The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is up with the stamps?? do not re-sign Sandro

Sandro was on the Fan yesterday and said his decision to sign with Hamilton was so he could be closer to his son.  He sounded very sincere about it too.

Sandro turned down more money from the Stamps to sign with Hamilton becuase his parents where they and he wanted to move his wife and child back there to be close to them. That and Hamilton is a competitive team so it was attractive. Can't fault a guy for that and the STamps did offer him more money.

Trading Copeland looks to me like a salary cap move. Copeland carries a big contract and with a receiving core that already includes Lewis (who i believe has a new extension that kicks in this season) Bryant and Rambo thats alot of money in one position. Especially when you needed to resign Carlston Hughes, and still need an upgrade to the DL and the Defensive backfield. I think the STamps actualy did well to move Copeland and get someone who could have similar potential back. Keep in mind, any year now Copeland's age is likely to catch up with him. So the STamps are playing that game. Do you give im one more year and then the result is that he ages quickly and suddenly has no value, or do you let him go when he has value?

I think its been a good offseason so far for the Stamps. They've done well replacing their coaches, did well in the Copeland deal, retained Reynolds and now should have a little flexabiliyt to upgrade their D.