The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyDeeds

Anyone Taking In The Heat Game Tomorrow ?

Think they would let us use some of those Hitmen tickets for the Heat game? If so, I would much rather watch the Heat.

Think they would let us use some of those Hitmen tickets for the Heat game? If so, I would much rather watch the Heat.

Because the building is Heat-ed? I don't like the looks of the forecast change, brrrrrr. I was going to get tickets for the Heat as a backup but I didn't think my kid (7 years old) would be up for 2 full length hockey games in one weekend.

I be there tonight. Really looking forward to doing my own scouting on our prospects! Having trouble finding line combinations and defense pairings though, any have this info?

I've found the line-up from there most recent game and the jersey numbers are on the website, but would like some more info.

Got some info, tonights probable lineup:

Stone"A"-Menisz-Kotalik

Cunning-Keith"A"-Patterson

Laing"C"-Bouma-Rheault

Meyer-Cameron-Armstrong

Brodie-Piskula

Baldwin-Seabrook

Breen-Pelech

Irving

Jean-Philippe Lamoureux

Healthy screatches: MacMillan and Grantham

Injuries: Bancks, Chucko, Meyers, Wahl, Negrin and Keetley

So did either of you two see enough to give us your scouting reports? Anyone stand out? Anyone surprise or disappoint?

Irving looked the best I've ever seen him - not in the sense that he was on fire, but mechanically. He was very poised and always square to the shooter - even on cross-ice passes. I thought he looked NHL-ready.

Stone really impressed me - I thought he was probably their best forward. I am a fan and I think he should probably be on the big club.

Brodie was easily the best player on the ice. He is going to be a quality NHLer, but I have no problem with him being down there getting icetime for now.

I was really disappointed with Pelech. He has all of the tools but I just don't think he makes good decisions. I am wondering if he will ever make it.

Oh - I also thought Seabrook looked impressive. He was more poised than I expected.

Nemisz looked pretty good. It wasn't a game with much quality offense at either end, but Nemisz still stood out a bit.

Irving looked the best I've ever seen him - not in the sense that he was on fire, but mechanically. He was very poised and always square to the shooter - even on cross-ice passes. I thought he looked NHL-ready.

Stone really impressed me - I thought he was probably their best forward. I am a fan and I think he should probably be on the big club.

Brodie was easily the best player on the ice. He is going to be a quality NHLer, but I have no problem with him being down there getting icetime for now.

I was really disappointed with Pelech. He has all of the tools but I just don't think he makes good decisions. I am wondering if he will ever make it.

WOW, we were deffinately watching the same game, I could have typed that myself. Completely agree.

I was so happy to see Brodie playing well. I have to admit I was really concerned that his pre-season emergance was just a fluke, but that doesn't seem to be that case.

Is it just me or has Pelech really taken a few steps backwards? As I recall Pardy norrowly beat him out for the 7'th dman duties a few season ago. And he even played a few games with the Flames when we had injury/cap issues at the end of 08'? I dunno if he was nervous or what, but it wasn't pretty. Pelech was a healthy stratch for the Heat the very next game...

Oh - I also thought Seabrook looked impressive. He was more poised than I expected.

Nemisz looked pretty good. It wasn't a game with much quality offense at either end, but Nemisz still stood out a bit.

Seabrook did make an impression, skated well, got rid of the puck when he needed to as opposed to Pelech who looked paralyzed when the puck was on his stick in the defensive zone at times.

Watched Breen carefully, as Playfair has said he's gonna be an NHL'er. Seemed okay, one thing I noticed is his legs, for a really big and tall guy, he's got chicken stick legs. But I guess he's only 21, still might fill out that frame.

The only point that I will dissagree with you on is Nemisz. He didn't do anything to impress me during the game. Kind of floated around and took really short shifts...I dunno, but he just didn't stand out to me like Brodie or Irving.

I thought Meyer, Armstrong, and Bouma all had good, solid games.

Also, me and my buddy won the 50/50 that night hahaha!

Nice! Congrats. I guess now I can say "if not me, I'm glad it was you'??? :)

As for Breen - glad you mentioned him. I know almost nothing about him and wasn't paying attention to him, yet he continually caught my eye. I thought he played very well and I can see why Playfair would have said that about him. Having no prior conceptions or knowledge of either him or Pelech and just judging from that one game, I would rank him way higher.

As for Nemisz, I agree that he didn't really do anything impressive, I just thought he looks like he has better tools that the players around him, that the ability to impress was evident, more than him actually impressing, if that makes sense.

I blogged my entire thoughts about the game and went player by player. Was a little long for the boards.

I agree 100% on Nemisz. The foundation is there which IMO is what you really want to see for a first year pro. YOu don't worry about his positioning, defnesive play, or decision making, so one the quickeness and comfort get there the offence will to. Nemisz is likely never going to be a very impressive offensive player, but he should continue to improve.

I liked Breens game but woudlnt' say I was overly impressed with it. IMO, I think he stood out more because of how everyone else played around him rather than his actual skill set.