The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlereddevil

World Cup 2010 Football

When I was an impressionable young kid, Argentina won the world cup so I have always been partial to them even with the diving. Put Germany & Holland in for the top 3 for who I cheer for and whoever is playing against Brazil or the US happy.gif

I think the unfamiliar location of South Africa (Time zone, travel, lack of local area players) will make for a lot of upsets like in 2002 Japan when Turkey got 3rd. So who knows who will win?

Italy, Germany, and England all have easier draws...... either way, im sure we'll see the typical 6-8 teams near the end. Germany, England, Brasil, Italy, Portugal, France, Spain, and maybe Argentina

All my life I don`t know why I just like Alessandro Del Piero from Italy. Just when he put the dagger in the Germans last world cup so For me either Italy, Argentina, Or an AFRICAN team

Some of the initial world cup rosters have been announced. I'll get the links up a little bit later.

Brazil - no Ronaldinho, Alexandre Pato, Diego

France - no Patrick Vieira, Karim Benzema

England - no David Beckham (injury)

Argentina - no Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso

Some of the initial world cup rosters have been announced. I'll get the links up a little bit later.

Brazil - no Ronaldinho, Alexandre Pato, Diego

France - no Patrick Vieira, Karim Benzema

England - no David Beckham (injury)

Argentina - no Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso

Pato was named to the team but Ronaldo and Adriano were left off. Coach Dunga has never been a fan of Ronaldinho but I think its  a big mistake not to take him. He tried using the excuse that he didnt play enough which was not true because he was on the first team for Milan and led the team in scoring. Alot of specualtion is that if Brazil doesnt win this World Cup then Dunga will be let go, the powers to be are big fans of Dinno and wanted him on the team.

The Preliminary list link is http://www.fifa.com/mm/do...6/87/provisional1305.pdf

Looking through the rosters, Ronaldinho is indeed included. One factor that I found interesting is Germany only named 27 players as compared to 30 which was the number for most teams which was also the limit. This shows that the german camp already has a good idea who will be going and not going.

Also Becham is going to assist Capello (England's coach) http://www.fifa.com/world...am+poised+assist+capello

I just bought a world cup guide yesterday and brushing up my rosters and team standings. Can't wait for the world cup to start.

GO GERMANY GO!!!

Wow no Ronaldinho I really would have loved to watch him play in the world cup

Ronaldo is now old, so he won't play. They also left out Roberto Carlos who used to be good in the earlier world cups.

Hey nice to see that some of you guys cheering for Germany!

I really hope that my guys will win the Cup this year but our Team is not as good as 2006. Now Ballack is injuried and is not able to play. So a great leader espacially for our young players is out.

So I hope Germany make it but I suppose that Spain wins it.....

Auf geht's Deutschland!!!

What happened to all these Brazilians? When I lived back in England during the 06 World Cup, Adriano, Ronaldo and ronaldinhio were extremely good.
Adriano has turned into a bit of a drunk since his dad died. His off field issues is what cost him his spot on the team. Ronaldo is rehabbing an injury and wouldnt be in shape to play is what coach Dunga said about him. Ronaldihno is a head scratcher but the Dunga has never really been a fan of him.

The only one left from the " fearsome foursome" of 06 is Kaka......

I'll be cheering on Germany because I was born there and because Canada can't field a team.
Which is totally bizarre with the talent pool we have in this country we should be dominating the sport, maybe one day.

Finally, 7 years, 100s of matches later, we see the World Cup in Africa for the first time.

I don't know about you, but this year is going to be awesome!

South Africa draws with Mexico in the opening game of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Unfortunate result for South Africa, it looked like they were going to win it late in the game when Mphela hit the post. Oh well, next up is France-Uruguay.

http://www.fifa.com/world...+frustrates+south+africa

England cant be happy with that result. Greene definitely cost them this game. Should have been a win instead of a draw

Anyways, Zirak, I noticed you got the support for Germany there. Nicely done!

Deutschland uber alles! Beat those Aussies!

Anyways, Zirak, I noticed you got the support for Germany there. Nicely done!

Deutschland uber alles! Beat those Aussies!

I <3 Deutschland. Have always supported them. I was a huge Kahn and Owen fan growing up and started following Klose when he broke out in the 2002 World Cup. Tomorrow should be a decent game. Injuries are going to haunt us this tournament though. I am worried about our goaltending.

I <3 Deutschland. Have always supported them. I was a huge Kahn and Owen fan growing up and started following Klose when he broke out in the 2002 World Cup. Tomorrow should be a decent game. Injuries are going to haunt us this tournament though. I am worried about our goaltending.

Neuer will be fine. He's had a terrific season for Schalke in the Bundesliga, and I don't think he'll be the issue necessarily.

If anything is Germany's Achilles heel it's their defense. Absolutely zero depth after the starting lineup.

[quote name='littlereddevil wrote:

Zirakzigil']I <3 Deutschland. Have always supported them. I was a huge Kahn and Owen fan growing up and started following Klose when he broke out in the 2002 World Cup. Tomorrow should be a decent game. Injuries are going to haunt us this tournament though. I am worried about our goaltending.

Neuer will be fine. He's had a terrific season for Schalke in the Bundesliga, and I don't think he'll be the issue necessarily.

If anything is Germany's Achilles heel it's their defense. Absolutely zero depth after the starting lineup.

The drop from last World Cup to this one is huge keeper wise. I just am not sure about them. Defense is a little weak, but the new system they play should be fine. Im more worried about their transition game moving the ball forward back in wise. Ballack will be missed a lot.