The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rosalie52

2009 MLB Playoffs

I think think that The Yankees sweep the Twins (unfortunately), the Angels win (wooot Go Angels) and in the NL I feel the Phillies will win, and the I could see the Cards coming back but that is a stretch so ill say LA

in the AL finals I think the Angels will beat the Yankees in 6 and in the NL Dodgers will beat the Phillies (their pen is too weak)

in the World Series I would say the Angels in 5....

I'm cheering for the Rockies to go far, but after goin down 2-1 last night I'm not too optimistic. I see the Angels going all the way ad winning this year.

I'm pretty pissed at the Twins though, they could easily be up in that series 2-1 right now, but literally ran themselves right out of the playoffs on the basepaths. Horrible mistakes, and the damn Yankees move on, oh how I hate the Yankees.

Big win for the Yankees tonight, with Lee pitching so well in his 1st game of the series, you have to assume the Phillies will win game 5. That would've meant if the Yankees had lost tonight, they would likely have gone down 3-2, but now they are, at worst, going home for 2 games needing only one win. A - Rod seems to be saying 'F U' to all the haters this series also...

Yankees are a team of destiny. As much as i've wanted them to lose, hate them, i've known since about 3/4 of the way through the season they were going to be the World Series camps. The starts have aligned with that new stadium. Sure give the team alot of credit, but you can also tell that destiney is on their side. LIke the Patriots of 01.

Yankees are a team of destiny. As much as i've wanted them to lose, hate them, i've known since about 3/4 of the way through the season they were going to be the World Series camps. The starts have aligned with that new stadium. Sure give the team alot of credit, but you can also tell that destiney is on their side. LIke the Patriots of 01.
wasnt that spy gate year one? lol

and if the patriots ever had destiny it was the year they went 16-0

Rivera and Jeter are straight Legends. Matsui played out of his mind. This year the Yankees the were distinctly the best team in baseball, during the regular season and playoffs.

Best team money can buy finally lived up to their name for the first time in 9 years. Now they are the last team I want to see win, but they deserve the credit this year they kept their egos at home and played as a team. Hopefully this won't be followed by more.

[quote name='lunarjames wrote:

cross16']Yankees are a team of destiny. As much as i've wanted them to lose, hate them, i've known since about 3/4 of the way through the season they were going to be the World Series camps. The starts have aligned with that new stadium. Sure give the team alot of credit, but you can also tell that destiney is on their side.
LIke the Patriots of 01

wasnt that spy gate year one? lol

and if the patriots ever had destiny it was the year they went 16-0

You mean the year the lost the biggest game of the year? How is destiny when you don't win it all?

The 01 Patrioits was the year no one expected them to do anything, then September 11th happened, Drew Bledsoe got hurt which meant Tom Brady came out of nowhere, and then you also had the famous "tuck rule" game against the Raiders. Alot of stars aligned that year for the Patroits.

Congrats to the Yankees. I only watched a few innings of a few games out of the entire series but managed to catch the most important moment, Matsui's homerun against Pedro. Yankees were in control the whole series though. Well played and everything. Congrats.