The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyDeeds

Violence And Fans

Not sure this subject should be buried off in this area but lets see.

There was a time I wore my Flames Jersey to Oilers game. I never had the accidental or customary beer spilled on me, and only saw a few glares that would be expected when you invade a rivals territory wearing your teams colors.

I have seen for years and years now the British Soccer Fans travel all over and make fools of themselves and their team for rioting and fighting. South America has a long history with riots in stadiums too.

Most of this is somewhere other than here and not us right? Well we do have the Vancouver riots from some very disappointed so called very poor fans.

Now in Football I read this:

TWO VICTIMS RECOVERING AFTER ATTACKS AT 49ERS-RAIDERS GAME

Police say violence broke out among fans during and after a pre-season game between the rival San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders on Saturday.

After the game, a 24-year-old man was shot several times in the stomach in a stadium parking lot and hospitalized in critical condition. He was one of those upgraded to fair condition.

The other was a 26-year-old man who was beaten unconscious in a stadium restroom. He initially was hospitalized in serious condition.

First off: "Police have not made any arrests." Huh? Check out vid and last thing is a guy in fight carted away in handcuffs.

In all fairness we are not sure from the way this was reported that it is even our fans against your fans other than a small blurb about rival fans.

Is it time to rethink Pro Sports? In N. America? Address this issue? Isolated incidents or only occasional and nothing to be worried about? Can we even do anything about this type of Fan thinking?

Total Pro Sports has an article "9 most insane fan fights" that includes clips.

Included is a Canuck fan firing shots @ a Duck fan from the above row & using the railing for leverage. They have a note this will probably be the only time you'll see someone in a Sedin jersey throwing punches. :)

Total Pro Sports has an article "9 most insane fan fights" that includes clips.

Included is a Canuck fan firing shots @ a Duck fan from the above row & using the railing for leverage. They have a note this will probably be the only time you'll see someone in a Sedin jersey throwing punches. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZhW-lTPzDc

:P

This is honestly one of the sadest aspects of Pro Sports IMO. The pure sports fans are being overpowerd by the fanatics, many of which could not care about the game or the final. Its become a social event to attend games or wear jerseys and in both cases the people buying the tickets or the jerseys are not invested in the outcome. I'm not picking on Rider fans this is just my best example, but every Stamps-Riders game I get into a verbal altercation with fans many of which do not wear jerseys and do not chear but the minute you say something negative about their team they are ready to go at it. I've had friends attend games for the sole purpose of trying to rile up Rider fans as well and its honestly embarassing to attend the game with them.

It's really very sad for a sports purest like myself. When I attended a Red Sox - jays game, I didn't even wear my Jays hat becuase I was too worried that I may be the one that just gets "that fan" and ruins the entire experience I paid great money for and it really bothered me that I should even have a thought like that. Sports are sports, players are players and fans are fans but unfortunately that is not the equation that every buys into. I wouldn't be suprised if they people in that fight coudln't name 5 players on either team, thats always the way it seems to work.

Stamps fan beaten up in Vancouver

1. Is this an increasing violence in Vancouver mentality?

2. I wear a Stamps Jacket and have a Stamps decal on my pickup rear window. Should I get rid of them in fear of being attacked? Should I put them away for when I travel around the province doing my work?

3. When do Fans stop being Fans and become criminals. Is it really okay in some peoples mind to show pride in your team by hurting others or damaging property? Explain or justify it to me please I don't understand it one bit.

Crap like this really burns me up.

Stamps fan beaten up in Vancouver

1. Is this an increasing violence in Vancouver mentality?

2. I wear a Stamps Jacket and have a Stamps decal on my pickup rear window. Should I get rid of them in fear of being attacked? Should I put them away for when I travel around the province doing my work?

3. When do Fans stop being Fans and become criminals. Is it really okay in some peoples mind to show pride in your team by hurting others or damaging property? Explain or justify it to me please I don't understand it one bit.

Crap like this really burns me up.

To #3, nothing in the story indicated it was a fan-related attack. The guys were not wearing Lions gear of any sports gear, they were all dressed in dark clothing according to the story. To me, this is about a couple guys being beat up by some thugs. Nothing more to it than that.

Not sure this subject should be buried off in this area but lets see.

There was a time I wore my Flames Jersey to Oilers game. I never had the accidental or customary beer spilled on me, and only saw a few glares that would be expected when you invade a rivals territory wearing your teams colors.

I have seen for years and years now the British Soccer Fans travel all over and make fools of themselves and their team for rioting and fighting. South America has a long history with riots in stadiums too.

Most of this is somewhere other than here and not us right? Well we do have the Vancouver riots from some very disappointed so called very poor fans.

Now in Football I read this:

TWO VICTIMS RECOVERING AFTER ATTACKS AT 49ERS-RAIDERS GAME

First off: "Police have not made any arrests." Huh? Check out vid and last thing is a guy in fight carted away in handcuffs.

In all fairness we are not sure from the way this was reported that it is even our fans against your fans other than a small blurb about rival fans.

Is it time to rethink Pro Sports? In N. America? Address this issue? Isolated incidents or only occasional and nothing to be worried about? Can we even do anything about this type of Fan thinking?

soccer fans riot because their game is boring to watch :lol: :lol: :lol: trololololo