The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlereddevil

World Cup 2010 Football

WOW that was a huge letdown.

I was expecting a push back from Germany, but they didn't do that all for the entire game. Joachim Low got his tactics all wrong. Germany should have dictated the pace from the get go, yet they sat back and let Spain do what they do best, that is pass the ball around endlessly.

It was only a matter of time before Spain was going to score.

As for that missed call in the first half, Ozil should have gotten a penalty. He was clearly hauled down by Sergio Ramos with a clumsy challenge, and the ref does nothing about it. Did this influence the result? NO but when you have a ref who is missing calls it can clearly frustrate a team, and I think that's what happened to Germany today.

Oh well, this was their youngest squad in 76 years (since 1934), and they did do some damage in the World Cup. Beating favourites like England and Argentina and very narrowly missing out on the final is nothing to be ashamed of, considering there was no Ballack, no Adler (their starting GK) and tons of players who lacked caps at the international level.

Germany's future looks bright though, and to be quite honest I hope they can get over the last hurdle (something they can't seem to do this past decade) in 2012 and 2014 and hopefully win both the Euro and the World Cup in Brazil.

P.S. On a side note I now officially hate octopus. Paul the Octopus has accurately predicted the results of all Germany games up to this date, and for the semifinal he predicted a Spanish victory. Last time Germany and Spain met (Euro 2008 final) he predicted falsely. This is why I now hate octopus.

WOW that was a huge letdown.

I was expecting a push back from Germany, but they didn't do that all for the entire game. Joachim Low got his tactics all wrong. Germany should have dictated the pace from the get go, yet they sat back and let Spain do what they do best, that is pass the ball around endlessly.

It was only a matter of time before Spain was going to score.

As for that missed call in the first half, Ozil should have gotten a penalty. He was clearly hauled down by Sergio Ramos with a clumsy challenge, and the ref does nothing about it. Did this influence the result? NO but when you have a ref who is missing calls it can clearly frustrate a team, and I think that's what happened to Germany today.

Oh well, this was their youngest squad in 76 years (since 1934), and they did do some damage in the World Cup. Beating favourites like England and Argentina and very narrowly missing out on the final is nothing to be ashamed of, considering there was no Ballack, no Adler (their starting GK) and tons of players who lacked caps at the international level.

Germany's future looks bright though, and to be quite honest I hope they can get over the last hurdle (something they can't seem to do this past decade) in 2012 and 2014 and hopefully win both the Euro and the World Cup in Brazil.

P.S. On a side note I now officially hate octopus. Paul the Octopus has accurately predicted the results of all Germany games up to this date, and for the semifinal he predicted a Spanish victory. Last time Germany and Spain met (Euro 2008 final) he predicted falsely. This is why I now hate octopus.

Blown calls?...in the World Cup?...no....

Germany is going to have a very good team going foward, I'd put them down as early favorites for Euro 2012 and World Cup 2014. Plenty of good young talent.

Sunday will be a stellar match, I predicted this final and am a little uncertain as to who to cheer for. Whoever wins though, I'll be happy, and it'll be good to see a nation that's never won the Cup before take it home.

P.S. to your P.S....I think you mean octopi haha. Who (or what) is Paul the octopus?

Bad game from the team yesterday and frustrating lose against Spain. They dominated us the entire 90 minutes.They were quicker, they were strong in the offence and their midfield was a class act. I had so much hope that the guys come back to Berlin with the Cup but to be honest Spain deserved the win yesterday.If Spain will play like that on Sunday, then it'll be a tough game for the Dutch. I think Spain get the Cup this year but the German football will have a good future if we moving on.

Disappointing game, bad move by Germany to pretty much change the whole game plan. I guess there's always next time! wink.gif

Netherlands!!!!

Awards

Golden Boot (Top Goalscorer): Thomas Mueller, Germany

Golden Ball (MVP): Diego Forlan, Uruguay

Golden Glove (Top GK): Iker Casillas, Spain

Best Young Player: Thomas Mueller, Germany

FIFA Fair Play Trophy (Fewest Cards Against): Spain

What a great tournament!

CONGRATS SPAIN!!!

This game was garbage, one of the worse finals I have ever watched. To me Spain did not deserve it at all and Casillas in my mind is the only Spanish player deserving of the win.

This game was garbage, one of the worse finals I have ever watched. To me Spain did not deserve it at all and Casillas in my mind is the only Spanish player deserving of the win.

SO TRUE. Plus that blown Corner Kick call was.. Eww... Anyways. What a CRAPPY game. There was a stop every 10 seconds. Everyone was faking down there, or hitting like that crazy. Yellow cards every minute. WTH was that garbage game?

First of all: Congrats to Spain! Now we can say that we've lost against the Champion in the Semi-final.tongue.gif

But what dissapointing final. I expected much from this game but it was frustrating to see this foul festival. The ref has to give Nigel de Jong the red card after his Kung-Fu kick. This was really a garbage game....

Yeah I agree the final game was brutal. But with the way the Dutch played you could almost sense that someone was going to be sent off. Holland was dirty, that's why there were so many cards in the game.

Perfect example is De Jong's Eric Cantona-style kung fu kick to the chest of Xabi Alonso. That should have been a red card.

Yeah Howard Webb made a mistake with awarding a goal kick rather than a corner building up to Iniesta's goal, but reality is calls go both ways. Holland got away with some antics in the game (another example being when Robben kicks the ball away after he got called offside, should have been sent off for that) as well as the Spaniards.

Not the best final but you can't blame the english ref for the amount of cards. The ref dictates how the game should be played right from the get-go, and it's up to the players to adjust their game. Holland didn't and they paid the ultimate price for their over physical tactics.

Now that a great football event is approaching, an accurate schedule is what the fans need. The principle of operation is the following: the user enters the results of the games into the corresponding fields, 2010 World Cup Final Tournament Schedule indicates the winner and changes the position of each team. The algorithm is able to manage cases of equal score, so that teams are always sorted correctly and fully automatically, without manual sorting (unlike in other similar calendars).

The layout of the spreadsheet is designed to be clear and convenient, so that the current situation would be obvious. Being an Excel project, 2010 World Cup Final Tournament Schedule does not use macros.

Football fans will definitely appreciate that 2010 World Cup Final Tournament Schedule allows calculating the game outcome, which would bring their favorite team to the next round. It is also possible to make predictions on the basis of 2010 World Cup Final. Fans from all over the world can use it due to multilingual interface and support of different time zones.