The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sympathies to Joannie Rochette and family

Huge Heart Felt Condolences from me and my family to yours. My your Mom go in Peace Joannie. You are my Hero for continuing to compete. A True Testament to what this great nation Canada is all about. What a strong heart and determination you have Joannie. We are so very proud of you no matter what. Give it your all girl. You've already won Gold in my mind.

I can barely comprehend the courage this girl is displaying! Unreal! I watched her skate tonight and she looked amazing! I think she was sitting in third of a very tough field. thumbsup.gif

Flawless Personal Best Tonight Joannie. 2 Golds in my mind now and the more you go the more you get. Watched you skate. Brought a tear of pried to my own eye believe it or not as rough and tough of a guy I am. I am so very proud of you and I absolutely can't wait to devote a thread to you when you win gold cause you most certainly are in the utmost position after your short program to do so. Keep it up girl you can do it!!!!!!!

I don't care if Team Canada ends up winning the Gold in men's Ice Hockey. In My mind, Joanne Rochette just became the story and hero of these games.

What she just did is one of the biggest examples of courage you will ever see in Sport. WE marvel at pepole like Brett Favre who can play a game of Football and dominate days after the passing of a love one unexpecdatly. But that is not a sport that requires 4 years of work just to get to this point, carries the pressure of an entire nation on her shoulders, and with a margain of error so slim.

Joanne Rochette embodied courage and determination, and the entire nation should be so proud of her and her family. You do not get more courageous than what she did last night.

I think Joannie Rochette should represent Canada by bearing the flag at the closing ceremonies, I can't think of anyone who I would regard as a better representative of our nation among all of the athletes.

Does anyone agree or disagree?

I think Joannie Rochette should represent Canada by bearing the flag at the closing ceremonies, I can't think of anyone who I would regard as a better representative of our nation among all of the athletes.

Does anyone agree or disagree?

Fully agree.

Joannie is now in an Elite Class of Female Skating Athletes who have won a medal at the Winter Olympic Games (5) I think it is.

Not to ignore the emotional strife she is obviously going through all the while.

As well the fact that she got a personal best in the Short Program and I believe a Season Best in her Free Skate.

Finally she won a Bronze in the same competition in which a World Record for points in a Free Skate was broken and re set.

IMO Joannie is now in a class of athletes that includes the likes of Rick Hansen, Terry Fox, Wayne Gretzky, Barbra Ann Scott, Catriona Lemay Doan, Steve Nash Etc, All the while with intention to continue to compete further. Her accomplishment despite the odds staked against her at this very time should most definitely be considered deserving of the Order of Canada.