The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ring-a-ding-dong-dandy

Heat 2011/12 Season

Well Abbotsford and Leland Irving are off to a great start. The Heat won their season opener on Friday with a 2-1 win,they followed that up with a 1-0 win Saturday night. Both wins were over the Lake Erie Monsters, which are the Avalanche's AHL affiliate. We are currently 1 of 4 teams off to a 2-0-0 start.

Currently Irving's stat line is 2-0-0 with a 0.50 GAA and .976 SV%

The team's leading point getter is Nemisz who has 1 goal and 1 assist. Byron and Sylvester have the other 2 Heat goals so far this season and Desbiens, Laing, Mikkelson, Walter and Wilson have all tallied 1 assist each.

Byron leads the team with 11 PIM and Nemisz leads the team with 7 shots on goals.

Prospects Mitch Wahl, John Negrin & Carter Bancks have yet to dress

I liked your post a lot Ring until I saw John Negrin's name :( But, if other players give them a better chance to win, then who am I to judge?

None of the point-getters is surprising.

Man, Irving's statline looks AMAZING!!!!(2 games lol I know) Maybe he'll get an NHL game or three this year? Just to show that the organization wants him to move up the ladder?

I have been a bit surprised to see Wahl and Negrin sat in favor of players like Patterson and Piskula. Hopefully these guys start getting some ice time soon.

I liked your post a lot Ring until I saw John Negrin's name :( But, if other players give them a better chance to win, then who am I to judge?

None of the point-getters is surprising.

Man, Irving's statline looks AMAZING!!!!(2 games lol I know) Maybe he'll get an NHL game or three this year? Just to show that the organization wants him to move up the ladder?

i am wondering if they got injured after being sent down. I don't know their status, but I know Bancks is hurt.

I have been a bit surprised to see Wahl and Negrin sat in favor of players like Patterson and Piskula. Hopefully these guys start getting some ice time soon.

I thought Patterson looked quite a bit better then Wahl in the prospects tournament so I'm not too surprised by it, but I am still really pulling for Wahl I thought he would be a lot closer to the NHL at this point then he is. I kind of wonder if he I still getting caught up or dealing with post concussion symptoms.

I was kind of worried with all the defensive depth Feaster brought in this summer that Negrin might get bumped a bit. I wasn't all that impressed with Negrin at the prospects tournament though, I thought he skated really well and played positionally very well, but his decision making with the puck was horrible.

It will be interesting to see who gets bumped from their lineup once Bancks is back, he looked pretty good in camp.

It will be interesting to see who gets bumped from their lineup once Bancks is back, he looked pretty good in camp.

I'm thinking MacMillan. I'm not even sure why he's on the current roster in the first place.

Heat won 4-3 last night against Rockford.

Nemisz had a goal and a assist, he now has 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games; both goals have been game winners

Irving now has a 1.33 GAA and .944sv%. He is 5th in the AHL in GAA and 8th in sv%

Ran into this comment / article:

"If you talk to people around the American Hockey League, that team is as good as there is in the league," Monsters coach David Quinn told The Plain Dealer, Ohio's largest daily newspaper, after Saturday's 1-0 Heat win.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/hockey/calgary-flames/Abbotsford+Heat+team+beat/5540889/story.html#ixzz1av7ap6Is

Actually, they're 3-1-0. Tied second in the division with OK City Barons. And about a dozen other teams in the league.

I went to the home opener on Friday, and my opinion is it was one of the better games I've seen in three years. The guys showed a lot of heart and never quit even when they were down by two. The only disappointment was the play of TJ Brodie. Wasn't really in the groove, turned over the puck several times, let guys get around him, although he wasn't on the ice for any of the goals, he had Irving to cover for him. Seems like he's taken a step back from the player that made the Flames out of training camp last year. Looking forward to seeing if he can pick that up.

sounds like Martin, Bancks and Armstrong are making their 2011/12 debuts for the Heat tonight

Breen, Howse and MacMillan are sitting out.

Kolanos is said to be close to returning from injury and Ivanans' debut will have to wait.

Admirals tie it up.

Byron hit the goal scorer (Ryan Thang) after the goal and sent him into the boards head first. Byron given 5 and a game for boarding, even listening the the Heat announcers it sounded like a dirty hit. Possible suspension maybe? Thang appears to be alright, which is good.

Mikkelson in the box now, 5 on 3 PP for a full 2 minutes.

The Heat need to kill this badly

Admirals put it in, but it was kicked, NO GOAL!!

Mikkelson penalty has been killed, 50 seconds left on the PK

Sorry for the delay, the flu is kicking the crap out of me and I slept through the Heat game tonight.

The Heat lost 3-1 to the Milwaukee Admirals tonight, dropping their record to 4-2-0.

Clay Wilson had the lone goal and Nemisz the lone assist

Sorry for the delay, the flu is kicking the crap out of me and I slept through the Heat game tonight.

The Heat lost 3-1 to the Milwaukee Admirals tonight, dropping their record to 4-2-0.

Clay Wilson had the lone goal and Nemisz the lone assist

I think Irving got credit for an assist as well

Heat win 5-1 to Improve to 5-3-0. A few interesting notes, Krys Kolanos scores a Hat-Trick and adds an assist in his first game in over a year and a half. The game also featured a Goalie fight with Irving scoring the only 2 punches, Ortio came in and stopped all 10 shots he faced.

So they signed Kolanos again?

they signed him to a two way AHL/ECHL contract (so he is still an NHL free agent) prior to this season and he had gotten hurt in camp.

the heat play the Bulldogs at 1:00 Calgary time, judging by the time of the game and the fact its against a Canadian team this may be televised on CBC.

The Heat destroy Hamilton 6-2, A fairly good outing by the majority of the team and yet again Kolanos makes Feaster look good by scoring 3 more points in only his second outing (and he still had a few more chances he was robbed of). Looking better and better by the day in Abbotsford.

A bit closer tonight as the Heat edge out Hamilton in Overtime by a score of 3-2, jumping to 7-3-0 on the season, Kolanos continues his scoring streak with an assist, but seems to be garnering alot more defensive attention now.