611 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

Its time to play Who Dat??? Yes fame fortune and wonderful prizes all for just being smart, quick or now and then just plain lucky.

So lets get on with it.........................................

The Flames have at least 3 players who have held the "Ironman" tile during their careers. Who Dat be?

1.________________________ is the present NHL Ironman.
2.________________________ held the Ironman title until December 12, 2007, the Ironman streak was snapped at 542,when
3.________________________ took over from #2. He held the record until it came to an end on March 1, 2008 when he missed the game at Phoenix, giving Ironman status to Andrew Brunette.

Special prize for the first on who gets all 3 correct. We have reserved a special seat for you over on the bandwagon. For 1 road game you will have your own non-transferable reserved seat.

#2 FCF

FCF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • LocationLangley BC

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:15 AM

Its time to play Who Dat??? Yes fame fortune and wonderful prizes all for just being smart, quick or now and then just plain lucky.

So lets get on with it.........................................

The Flames have at least 3 players who have held the "Ironman" tile during their careers. Who Dat be?

1.________________________ is the present NHL Ironman.
2.________________________ held the Ironman title until December 12, 2007, the Ironman streak was snapped at 542,when
3.________________________ took over from #2. He held the record until it came to an end on March 1, 2008 when he missed the game at Phoenix, giving Ironman status to Andrew Brunette.

Special prize for the first on who gets all 3 correct. We have reserved a special seat for you over on the bandwagon. For 1 road game you will have your own non-transferable reserved seat.

J-Bo, Morrison, Sarich.

#3 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

J-Bo, Morrison, Sarich.

WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!!!! Well Done FCF 1st ever Winner of "Who Dat?"

Alright was it too easy? Good job anyway!!! Look for another edition of Who Dat coming soon.

Just follow the pretty Bikini Clad Models over to the bandwagon and check out your reserved seat.

#4 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:48 AM

Alright, I will do one more today. Are we ready to play WHO DAT?????

You are going to have to go back to the age of Flat sticks. Yes Billy there was a time when Hockey Players used sticks with no curves.

We are looking for <insert player name> who was capable of using that flat stick both left handed and right handed.

Hint #1:
This player was first offered a tryout with the New York Rangers in Brooklyn at the age of 15.
Hint #2:
While he never played for the Flames(before the Flames Era)this is the Flames forum, so to tie it in I am sure there are some Flames that would have loved to have played with this guy.
Hint #3:
Hint #2 was not much of a clue so I give you #3. His rookie season he played with Jersey#17 at the age of 18.

#5 FCF

FCF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • LocationLangley BC

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:51 AM

WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!!!! Well Done FCF 1st ever Winner of "Who Dat?"

Alright was it too easy? Good job anyway!!! Look for another edition of Who Dat coming soon.

Just follow the pretty Bikini Clad Models over to the bandwagon and check out your reserved seat.

I would like to thank Jesus Christ as my personal saviour, my wife, my sponsors, the entire Flames organization and DirtyDeeds for making this possible. I am honoured to have earned the substantial prestige that comes with winning the inaugural edition of Who Dat?.

I will henceforth remove myself from the contestant pool and give someone else a shot at future glory.

#6 C_worthy

C_worthy

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

You are going to have to go back to the age of Flat sticks. Yes Billy there was a time when Hockey Players used sticks with no curves.

We are looking for <insert player name> who was capable of using that flat stick both left handed and right handed.

Hint #1:
This player was first offered a tryout with the New York Rangers in Brooklyn at the age of 15.
Hint #2:
While he never played for the Flames(before the Flames Era)this is the Flames forum, so to tie it in I am sure there are some Flames that would have loved to have played with this guy.
Hint #3:
Hint #2 was not much of a clue so I give you #3. His rookie season he played with Jersey#17 at the age of 18.

Gordie Howe used to switch hands, though I don't know if he is who you are looking for here.

#7 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,130 posts
  • LocationNot So Far North

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

Gordie Howe used to switch hands, though I don't know if he is who you are looking for here.

Bingo... B)

It has to be Howe...

#8 hurtin_albertan

hurtin_albertan

East of the Rockies, West of the rest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

Hint #1:
Hint #2:
Hint #3:

Stumped...

#9 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

We have another winner!!!!!! Gordie Howe is correct.

He played his rookie year wearing #17 before switching to his famous and retired #9.

Congrats C_worthy for being the 2nd ever Who Dat? winner. I would like to add a most "Worthy" winner too.

Your prize is also a seat on the bandwagon for todays game. Unfortunately the bikini girls quit as they found the open atmosphere a tad cold.

Look for more Who Dat? coming again soon.........

#10 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Elder Statesman

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,295 posts
  • LocationFriendly Manitoba

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

I don't have to do this to keep my seat I hope. I left the reserved sign on mine.
I didn't even know about it until I saw it on the bandwagon.

#11 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

I don't have to do this to keep my seat I hope. I left the reserved sign on mine.
I didn't even know about it until I saw it on the bandwagon.

Nope just a bit of promotion to fill all the empty seats is all. Your seat is safe.

#12 jamason

jamason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

Not too many snipes about the straight sticks, please. I still use one, and occasionally switch from left to right (but I'm not claiming to be as good as Howe). I learned it from a friend who actually played against Howe as a kid. I mainly like the straight blade because I shoot left but usually play right D, and find it easier to pull the puck off the boards or to backhand it along them with the straight blade. Worst problem is that the sticks can be very hard to find.

#13 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

It's that time again. Yes time to play Who Dat? Todays player should be really easy.

Are we READYYYYY? lets get on with it. Who Dat?

1. This now retired former Flame is one of the rare few to win a Minto Cup, a Memorial Cup and a Stanley Cup.
2. This player also recorded an assist in his last NHL game in the Saddledome.
Who Dat?

Todays winner will be awarded "Big time Honors in this thread. We have a couple of seats open on the bandwagon too for the winner.

#14 senor_incendiarse

senor_incendiarse

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

Gary Roberts

#15 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

Gary Roberts

We have a Winner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the Big time honors :

Congratz to senor_incendiarse 3rd ever and Todays "Who Dat?" winner.

Just follow the Bikini Babes and they will show you where to find your seats.

Stay tuned for another Who DAT coming soon..........

#16 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Elder Statesman

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,295 posts
  • LocationFriendly Manitoba

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

I had to google the Minto Cup as I'd never heard of it. But, I don't follow lacrosse.

Hey Senor, let me pass you a beer.

#17 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:14 AM

I am going to try and do this thread at least once before each game. I will take submissions or post your own, but try to keep it about the Flames so we can keep it in this "Flames Talk" area.

#18 Snowfighter

Snowfighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationHines Creek Alberta

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:30 AM

Love the thread DD, keep up the great threads and optimism!

#19 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

Attention Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it is that time again.

Time to play "Who Dat?"

Todays Who Dat? comes from this website. If you read the articles or watch the vids then you likely ran into todays Who dat?. (that would be your not so subtle hint on where to look if you missed it first time around.)

Soooooooooooooo lets get on with it......... WHO Dat?

This Flame holds the record for fastest goal scored......."on his birthday". Who Dat?

#20 C_worthy

C_worthy

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

Attention Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it is that time again.

Time to play "Who Dat?"

Todays Who Dat? comes from this website. If you read the articles or watch the vids then you likely ran into todays Who dat?. (that would be your not so subtle hint on where to look if you missed it first time around.)

Soooooooooooooo lets get on with it......... WHO Dat?

This Flame holds the record for fastest goal scored......."on his birthday". Who Dat?

Jackman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users