The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ring-a-ding-dong-dandy

Heat 2011/12 Season

Great to see the Heat doing so well! Also it's great to see Reinhart getting some very valuable experience against grown men... Looking like a good prospect!

Great to see the Heat doing so well! Also it's great to see Reinhart getting some very valuable experience against grown men... Looking like a good prospect!

It will be interesting to see if they play him 7 more times and trigger his contract.

My knee-jerk reaction is to say that I would like them to limit him to 9 games and maintain the contract year.

But at the end of the day, if he is contributing and developing, then you keep running with him. Developing his confidence and gaining playoff experience is worth more than the cost of buring the year (if he is worth way more than $900k 2 years from now, well that's a good thing!).

Of course, if it's a situation whereby they are down 3 games to none and he is sitting at 9 games or something like that, then you have to make a sensible long-term decision.

It will be interesting to see if they play him 7 more times and trigger his contract.

My knee-jerk reaction is to say that I would like them to limit him to 9 games and maintain the contract year.

But at the end of the day, if he is contributing and developing, then you keep running with him. Developing his confidence and gaining playoff experience is worth more than the cost of buring the year (if he is worth way more than $900k 2 years from now, well that's a good thing!).

Of course, if it's a situation whereby they are down 3 games to none and he is sitting at 9 games or something like that, then you have to make a sensible long-term decision.

AHL games ahve no affect on an ELC

Time for Irving to play.

r watched most of it and Taylor didn't have a great gsme.

Would not be at all surprised if Irving plays the next game.