The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tachaudh

Nba - Miami Heat

Once the storm settled and that media whore Lebron James paraded himself after he and Chris Bosh signed with Dwayne Wade and the Miami Heat this past summer, Jeff Van Gundy boldly predicted that they would handily beat the Bulls record of 72 wins in 1996. Not only that, but they were also going to take down the Lakers 33 game win streak from 1972. Now almost a quarter into the season the Heat are a .500 basketball team, and they have played some brutal games.

I know a great majority of pro sports fans are tickled beyond belief (myself included). But even those who disagreed with Van Gundy could never have thought that they would be this bad. All 3 have collectively played some of the worst games of their careers at different parts of the season. Perhaps they need a Phil Jackson like coach who can come in and effectively manage the massive egos evident in that locker room. Or may be it's just too much individual skill and no chemistry.

Why do the Heat suck in your opinion?

1 ball. 3 inflated egos.

It'd be like if Ovechkin, Kovalev and Kovalchuk all played together with sub-par defence and goaltending.

Much like Don said, too many egos.

I actually was one of the few that didn't think that this "big three" was actually the way to go. Lebron and Wade play a similar game. They are slashers who want to take the ball to the hoop. Bosh is an insider rebounder and hit the jump shot. They dont'have anyone that can stretch the D and hit 3s, and they dont'have alot of depth. Their bench is pretty poor and its getting beat on a continuial basis.

They'll figure it out and still be a pretty godo team, but I said at the begining of the year and continue to beleive that the Lakers and Celtics are still better teams.

Simple answer.

3 players does not make a team. Even if they're superstars.

Its a team sport, and depth is just as important, if not more important, than top end talent.

Simple answer.

3 players does not make a team. Even if they're superstars.

Its a team sport, and depth is just as important, if not more important, than top end talent.

That's why the Big 3 in Boston worked. Garnett, Pierce and Allen all had complimentary styles to each other and they also have very good other players as well with Rondo, Perkins, House and Davis. And now, Shaq.

Go celtics. They are a way better team. Even Kobe's Lakers are right up there. Bosh, this is karma for letting Raps down. Lebron same thing. This has always been Wade's team anyways..

1 ball. 3 inflated egos.

It'd be like if Ovechkin, Kovalev and Kovalchuk all played together with sub-par defence and goaltending.

I don't give the ego thing too much merit, first off D-Wade seems pretty down to earth unlike the other two. Shaq and Kobe had big egos, they hated each other and they won. These 3 have been good friends since draft day. Like people say in hockey that a true number 1 center is the most important part of a good hockey team, imo a quality point guard is a necessity for a good basketball team and I don't consider Arroyo or Chalmers as quality guards.

I wonder if this thing will even see a second year. With a lockout being almost certain will they even be able to bring the big 3 back, if they can I don't see them being able to get too much support, and they gave up quite a few draft picks to get Bosh and James.

So instead of plain sucking, the Heat have since late November been wildly inconsistent. They'll win 15 and then go on to lose 5 or 6. Right now they are mired in another slump, and a few days ago were completely outclassed by the San Antonio Spurs. Tonight up against the Lakers.

Here's a video of Chris Bosh crying -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxMzNsfDGP4