The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LewisD91

Canada's Gold Medal Winners 2010

It seems like we are winning a lot of gold medals, more than usual? Way to go Ashleigh McIvor, I haven't seen the run yet though, it was obviously pretty good! banana.gif

7 is the winter best, did that the last 2 Olympics, 10 is the most Canada has got in the Summer games, so that possibly could fall too.

Not in Alberta tongue.gif. Plus she's french, they drink when they turn 5.

GO CANADA!

Cept the Olympics are in Vancouver, which isnt in Alberta.....

[quote name='bigchief wrote:

Zirakzigil']He was amazing. Very happy to see him win gold.
The story about him and his brother was very touching

That was like a movie script or something! Totally inspirational/feelgood story of the year! Two thumbs way up for Alex Bilodeau!

What is the synopsis of Alex's story as I'm in Oz and haven't seen much coverage of the olympics (I really wish I could be in Canada during these olympics).

Way to take the pressure off the rest of the olympians Alex.. Good on ya you little ripper!  happy.gif

[quote name='bigchief wrote:

DanielHarris1979 wrote:

bigchief']That was like a movie script or something! Totally inspirational/feelgood story of the year! Two thumbs way up for Alex Bilodeau!

What is the synopsis of Alex's story
as I'm in Oz and haven't seen much coverage of the olympics (I really wish I could be in Canada during these olympics).

Way to take the pressure off the rest of the olympians Alex.. Good on ya you little ripper! 
happy.gif Blog from Toronto Star Starkman  http://thestar.blogs.com/...-inspire-each-other.html

Some background there but I saw it on CTV, it was before he won the gold.

Thanks mucho for that Chief man. It is a truly inspiring story. Is it just me, or does gold really compliement Canada Red, oh yeah baby! 

First Female Canadian to win Gold on Home Soil. Very important indeed and she should be just as proud as Alex Bilodeau For being the First Male Canadian to win Gold on Home Soil. What an unbelievable come from behind victory. Got to love the underdogs and Maelle fits that description to a T the way yesterday went.

He was amazing. Very happy to see him win gold. The story about him and his brother was very touching.

That was like a movie script or something! Totally inspirational/feelgood story of the year! Two thumbs way up for Alex Bilodeau!

flight-of-the-conchords-brett-mckenzie-acephotos071471brettmckenzie.jpg       Charles%20Hamelin.JPG

Bret McKenzie of Flight of the Conchords and the Canadian short track speed-skater Charles Hamelin are long lost brothers. I swear!

Way to go Canadian Bret!!! Or should I say way to go New Zealand Charles for making one of the best comedic shows ever.

[quote name='DanielHarris1979 wrote:

bigchief wrote:

Zirakzigil']He was amazing. Very happy to see him win gold.
The story about him and his brother was very touching

What is the synopsis of Alex's story as I'm in Oz and haven't seen much coverage of the olympics (I really wish I could be in Canada during these olympics).

Way to take the pressure off the rest of the olympians Alex.. Good on ya you little ripper!  happy.gif Blog from Toronto Star Starkman  http://thestar.blogs.com/...-inspire-each-other.html

Some background there but I saw it on CTV, it was before he won the gold.

CONGRATULATIONS CHRISTINE NESBITT!!!!!!! SORRY I MISSED IT BUT IN ORDER TO WIN GOLD IT MUST HAVE BEEN ONE HECK OF A RUN!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD BE SO VERY PROUD!!!!!!! JUST CAUGHT YOUR INTERVIEW, DON'T CRY AS YOUR A CANADIAN HERO NOW!!!!!!! KUDOS AGAIN OLYMPIC TEAM CANADA ON ONE MORE MEDAL (GOLD)!!!!!!!

canada.gif

THE COUNT CONTINUES!!!!!!!

Bunny04a.jpgBunny04a.jpgBunny04a.jpgSilver.jpgSilver.jpgSilver.jpgBronse.jpg

Alex and his brother, sister and parents were at CTV on location in Vancouver for an interview after his Gold medal and Dutchey comes running out with some "champagne" and a bunch of crappy little plastic cups to toast his victory like some wild & crazy mo-fo. Seemed kind of white trash hospitality to me. That might fly on a tailgate or Olympic Village maybe but when  you're in CTV's Olympic studio, going coast to coast with a national hero, go and find some proper glasses for cripes sake and don't embarrass everyone!

medium.jpg 210px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png

Jon Montgomery - GOLD In Men's Skeleton

Wow....that was intense..almost like watching overtime in a NHL playoff game.

Well Done Dude!!!

(Someone is more addicted than me. Moved from 2010 Thread to stay with topic.)

HAHA! In my mind there is only one thing greater than the Olympics and that is the STANLEY CUP. Wouldn't miss either for nothing.

WooooHooooo! Nice job!

Russell? Is that where Fleury is from?

I think so. I know Pat Falloon is from cause I worked with his cousin who was from there too. My best friend who is Theo's Cousin is from St. Lazare not to far from Russel. Good Folk from that area indeed.

Woohoo go Alex!

GO CANADA! This is awesome! I get chills from watching his performance, that's just how inspiring it is.

Did you see the reaction in Downtown Vancouver? It went nuts! Incredible!

Congrats Alexandre Bilodeau!

Nice! Great to see another medal. Too bad Kristina Groves just missed out on the podium, that would have been awesome if she had made it.

First gold medal won in Whistler (As opposed to Cypress or Van). 

When they interviewed him in Whistler town on CTV a couple of hours after the race, the place went nuts with impromptu anthem singing. In the middle of the interview he auctioned off a pitcher of beer, how kewl is that for an Olympic gold medalist. Not to mention that he went 140 KM/h with a helmet painted with a turtle on it.

Congratulations Jon, Go Canada. 

Sort of ironic, don't you think? laugh.gif

Anyways, congrats to Montgomery (who now resides in Calgary) on getting Canada's 4th Gold Medal. He deserved it. 

On another note, let's go Kalyna Roberge and Charles Hamelin! The quest for Canada's 5th Gold Medal on home soil is on!

Yay!!! Way to go Maelle, her story was very touching, I almost cried. She deserves it by overcoming many obstacles!!

WoooHooo! I heard earlier in the day that we were not expecting any medals today, was this an upset?

Anyway, kudos to Maelle, it doesn't get any better than gold!

Congratulations to her!!! Canadian women really kick butt, yaaaaay!!!!! Can't wait to see who gets gold next, I love hearing how their journeys went before they got the gold

Really, how many threads do we need? We'll probably have the 14th thread regarding Canadian gold medalists tomorrow. Can't blame you though, Canada's been great this second half of the Olympics. Just simply awesome.

Anyways, congrats to the men's curling team. Come on Iginla and the rest of Team Canada. I don't want to see the Americans celebrating after tomorrow's game! Let's win the gold to set an Olympic Games record!