The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlereddevil

World Cup 2010 Football

What an awesome game! So glad I stayed up to watch Germany beat up on England. happy.gif Hopefully Germany against Argentina is just as good.

What an awesome game! So glad I stayed up to watch Germany beat up on England. happy.gif Hopefully Germany against Argentina is just as good.
Awesome that we beat the English! I have the feeling that 82 million Germans were on the streets yesterday after this great game!

Now I'm hoping that we find the tools to keep Messi,Tevez and Higuain out of the game!

The game against Argentina should be a pretty good one. If Germany will get to the finals, they will have a very tough road indeed. They will have to beat Argentina and then go on to play either of Spain or Portugal in the semis.

[quote name='jens-1 wrote:

Zirakzigil']What an awesome game! So glad I stayed up to watch Germany beat up on England.
happy.gif
 Hopefully Germany against Argentina is just as good.

Awesome that we beat the English! I have the feeling that 82 million Germans were on the streets yesterday after this great game!

Now I'm hoping that we find the tools to keep Messi,Tevez and Higuain out of the game!

I was downtown Frankfurt for the game yesterday and it was nuts....  Thousands of fans with painted faces and flags.

The Dutch winning was a huge surprise today. Brazil just lost it though.

Already Maradona is starting with the trash talk. Hope that censored.gif backfires...

[quote name='Barney_Gumble wrote:

The Dutch winning was a huge surprise today. Brazil just lost it though.

Zirakzigil']What an awesome game! So glad I stayed up to watch Germany beat up on England.
happy.gif
 Hopefully Germany against Argentina is just as good.

Already Maradona is starting with the trash talk. Hope that censored.gif backfires...Im not worried by Argentina. The way the Germans smacked England around has me confident.

I've never been happier in my life as a German football fan! Germany was simply great today. Argentina was no match at all, Maradona looked bewildered after that first goal by Müller.

Klose passes the Great One, Pelé, for goals in a World Cup, and is only two goals away from passing Ronaldo and becoming the all-time World Cup leading scorer.

Deutschland uber alles! Das war eine Weltklasse-Leistung! Halbfinale!

Awesome game!!! Klose and Müller were great again. The entire team worked so hard and I'm so proud on my boys!!!

Well the rematch is set! Germany faces Spain in the semis for a rematch of the Euro 2008 Final.

Come on Germany, make us proud! March on to the final!

As I get frustrated at players in any sport that do not follow all the way through, I thought Klose's extra effort on his first goal was refreshing & am quite impressed.

[quote name='Zirakzigil wrote:

thelights']Wow, uh, going to go against the grain here....VAMOS ESPANOL!

remiq.net_9065.jpg

Hahahaha, I like it I like it.

Regardless of the outcome, this is going to be a great match. Definitely looking forward to it, and it sets up what should be a classic final with the Dutchmen.

No, but Spains possession game can do that to a team. I think the Netherlands will take the opposite approach now and play the Spaniards as aggressive as they can. A couple more goals would have been nice today, I was cheering for Spain but it would have been great to see Klose pot his 15th. Who knows, he could get another chance in 2014.