The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlereddevil

World Cup 2010 Football

Hey as they all say, never underestimate the Germans!

They never seem to put up the strongest squad on paper, but they always find a way to win through great teamwork, hard work, etc.

GO GERMANY GO!!!!!!!!

Should be a good game and I will be supporting the team watching the game with my dad. The world cup so far has been alright. Did like the mexico-South Africa game.

Its tough cheering for england because they seemed cursed. Something goes wrong for them all the time.

Goaltending has always been a sore spot for England and Green definetly didn't win anyone over. Problem is james going to be any better? I'm not sure he will.

I'm still hopefully for England, but it'l be interesting unless their goaltending really shapes up.

Quote for yall today

I'm sure sex wouldn't be so rewarding as this World Cup. It's not that sex isn't good but the World Cup is every four years and sex is not.

Ronaldo

Brazilian soccer player, after winning 2002 World Cup

I am impressed so far. Germany's transition game has been excellent. They need to bury more of their chances though. Against teams with stronger defense they arent going to pick them a part and get behind them as much.

My German guys had a great game yesterday. I'm really Happy for Klose. The german press made a lot of pressure against him. So it was great that he scored early in the tournament. For me Müller and Podolski had a great game,too. Keep on rolling boys!!!!

1954-1974-1990-2010 Weltmeister DEUTSCHLAND!!!!

Yes but Brazil had a very bad game. They played very arrogant.

Switzerland defeat Spain 1-0...first big surprise of the tournament.

Glad to see Spain fall. The Brazil/NK game was good, was hoping for an upset but instead Brazil got a shock and probably got made stronger.

Germany lose 1-0 against Serbia. That's dissapointing. Podolski failed with a penalty shot and Klose get a red card in the first half of the game. So he's out for the next game against Ghana. The guys played a good game espacially with 10 players but there was no luck today. Hope they bounce back on Wednesday.

The reffing in my opinion was brutal. I doubt FIFA agrees with Klose's red card. There was no way that first yellow was card worthy.

That first yellow card was a dive by the Serbian player. Klose did not deserve that first yellow, the second was deserved but that's about it. The ref handed out way too many cards in this game, and it wasn't even a nasty game at all. Brutal....

USA also got robbed of a victory today, that ref should not have disallowed that 3rd US goal.

FIFA really needs to review all their refs prior to these tournaments, and especially the two today. Germany should have had a draw, USA should have won.

Definetely the first yellow Card for Klose was a joke. There are so many undeserved yellow cards in this WC it's horrible.

I feel bad for the US Boys. They came back after a 2-0 and they scored a regular third goal. What has the referee seen there?If there was a foul, then from slowenia.

Oh well, Ghana tied Australia today, so that basically means Germany needs to win their final game.

Germany always bounces back after a defeat, let's go Deutschland!

GO GERMANY GO!!

I will be missing the game due to a class tomorrow but I will record it for when I get back. I sure hope no one ruins the score line for me.

And the city just blocked everything to do with the world cup sad.gif

Now I cant even get updates let alone watch the game..... mad.gif

Saw the italy game. Just wow. I thought France would be weak due to their issues prior to the world cup but never thought Italy would be out in the group stages itself.

Can't wait until Sunday 4 pm whenThe mother of all football rivals begin Deutschland vs. England!

Come on Boys beat the English ones again!!!

4 pm? I have it here at 7 am, still not too bad though. Not sure who to cheer for, although I enjoy England's play, I have roots in Germany. Match of the year!