The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009/2010 Prospect Statistics Thread

I have to point out Gord Baldwin. I thought he was the most improved prospect over the summer and he is looking very good so far. 5 points in 8 games and a +3. He may be coming into his breakout season.

Update:

TJ Brodie was traded. From Saginaw to the Barrie Colts. A little bit of a wierd deal because Saginaw does not appear to be rebuilding, but the Colts do appear to be loading up for a run.

In other news, the annual Super Series is up and coming with the Russians as they travel across Canada playing Team WHL, OHL and QMJHL.

Lance Bouma with represent team WHL.

Greg Nemisz and TJ Brodie will represent team OHL.

Games will be broadcast on Sportsnet.

I don't have an english link yet, but Tim Erixon will play for team Sweden at the upcoming World Junior championships.

Bjorkland did not make the team but was on the bubble.

TSN has confirmed selection camp roster for Hockey Canada for upcoming 2010 world Juniors.

Greg Nemisz is invited, but after making the summer camp TJ Brodie did not make this selection camp. Not too much of a dissapointment when you consider there is alot of offensive talent already on Canada's blueline. That doens't suprise me.

Nemisz should be right in the mix for a top 9 job IMO. I think he'll be an anchor on Canada's 3rd line.

TSN has confirmed selection camp roster for Hockey Canada for upcoming 2010 world Juniors.

Greg Nemisz is invited, but after making the summer camp TJ Brodie did not make this selection camp. Not too much of a dissapointment when you consider there is alot of offensive talent already on Canada's blueline. That doens't suprise me.

Nemisz should be right in the mix for a top 9 job IMO. I think he'll be an anchor on Canada's 3rd line.

Given how Nemisz has played during selection camp, I think he's played himself into the top-line RW spot.

Regardless of where he plays, though, I think he's going to have a pretty big impact during the tournament. He's really impressed me this year happy.gif

[quote name='Neufy_3 wrote:

cross16']TSN has confirmed selection camp roster for Hockey Canada for upcoming 2010 world Juniors.

Given how Nemisz has played during selection camp, I think he's played himself into the top-line RW spot.

Regardless of where he plays, though, I think he's going to have a pretty big impact during the tournament. He's really impressed me this year happy.gif

Nemisz with 2 goals, 2 assists in the Red-White prospects scrimmage

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/story/?id=302402

Keep it up! thumbsup.gif

Nemisz in particular is intrigueing.  He has a lot of big game experience with Windsor, and I'll enjoy seeing if he brings that to the Heat next year.  If he improves his skating, he could develop into a very dangerous scorer.