The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many medals does Canada have to win ?

I tried to set this up as a Poll, so people could just click but the Poll Option is not in this forum. 

So for Canada to have a successful games medal wise, how many medals do you think we need to win in your view / opinion.

(1) 1-10 
(2) 10-15
(3) 15-20
(4) 20-25
(5) 25-30
(6) 30-35 (35 or more was the goal set by the COC)
Not a single person wants to comment and go on record eh ? 

I personally, consider medals the most irreverent form of success when you are a host nation but I understand the other side of the coin with so much taxpayer money invested I think many take the opposite view as me. To me when you are host nation so many other factors come ahead of medals BUT if you are to focus on just a medal count at the exclusion of all other things. I think it has to come in at, at least 20-25 medals. Why ?

24 medals was the amount won at Turin in 2006 and given that we have taken extra steps to restrict access to the sliding, skating and hill sites I think we should at least equal that amount, no ? 

35 or more won't happen. If we're lucky we'll get 20-25 medals. Looks the US is going to have a great Olympics, just like in Salt Lake.

[quote name='Flame111 wrote:

Flame111']I tried to set this up as a Poll, so people could just click but the Poll Option is not in this forum. 

So for Canada to have a successful games medal wise,
how many medals do you think we need to win in your view
/ opinion.

(1) 1-10 
(2) 10-15
(3) 15-20
(4) 20-25
(5) 25-30
(6) 30-35 (35 or more was the goal set by the COC)

Not a single person wants to comment and go on record eh ? 

I personally, consider medals the most irreverent form of success when you are a host nation but I understand the other side of the coin with so much taxpayer money invested I think many take the opposite view as me. To me when you are host nation so many other factors come ahead of medals BUT if you are to focus on just a medal count at the exclusion of all other things. I think it has to come in at, at least 20-25 medals. Why ?

24 medals was the amount won at Turin in 2006 and given that we have taken extra steps to restrict access to the sliding, skating and hill sites I think we should at least equal that amount, no ? 

Are you going to resort to trolling just to get some response to your poll? I can respect your need to express your opinion, but your need for reciprocal recognition and attention is not so admirable.