The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AHL Playoffs - (2) Rochester vs. (3) Heat

To me sounds like the Heat have a slight advantage. They won the series, not to mention the hot streak they went on at the end going 6 streat games without a regulation loss.

Just a side note. Matt Pelech is back in the lineup.

The number of good players injured is a bit alarming, though I could see both Backlund and Sutter being sent down, if they haven't already been sent down, which will help bolster the lineup

GO HEAT GO!!

Baclund and Sutter are in fact back, so Radek Smolenak was returned to the Tampa Bay organization from whom he was on loan. Matt Keetley was also brought back from Victoria of the ECHL.

http://www.abbotsfordheat...D=23800&ATCLID=204928111

Of the injuries, John Armstrong is the only guy not expected back at all, the others may return in later rounds.

I like this 2-3-2 format, I think it can work really well in Abby's favour. If we can win at least one of two in Rochester, we have an excellent chance to take the series at home. But I know, the playoffs are a whole different ballgame.

Heat up 3-1 after the 1st period against Rochester in Game 1.

Keith Seabrook with 2 goals

Mitch Wahl with 1 assist

19 Penalties.. lol must have been a tough one. Maybe Rochester should consider changing the arena name from Blue Cross to Red Cross Arena.

Although Abby scored first, Rochester carries a 3-1 lead into the third of game 2. Lots of emotion in this one, couple fights and some dust-ups so far.

Rochester comes away with a second game win, 4-1.

56 minutes handed out at the 18:19 mark, only 19 of them to Rochester. Looks like the next three at home will be very tough affairs.

Hope the boys can use their home ice advantage to win the series. I feel that the next three games going to be tough an tight.

Heat lost it 8-4 so the Americans lead the series 2-1. Come on boys bounce back in the next two home games!

brutal game tonight, heat lost 6-1. rochester's goalie was unstoppable. however sutter and backlund looked decent out there, they were on the same line as wahl, who did not look so good

When we put over 40 shots on net, and 23 of them in the first, and only score one goal, there's something that needs to change. Not sure if it's Irving and Shantz themselves, or if the D are dropping assignments, but there needs to be a drastic turnaround.

In the goals category, we won the first game by scoring three on Salak in the first period of the first game, and holding on after that. Ever since Rochester put Plante in for the second period of that first game, he's been the difference. In three games, we've been outscored 18-6. Not going to win too many that way.

Also it's kind of hard to comment when all you have is the radio broadcast to go on smile.gif

I think it is the D who is mostly to blame, we looked terrible in our own zone last night. And Plante has definately been the difference maker, he has made some great saves these last two games.

Good news!Hope he's able to play. The boys have to forget about the tough 6-1 lose and come out strong and play hard physical.

Come on boys it's do or die time. Go Heat Go

fantastic game tonight, heat won 3-1. the whole team looked way better than their last two home games. shantz also looked quite solid in net.

Good news indeed.....back to the Atlantic side now.

Taking 2 from Rochester on their home ice is a monumental task but definitely not impossible.

Let's hope the guys do it!

Tell you what, last night was a very complete game. From where I was sitting (5th row in the corner), we couldn't see much of the defensive zone, but from what I could tell, there were very few times that any Rochester attacker was left alone. There was great coverage by all the Heat players, and the only goal that Rochester scored was by crashing the net and shoving the puck in "after" the whistle. It was that close (there's no video review in the AHL). Shots were 34-18 total for the Heat, and something like 18-4 after the first. Great offense, excellent on the cycle, perfect passing ... everything they needed and still need to do for the next two.  It's just too bad Jaffray missed his penalty shot, that would have been huge!

Also, huge props to their second period work, after being outscored 11-1 in the first four games, they held Rochester to only 5 shots.  Great effort.

GO HEAT GO!!!! BRING ON ROUND TWO!!!!!!