The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flambeau

Bret Hart is back

How could Bret Hart go back to WWE after they shammed him in his final match against Shawn Michaels?

I agree with Bane. He's one accident away from being a vegetable. He shouldn't even be medically cleared to resume work in the ring.

I haven't watched wrestling in years as it's been on a steady decline since probably 1999, but I may just tune in to see Bret on TV and to hear him cut a few more promos.

But one thing is for sure: Bret isn't coming back to wrestle and he won't be wrestling. At all.

Oh, he'll probably get in a fist fight or two with whoever he's going to feud with (*cough*ShawnMichaels*cough*) but he's not going to be taking any serious bumps for anybody. If anything, he's just going to be the voice for the lame re-incarnation of the Hart Foundation that the WWE has going, and he'll give them a big push into the spotlight for the next few months. That, and McMahon will probably give him some mic time to "vent" over what the WWE did to him (although, of course, it'll be scripted somewhat at least. Or they'll have their finger on the "dump footage" button every time he picks up a mic). He's not going to do much more than that.

Really though, I just want to hear him talk on the mic for a bit and then I can go back to ignoring wrestling once again.

Bret is a childhood hero for me. I've the feeling that this is a bad decision and I really hope that this comeback won't end into a desaster for him.

Why doesn't Wrestling come to Calgary anymore?
It does, the WWE was here in August or something for Raw. A couple of coworkers of mine went.

Not a wrestling fan anymore but I did happen to watch his return. Considering how much truth there is behind the Hart/Michaels hate for each other I was glad to see how classy they kept that.

I guess I shouldnt have been surprised to see to see how the McMahon meeting turned out..... I guess they had to find a way for Bret to feud with him to appease the fans

Not a wrestling fan anymore but I did happen to watch his return. Considering how much truth there is behind the Hart/Michaels hate for each other I was glad to see how classy they kept that.

I guess I shouldnt have been surprised to see to see how the McMahon meeting turned out..... I guess they had to find a way for Bret to feud with him to appease the fans

I suspect that Brett is going to have more apperances. If they did not leave the McMahon thing open like that then they could not do that. I mean if Brett got his closure with both Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon, there is no story line other than a now and then Raw Guest GM thing?

[quote name='DirtyDeeds wrote:

TheAce']Not a wrestling fan anymore but I did happen to watch his return. Considering how much truth there is behind the Hart/Michaels hate for each other I was glad to see how classy they kept that.

I suspect that Brett is going to have more apperances. If they did not leave the McMahon thing open like that then they could not do that. I mean if Brett got his closure with both Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon, there is no story line other than a now and then Raw Guest GM thing?

Bret Hart was one of the first wrestlers I watched wrestle and I instantly became a fan of his. I will always remain a fan of his but seeing the way he looked that night I would prefer he doesnt wrestle again. Having him come back and get a chance to say fairwell was a good thing but I really dont have any interest in watching him try to fight, especially after he had a stroke.

You are right though... they are setting it up so he will eventually get back at Vince. Maybe team up with Michaels against Vince and someone?

Ace, I think you might be correct.

I flip by when it's on TV and could definitely see them coming up with a Hart/Michaels team vs McMahon/Triple H match for Wrestlemania.

I was a huge wrestling fan in the day, Brett Hart is a legend. However, the only reason they brought him back on January 4 is because Hulk Hogan - the biggest name in wrestling - has bought into TNA, which runs its weekly show on thursday. For Hogans first debut on the TNA show, they moved it to Monday at the same time as raw. Its just a ratings war. I am sure Vince paid a big price to get Brett into the ring, I heard him speak of the wwe a few years ago, and it wasnt very flattering. From what I hear, both did pretty well, raw had solid ratings and tna had its highest ever. To tell you the truth, I wonder if Vince is behind both...

I was a huge wrestling fan in the day, Brett Hart is a legend. However, the only reason they brought him back on January 4 is because Hulk Hogan - the biggest name in wrestling - has bought into TNA, which runs its weekly show on thursday. For Hogans first debut on the TNA show, they moved it to Monday at the same time as raw. Its just a ratings war. I am sure Vince paid a big price to get Brett into the ring, I heard him speak of the wwe a few years ago, and it wasnt very flattering. From what I hear, both did pretty well, raw had solid ratings and tna had its highest ever. To tell you the truth, I wonder if Vince is behind both...
That's not true at all. Discussions between Hart and the WWE stretch back at least as far as six months before the January 4th date. That particular Raw was predetermined to be Hart's return well before Hogan was set to make his debut on TNA, which TNA just happened to peg on January 4th without any prior knowledge of what WWE was planning. In other words, it was one giant coincidence. 

Guest jsheajr

[quote name='Neufy_3 wrote:

happycat']Why doesn't Wrestling come to Calgary anymore?

It does, the WWE was here in August or something for Raw. A couple of coworkers of mine went.

Why wasn't I notified. I would have gone.

I can't bear the way Bret "The Hitman" Hart is treated by Vince MacMahon. He's the best there is, the best there was and the best who ever will be.

He'll fight the chairman at Wrestlemania 26 and if any bad thing happens once again to Bret, I won't watch WWE for months or for years. I already done that.

If anyone wants to act like me, they're welcome !

Edit (3/31/2010) : Guess what ? Bret won his no holds barred fight against Vince MacMahon ! And he screwed him HAHAlaugh.gif

Bret Hart is coming to Halifax to make an appearance at some little wrestling show at the exhibition park. They are making him look like a complete FOOL (if you don't already think he does).

They came into my business yesterday to promote this show, and handed me a brochure that says

"come give the old guy a hug and enjoy his and other WWE star's theme music!"

WTF??

I can't bear the way Bret "The Hitman" Hart is treated by Vince MacMahon. He's the best there is, the best there was and the best who ever will be.

He'll fight the chairman at Wrestlemania 26 and if any bad thing happens once again to Bret, I won't watch WWE for months or for years. I already done that.

If anyone wants to act like me, they're welcome !

Edit (3/31/2010) : Guess what ? Bret won his no holds barred fight against Vince MacMahon ! And he screwed him HAHAlaugh.gif

Thank God you edited that three times. It would have been unreadable, otherwise.

So to keep this conversation going, Hart was back for Smackdown in Calgary and RAW in Ottawa.

He didn't wrestle for the most part, but was part of some hilarities.