The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBA Free Agency

It's true, but in the current age of twitter, instant information and reality TV, the masses eat this elbowinge up. I don't think Bosh has been quite bad enough to justify all the harshness going his way, but I'll agree he could have handled it a lot better. And Lebrons special...come on. Just sign. Your point about Jordan/Bird is bang on, keep a little class. It's the next evolution of the media circus.

I wish Kovalchuk would have a special, at least then we'd actually know when to expect something.

I wouldn't declare them champs yet, while they right now have the best top 3 easily. I do think Boston, Orlando and the Lakers will have greater depth. With Miami having all three and only 2 others under contract they still need a quality bench imo to get it done, and that is something they may have trouble doing with those 3 making so much.

This is something that people saw coming way back when they signed their last contracts. I don't blame any of them for doing this, actually while Toronto and Cleveland may be furious, they turned down bigger bucks for a chance to build a dynasty. At the same time I think if Lebron goes on to win 10 titles I still wouldn't put him in the same class as Jordan. Jordan built up his dynasty, while Lebron was recruited to his.

I'm only a casual bball fan to begin with, but this is making me less interested.

It's going to be hard for these guys to mesh in the beginning.. If you think the fans and the media will look at these guys as equals.. that's CRAZY.

On another note, tell me if you think there is something wrong with this statement. (I know about them taking paycuts buttttt)

Chris Bosh makes the same amount of money as LeBron James.