The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mapex

Mlb Playoffs 2011

Surprised there's no thread for this year. Anyone watching the MLB Playoffs? What are your thoughts so far and who are you going for?

I was going for Philly since Halladay is on the team but now that there out I'll be following the Brewers for Marcum.

So far its been a great playoffs. Happy that the Yanks got knocked out in the 1st round.

There's basically little discussion here about anything besides hockey.

For starters just gotta say for me I doubt anything that will happen the rest of the playoffs will beat that last day of the season, unreal comebacks on both wild cards. Still some good games in the first round, the Carpenter/Halladay game 5 matchup was playoff pitching at its finest, makes me sad to say that as back in '99 I thought those 2 would be the guys leading the Jays back to the playoffs.

Right now my prediction is Rangers vs. Brewers with the Rangers taking it in 7. The only hope that I think the Tigers have is if they can get back to Verlander with an even series. It wouldn't shock me if the Cardinals won the NL, they proved in '06 that all you need to do is get in and anything can happen, but the fan in me wants to see Rangers and Brewers just for the talent on those teams.

The Tigers played pretty darn good tonight against the Rangers. Home run bombs by Cabrera and Martinez. How can you injure yourself on a home run swing though? that was very weird.

Looks like we'll get another chance to see Verlander pitch for the Tigers in the series.

Looks like we'll get another chance to see Verlander pitch for the Tigers in the series.

I didn't think the Tigers would lose 2 games with Verlander on the hill in any series. Though he hasn't had the playoffs to match his season, there isn't another pitcher in the AL that I would want over him right now.