Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louis23

98th Grey Cup, Alouettes Vs Riders

12 posts in this topic

Als in a very close game just like last year. GO ALS GO!

Sorry Stamps fans, btw!

Yesterday was a sad day for me in sports. I was a NASCAR fan as well and was cheering anybody but Jimmie.

I was of course cheering the Stamps but only during period intermissions, to see them lose to the hated Green, mad me sad....

Then to lose to the refs in Detroit was the ultimate, the only good thing being Iggy getting 2 and an assist and us getting 1 point.

My predictions? Tough to call, outside in Edmonchuck? One would favor the Riders, but the weather is supposed to be alot nicer so ......

crap who knows?

Actually.... who cares?

Tonight kicks off the Grey Cup parties here in the city, I could honestly care less... was wondering why those tents are up in Churchill last week then remembered about the Grey Cup. *yawns*

The Riders HAVE to lose on Sunday. They just have to. I live in SK and I do NOT want to deal with the idiocy that will result if they win the Grey Cup. They're already acting like cocky morons! :blink: I was never against the Riders until I moved here. :rolleyes:

The Riders HAVE to lose on Sunday. They just have to. I live in SK and I do NOT want to deal with the idiocy that will result if they win the Grey Cup. They're already acting like cocky morons! :blink: I was never against the Riders until I moved here. :rolleyes:

You moved to Saskatchewan? :o

I'm cheering for the CFL team that supports elections in Soviet China... Gee I wonder which party will win lol. Ok ok my Sane answer, (my brain is more wacky than ever, geee ripes this smog is thick)... I'm cheering for the Alouettes, It will be intresting to see if the QB has it in him to win two grey cups, hopefully such a destiny will manifest for Mr Burris though. Or Iginla.....

Is it just me or have Grey Cups really dropped off, outside of last year only because of the penalty nothing in recent games have stood out. Games haven't been highly entertaining, and no individual performances or plays stand out. Last night was an example, close game in score but lacked any real excitement. Even at halftime Bachman and Turner had no overdrive.

What was enjoyable is the aftermath in Rider Nation, outside of Leaf Nation they are my most hated fan base. I think the problem is when they used this as the anthem for Rider Pride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8wSuh_LXsc

Maybe next year they'll rip off Bieber or Lady Gaga.

I hate to say it but I was cheering for the Als on Sunday, for the simple fact that I hate how arrogant the Rider fan base is.

Every game the Stamps played, whether it was against BC or Hamilton, I would read the story on TSN. Then sadly I would wade through the tripe from all the Rider fans about how arrogant Calgary fans were, and how much the Stamps sucked and so on and so forth. So I took great happiness on Sunday watching the fans cry, mope and curse.

Does this make me a bad person?

You moved to Saskatchewan? :o

nod.gif Yessir. No one else wanted me. :D

I hate to say it but I was cheering for the Als on Sunday, for the simple fact that I hate how arrogant the Rider fan base is.

Every game the Stamps played, whether it was against BC or Hamilton, I would read the story on TSN. Then sadly I would wade through the tripe from all the Rider fans about how arrogant Calgary fans were, and how much the Stamps sucked and so on and so forth. So I took great happiness on Sunday watching the fans cry, mope and curse.

Does this make me a bad person?

Nope. It's the exact same reason why I can't stand the Riders. This is coming from a Bomber fan. I can't stand the Stampeders either but that's just tradition. :D

I will never understand your mind FON. First you like the Flames but hate the Jets, and you like the bombers but hate the Stamps? This like Deng Zao Ping a communist gurilliar warrior saying "To Get rich is glorious", and leading a stick it to the man government..... Give me your pass port PEEPS so I can eat Fresh Dragon Eyes... don't keep Dragon Eyes away from a Chinese man.... this is a big no no.

Now for my sane answer.....

I wonder what do Rider fans do with their watermellons year after year? Do they smash them with hammers like Gallagher the comedian who smashes watermellons does?