Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hurtin_albertan

The Golf Thread

158 posts in this topic

I shot 101 at Redwood. My best round of the season, sadly.

I got a new R11 driver and can't hit it consistently for whatever reason. I had a friend video record me several times with an iphone and i think it has done wonders understanding my mistakes. I've got woobly legs and swing too fast. Anybody who is struggling with their swing and doesn't know what's going on, i recommend just get somebody to record your swing and then you can analyze it yourself.

Thanks The_people, I will keep an eye out for the sale.

Golf Town has two major sales each year. One is Demo Sale during the first week of November and the other is Boxing Day sale. If you don't mind older model of clubs, then that's the best times to buy them.

I played Sirocco. Give it an 8/10. http://www.sirocco.ca/

I also played Delacour. Giving it a 6.5/10. http://www.thecanalatdelacour.com/

Sirocco is a hidden gem just South of Calgary. Rated by TSN as the 11th best public course in Alberta. It didn't disappoint. It's set along the foothills with creeks that meander throughout the course and has some signature holes that will keep you wanting to go back. The course is maintained very well and greens were immensely challenging. As a matter of fact, i would rate the difficulty of the greens as 9/10. Any more difficult and the greens would be simply unputtable for amateurs and beginners. They run fast and almost anything that's 12 feet out will have a chance to break twice. Totally and completely recommended.

Delacour is a solid course that's challenging and does away with all the scenic gimmick that's become so popular with the mountain courses. It's a good old fashion solid links course that's just minutes outside North East Calgary. My main complaint is that the greens were pretty small on some of the holes, much like city courses. Also, some of the holes played similar to its last but they did well introducing variety with hazards here and there. Fairways are narrow and you were punished with tall grass that quite literally devours your golf ball once it goes in there. It's not on my "totally recommended list" but i would recommend it over a city course because it's close enough to town that it justifies going there instead.

I played Springbank Links. Front-9 rated 9/10. Back-9 rated 6.5/10

http://www.springbanklinks.com/

If i'm not mistaken, this course was re-designed by Stephen Ames. The front-9 is breath taking with its scenery, challenging with its course design, and pushes golfers to the extreme with countless ravines and elevation changes. I just wished the back-9 was made the same way. The back-9 was kind of "meh" that plays like any other regular course. The front-9 however, is truly something very special. Unforgettable #4, #6, and #7 holes, especially #7 highlight the spectacular imagination of the course designer. I think #7 is the most imaginative hole i've ever played in golf, period. $94.50 including carts with GPS. Only minutes outside Calgary. Totally recommended.

As enjoyable a place toplay as anywhere I have ever been. IMO Lorette is a bit harder than Kidd - well, I score better on Kidd anyway.

The fairways are nice and wide with pretty big greens. If I were to suggest one thing on how to play them, it would be that many tee boxes set you up to hit right at the fairway bunkers - make sure you go out around them, there is always room to do so. Also, don't let a bad hole get you down, you will find that you have some very good holes as well and birdies are out there, so stay positive.

Oh, and the wind is usually blowing, even when you are int he trees and can't feel it, so keep mind of that.

Most importantly, remember to keep enjoying the scenery. K-country is flat out awesome.

Most golf courses reward you with fairways when you hit a straight drive and penalize you with bunkers to the left and right when you miss. At Kananaskis though, especially Lorette, they put their bunkers 180 to 225 yards dead center of the fairway from the blue pins. If your drives can't carry 230 yards, they provide a little escape route to the side of the bunker but you mostly have to lay up, or attack hard.

Thanks for the heads up guys, the course played exactly as you said. Especially the bunkers, I don't know if I've played a course with that much sand before. I hit 5 bunkers, 3 of them from the tees. I'm not a long hitter so lots of the fairway bunkers were in play for me.

One big complaint I have is that the sand, although bright and light, contains a lot of small pebbles, which unavoidably end up all over the greens. I blasted out of a greenside bunker then had a 15 foot putt for par, which ended up hitting a pebble I had missed in my 10 minute clean up of the green, popping straight up in the air, and going 90 degrees the other way. Sand on the green is one thing, but rocks? Not cool.

The other prominent factor was the weather, and it wasn't subtle. We played the front 9 in sun but probably a constant 60 km/hr wind. It was so bad we couldn't hear each other speaking without having to yell a bit, and had to ditch our hats. Finally the wind calmed down by the 10th hole, but the back 9 was played in a combination of sun, drizzle, rain, calm wind, gusty wind, warm, and cold. It was confusing...seemed to change about every 10 minutes.

All told I shot a 97, which isn't great for me but understandable considering the elements. Played the windy front 9 in 52, and the calmer back 9 in 45, so the howling wind played a big part. Oh and I did have one birdie on about a 50 yard pitch that found the hole. Decent course, great scenery. The sheer cliff face of Mount Kidd towers over you seemingly every hole. I'd like to go back in the summer for an early morning round, see if I can't luck out with some calm weather. Overall I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

Spent last weekend in Phoenix, played a couple of rounds in 100 degree heat. If anybody gets down there here's a quick review of the courses I played:

ASU Karsten (Tempe, AZ): Website Seasonal rates, I paid $70 with cart.

This course is located on the Arizona State University campus. I think it's meant to be a practice course for the university golf teams, but anybody is welcome. It's a fairly mediocre track, no really incredible holes in terms of design or scenery, though having the huge Sun Devils Stadium in the background on a few holes was pretty cool. Given its location near Phoenix's main international airport (Sky Harbour) it's incredibly noisy with planes approaching the runways almost constantly. There's also a military base nearby so while it was cool to see jets and choppers, it was also noisy and distracting. There are a number of busy roads in the vicinity including two freeways, so on top of the air traffic there was also a lot of road noise to deal with.

To summarize, not a spectacular looking course that isn't very difficult and feels like it plays amidst an urban jungle, but is priced as though it were an above average semi-private course. Overall I'd rate it 4/10, not recommended. With the amount of courses in Phoenix I'm positive you could find a better place to spend the money. They also failed to mention that your last ball is to be hit at 5:30pm this time of year due to seeding, which was quite annoying given that we teed off at 3:00pm and had just hit our first shots on the 12th hole when the marshall came out to stop play. Had we known we would have paid for 9 or nothing. Paid for 18, didn't finish 12. I felt very ripped off.

Las Sendas (Mesa, AZ): Website Again very seasonally dependant rates, I paid $50 with cart.

Night and day difference from the above course in terms of privacy and design. It was extremely quiet which was nice, and there are some incredible homes lining most of the course. Lots of scenic holes and played pretty difficult due to its setting in the desert hills. Also nice was the choice of 6 tee boxes, which allows literally anybody to play there. The tips have a 144 slope rating, which is about as high as I've ever seen. For the money and how nice the course was I'd give it a 10/10 and totally recommend playing it if you're ever in the area. A comparable track in or around Calgary would be well over $100.

Got very lucky on Boxing day. I know the technology is a few years old now, but I was able to pick up a set http://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/irons/dfycombomen/ for $250 at Golftown. I tried them out in the store and was hitting them straighter than I was with the http://shop.callawaygolf.com/irons-diablo-edge/irons-diablo-edge,default,pd.html priced over $550. I was also getting better distance. According to the simulator I was hitting a 7 iron almost dead straight between 170 and 180 yards consistently (10 yards further than the Callaways). Looking forward to playing them on a course in the spring. Benefits of living in small town Saskatchewan is that an annual pass for the local course is only $30.

Winter is winding down, spring is arriving. Some people have already been on the course here (without Flags, but at least hitting). Should be going out in the next couple of weeks. Really looking forward to it!!

Benefits of living in small town Saskatchewan is that an annual pass for the local course is only $30.

What are some popular courses in Saskatchewan? Any course famous?

There are some fairly good courses around Saskatchewan. Dakota Dunes is just south of Saskatoon. Kenosee and Whitebear are about 2 hours southeast of Regina and within half an hour of my town. Elk Ridge Resort is said to have a very nice course.

http://www.saskgolfer.com/coursereviews.php

Just a short little blurb about a few of the courses in the province.

Dakota Dunes is now a host course for the Canadian Professional Golfers Tour.

There are some fairly good courses around Saskatchewan. Dakota Dunes is just south of Saskatoon. Kenosee and Whitebear are about 2 hours southeast of Regina and within half an hour of my town. Elk Ridge Resort is said to have a very nice course.

http://www.saskgolfer.com/coursereviews.php

Just a short little blurb about a few of the courses in the province.

Dakota Dunes is now a host course for the Canadian Professional Golfers Tour.

Thanks man. Will look into Saskatchewan for golf if i can round up a few friends to go. Calgary public courses are tentatively scheduled to open March 30 with temporary greens. Time to get myself to the range. I haven't swung a club all off-season.

Speaking of courses in Saskatchewan, I've only played Dakota Dunes and it was spectacular. Highly recommend.

As for this season, I got it started fairly early with a round at Boulder Creek in Langdon last Saturday. The course was in fairly mediocre shape, as was my game (shot 95), both of which were expected given the date. Playing again this Saturday at D'Arcy Ranch in Okotoks, one of my favorite local courses.

I shall let you all know how it turns out, happy golf season!

Speaking of courses in Saskatchewan, I've only played Dakota Dunes and it was spectacular. Highly recommend.

As for this season, I got it started fairly early with a round at Boulder Creek in Langdon last Saturday. The course was in fairly mediocre shape, as was my game (shot 95), both of which were expected given the date. Playing again this Saturday at D'Arcy Ranch in Okotoks, one of my favorite local courses.

I shall let you all know how it turns out, happy golf season!

Nice! Boulder Creek is such a perfect course for a "first round of the season".

I played Radium Springs course on April 4 (long weekend) for my first round. Snow was visible in the out of bounds area and the fairways were generally damp and wet... the kind that when you hit a 9-iron on the approach, water can splash up onto your face. They also irrigated the greens so there was tiny holes everywhere when putting. Overall, the course just wasn't ready yet. I shot a 111 (which probably translates into a 101 at Boulder Creek!) It was a very challenging course to begin with and then you factor in the conditions that made it difficult to score well.

That said, even under those conditions, Radium Springs is truly a beautiful course. Spectacular scenery throughout the course. Challenging holes that make sense. They probably even raise a couple herds of mountain sheep on purpose to roam freely around the 18 holes which adds to the golfer's overall experience. Think Kananaskis Kidd and Lorette.

I'm giving Radium Springs a 8.5/10 and totally recommended. Approx. 3 Hour drive from Calgary. They say in the Invermere area, Fairmount, Copperpoint, and Greywolf are even better than Radium Springs. Gotta do a weekend trip out there to play them all. LOTs of great deals out there right now. 3 day 3 round golf packages with powercart that includes accomodations goes for about $350. We're talking about several Score Golf Top 100 golf courses in Canada, in the same golf package.

http://scoregolf.com/rankings/top100/top-100-golf-courses-in-canada-2010/full-list

Nice! Boulder Creek is such a perfect course for a "first round of the season".

I played Radium Springs course on April 4 (long weekend) for my first round. Snow was visible in the out of bounds area and the fairways were generally damp and wet... the kind that when you hit a 9-iron on the approach, water can splash up onto your face. They also irrigated the greens so there was tiny holes everywhere when putting. Overall, the course just wasn't ready yet. I shot a 111 (which probably translates into a 101 at Boulder Creek!) It was a very challenging course to begin with and then you factor in the conditions that made it difficult to score well.

That said, even under those conditions, Radium Springs is truly a beautiful course. Spectacular scenery throughout the course. Challenging holes that make sense. They probably even raise a couple herds of mountain sheep on purpose to roam freely around the 18 holes which adds to the golfer's overall experience. Think Kananaskis Kidd and Lorette.

I'm giving Radium Springs a 8.5/10 and totally recommended. Approx. 3 Hour drive from Calgary. They say in the Invermere area, Fairmount, Copperpoint, and Greywolf are even better than Radium Springs. Gotta do a weekend trip out there to play them all. LOTs of great deals out there right now. 3 day 3 round golf packages with powercart that includes accomodations goes for about $350. We're talking about several Score Golf Top 100 golf courses in Canada, in the same golf package.

http://scoregolf.com...-2010/full-list

Wow, I am shocked that Radium was open that early, no doubt it wasn’t ready. I agree though, it’s a great course. I have a recreation property in the area and so have played all of the nearby courses, and Radium is right up there on my list (Springs course, not so much the Resort course). However I do have to say that it’s not quite at the level that they charge on weekends & holidays ($110, which includes Fridays). For that amount you’re better off heading up to nearby Panorama and playing Greywolf, which is 10x the course that Radium will ever be ($130 weekends/holidays incl. Fridays). I think Radium really takes advantage of being one of the better courses that is both immediately accessible and surrounded by vacation condos by overcharging the droves of Calgarian weekend warriors, because although it is a good course, $110 is getting into premium course rates and it’s just not at that level. Having said all of that Radium is fairly priced during the week ($80), and even moreso after 2 pm ($50 weekday, $65 weekend). When we head out for a weekend we leave Calgary by noon on Friday, get to the course by 3-4 pm, and literally have the place to ourselves for a good price. The evening is usually calm, it’s serenely quiet, and just a spectacular way to start a weekend.

In terms of the courses in the area:

· Greywolf: 10/10 Simply spectacular.

· Radium Springs: 8/10 Just don’t get gouged on the weekends.

· Eagle Ranch: 8/10

· Fairmont: 7/10

· Copper Point: 7/10

· Radium Resort: 5/10

On to my latest round at Darcy Ranch; it was a relatively ugly 101. I was good with the driver and around/on the greens, but everything long to mid iron related was brutal. I’m playing a new set of clubs this season and so far I have no idea how to hit the 3W, 3 and 4 hybrids, and the 5 iron. Every time I hit any of those clubs it was a disaster, and I rely on those distances being that I’m not super long off the tee. Suffice to say I need serious range time.

Wow, I am shocked that Radium was open that early, no doubt it wasn’t ready. I agree though, it’s a great course. I have a recreation property in the area and so have played all of the nearby courses, and Radium is right up there on my list (Springs course, not so much the Resort course). However I do have to say that it’s not quite at the level that they charge on weekends & holidays ($110, which includes Fridays). For that amount you’re better off heading up to nearby Panorama and playing Greywolf, which is 10x the course that Radium will ever be ($130 weekends/holidays incl. Fridays). I think Radium really takes advantage of being one of the better courses that is both immediately accessible and surrounded by vacation condos by overcharging the droves of Calgarian weekend warriors, because although it is a good course, $110 is getting into premium course rates and it’s just not at that level. Having said all of that Radium is fairly priced during the week ($80), and even moreso after 2 pm ($50 weekday, $65 weekend). When we head out for a weekend we leave Calgary by noon on Friday, get to the course by 3-4 pm, and literally have the place to ourselves for a good price. The evening is usually calm, it’s serenely quiet, and just a spectacular way to start a weekend.

In terms of the courses in the area:

· Greywolf: 10/10 Simply spectacular.

· Radium Springs: 8/10 Just don’t get gouged on the weekends.

· Eagle Ranch: 8/10

· Fairmont: 7/10

· Copper Point: 7/10

· Radium Resort: 5/10

On to my latest round at Darcy Ranch; it was a relatively ugly 101. I was good with the driver and around/on the greens, but everything long to mid iron related was brutal. I’m playing a new set of clubs this season and so far I have no idea how to hit the 3W, 3 and 4 hybrids, and the 5 iron. Every time I hit any of those clubs it was a disaster, and I rely on those distances being that I’m not super long off the tee. Suffice to say I need serious range time.

Which fairmont course are you talking mountainside or riverside? I have played both multiple times and i find riverside to be the better course, nearly on par with eagle ranch. Although mountainside has probably got some of the nicest scenery of any the courses i've played. Beautiful view of the valley.

As far as saskatchewan goes im sure the last two years were some of the worst. But all the rain made it a swamp. More bugs then vietnam and more ruts then the roads.

Ok, so I was in Calgary a during stampede and got to play a round of golf with my dad (who hasn't played in a few years) at the Golf Canada Centre par 3 course. I must say that I was slightly disappointed with the course by this time in the season especially on a course meant specifically to train up and coming players. The sand traps were not to be played as 1 was empty and under construction while others were filled with little shrubs. A few of the Tee boxes were also closed for repair as they were in horrendous shape. Of course it didn't affect how poorly I played especially in the early going, but it was still fun. Are most of the courses in Calgary in rough condition right now or are they mostly good?

Ok, so I was in Calgary a during stampede and got to play a round of golf with my dad (who hasn't played in a few years) at the Golf Canada Centre par 3 course. I must say that I was slightly disappointed with the course by this time in the season especially on a course meant specifically to train up and coming players. The sand traps were not to be played as 1 was empty and under construction while others were filled with little shrubs. A few of the Tee boxes were also closed for repair as they were in horrendous shape. Of course it didn't affect how poorly I played especially in the early going, but it was still fun. Are most of the courses in Calgary in rough condition right now or are they mostly good?

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience in Calgary.

Delacour has been very good this year. Flawlessly maintained greens and fairways.

Sirocco is doing okay. Recommended.

Kananaskis Mt Kidd is in terrible shape. yellow patches on fairways. A couple of their greens are in embarrassing shape. Not recommended this season. They've been giving out $10 gift vouchers in apology.

Thanks for the info. It wasn't a BAD experience per se, it was just the course condition. My dad and I were contemplating Highland, McCall Lake par 3 and GCC due to proximity. We were also limited a little for time so we chose the shortest of the 3 being GCC. We had played GCC a few times in the past with no issues at all. It was just disheartening to see it in such poor condition.

My desire to learn and dominate golf has hit a slight logistical jam as a result of a little bit of ignorance.

I didn't realize a round of golf takes typically 4-5 hrs on a regular course... One of those things i never really inquired about or had heard people talk about (or registered if they did) since i never really cared...

We've been having some fun on pitch n putts which we breeze thru 9 holes in 45 minutes... didn't think that extrapolated to 4-5 hrs for 18 real holes..

Anyways... now in retrospect.. all those old tv golf jokes about how time consuming and disruptive it could be for relationships etc kinda hit home a bit..

How do people do it on the regular?

I'm a M-F 9-5er... and have a young family... i could swing a weekend here or there, but my initial vision of hitting a course more frequently kinda took a hit...

Executive courses? 9 holes? i guess those would be the best options for bang for your buck/clock?

For me so far it's been easy and noninvasive:

30-40 min trips to the range to hit a bucket...

1 hr trip to a local 9-hole pitch n putt..

But i wanna take it to the next stage...

What do avid golfers do with the time commitment issue?

Anyways... now in retrospect.. all those old tv golf jokes about how time consuming and disruptive it could be for relationships etc kinda hit home a bit..

Funny, I need 4-5 hours away from my GF to save our relationship...

But yea, while golf is a great way to hang with the boys, you don't necessarily have to exclude your wife and kids from it. Assuming your GF/wife likes golf too, she could certainly join you golfing. It can be something the two of you do together as opposed to you two losing time together. Golf trips away from home can be done together as well.

Funny, I need 4-5 hours away from my GF to save our relationship...

:lol: so true.

But yea, while golf is a great way to hang with the boys, you don't necessarily have to exclude your wife and kids from it. Assuming your GF/wife likes golf too, she could certainly join you golfing. It can be something the two of you do together as opposed to you two losing time together. Golf trips away from home can be done together as well.

Yup... that's the step i've set up since... i've asked the wifey if she would like to come to the range. She's interested, so thats a pro.

Another pro... our 'bff couple'.. his wife (her good friend) has played and loves the sport. So maybe that could piggyback her acceptance of the time commitment.

The stress point is still the time consuming nature on the weekends leaving wife and kid at home... (goes to your initial point).

I guess my best chance to make it happen would be to be one of those guys hitting the course at 8-9am so i'm 'available' for the rest of the day..

Go early and be done early afternoon.

Play 9 holes if thats all you can fit it, I do it lots but find myself wanting more after only 9.

Play twilight if you can. Summer time I find if you tee off by about 530 you should be able to finish all 18 by dark. Twilight is also around half price depending where you go.

Take on some sunday "overtime" at work. But if you get caught it's your chicken tikka masala not mine.

:lol: so true.

Yup... that's the step i've set up since... i've asked the wifey if she would like to come to the range. She's interested, so thats a pro.

Another pro... our 'bff couple'.. his wife (her good friend) has played and loves the sport. So maybe that could piggyback her acceptance of the time commitment.

The stress point is still the time consuming nature on the weekends leaving wife and kid at home... (goes to your initial point).

I guess my best chance to make it happen would be to be one of those guys hitting the course at 8-9am so i'm 'available' for the rest of the day..

I find it makes a world of difference for girls to have other girls golf with them so they don't feel otherwise intimidated with a group of guys. They also have someone to tee off from the red tees with them. If she can get a 4-some with just her friends, then she can also be the one who is away for 4-5 hours each time... Bonus!

Not sure how to handle the kids though.

My desire to learn and dominate golf has hit a slight logistical jam as a result of a little bit of ignorance.

I didn't realize a round of golf takes typically 4-5 hrs on a regular course... One of those things i never really inquired about or had heard people talk about (or registered if they did) since i never really cared...

We've been having some fun on pitch n putts which we breeze thru 9 holes in 45 minutes... didn't think that extrapolated to 4-5 hrs for 18 real holes..

I'm a M-F 9-5er... and have a young family... i could swing a weekend here or there, but my initial vision of hitting a course more frequently kinda took a hit...

Executive courses? 9 holes? i guess those would be the best options for bang for your buck/clock?

For me so far it's been easy and noninvasive:

30-40 min trips to the range to hit a bucket...

1 hr trip to a local 9-hole pitch n putt..

But i wanna take it to the next stage...

What do avid golfers do with the time commitment issue?

I find the mornings are really the best time to go golfing if you don't want to disrupt you family. You can go between 6am and 9am and get a round in well before noon. In fact, if you get out on a course before about 7:30am, your rounds should only take about 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 hours. This is because you don't have to wait for people at every hole. So if you go at 7:00 you should be done by 10:30 to 11:00.

Of course, going golfing that early in the morning isn't for everyone. For me, golf is one of the few voluntary activities that will get me up in that early in the morning on my own volition.

How do people structure their driving range sessions?

I do think right now 80-100 balls is my limit right now... before fatigue sets in...

Hit 90 last night and had a blast... best session yet in terms of consistency.

And it was because of how i structure the club order....

We started out blasting the driver for warmup... just spraying it embarrassingly around the range. So i after about 10-15 of those i said screw it... and grabbed the Pwedge aiming at closer targets... we got pretty good at that.. and then just moved up thru the bag...

PW - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4h - 3w and then finished off with the driver...

The results were awesome... tonnes of shots down middle.. a lot spray as well.. but working up thru clubs made a huge difference..

I finished with 8 drives... and 6 outta 8 were past 200 right down the middle! definitely the best session with the driver I've had.... which i attributed to working up to the club..

A world of difference from the initial ridiculous 'warmup' driver session.

Anyways... how do you guys structure your club selection at the range?

work all the way thru short to long? long to short?

every other club?

Or do you 'play holes': go driver-mid iron-wedge?

random?

=========

Edit... i tried to gauge approximate distance i have with each club while moving thru the bag for the first time ( with an easy regular swing - i.e. not killing it)...

Approx:

PW - under 100

9 - 100ish

8 - 110ish

7 - 125ish

6 - 140ish

5 - 150ish

(4h, 3w - 150-200ish - all over the place still)

Driver - I kept losing if it crossed 200 (night time)... 200-220 ish would be a safe bet.. i 'hope' it goes further with a 100% swing.

Edit2:

I googled what is typical distances for clubs and found this:

http://www.leaderboard.com/LOFTINFO.htm

Here are nominal distances for each of the common irons when struck with a full swing by a reasonably proficient 40-year-old male golfer of average height into still wind. These loft angles were recorded in 2000. More more recent values, see the addendum at the bottom of this page.

4-Iron - 170

5-Iron - 160

6-Iron - 150

7-Iron - 140

8-Iron - 130

9-Iron - 120

Pitching Wedge - 105

Gap Wedge - 90

Sand Wedge - 70

Lob Wedge - 40

So now i feel pretty good about where i am starting out at...

PGA Tour players:

These are the ranges for the average hitters on the PGA Tour.

4-Iron 210-220

5-Iron 195-205

6-Iron 180-190

7-Iron 165-180

8-Iron 150-170

9-Iron 140-155

Pitching Wedge 130-135

Gap Wedge (not used)

Sand Wedge 115-120

Lob Wedge 75-95

I never use a driver cold. I warm up by starting with a 7-iron. After a few, i switch over to my wedges. Then, I work my way up the clubs until i'm pretty comfortable with any club out of the bag. Usually, that takes me to about 80 balls. I'll drive about 10, then switch back to wedges again to finish.

Right now, i'm getting roughly these distances:

Driver = 225-ish

3-hybrid = 180 to 200

4-hybrid = 175 to 185

5-iron = 170 to 180

6-iron = 165 to 175

7-iron = 155 to 160-ish

8-iron = 145-ish

9-iron = 125-ish

p-wedge = 105 to 115

52-wedge = 85 to 100

56-wedge = 70 to 90

60-wedge = 75 or less

My longest drive of all time is roughly 315 yards at Sundre. I absolutely smoked it with a Ping G15 about 3 years ago when the G15 just came out.

I drove 300 yards one other time at Silverwing about 2 years ago but that was late season after a seasonally dry week where the ground was hard as rock. I hit a low line drive, got about 190 carry, then another 100+ yards roll due to the hardness of the ground (i don't even say fairway because the fairway was almost literally hard as concrete). Ball rolls forever.