• Announcements

• Kulstad

Insults/Name-calling will not be tolerated   11/19/2016

Tensions are high around this team and its fans.  It is very obvious that everyone here is passionate about the Flames, and has an opinion about what should be done to fix our unstable ship.  Stating your opinion is fine, it's exactly what these forums are for.   However, the name-calling and the insults are not required.   All insults/name-calling will be met with a zero-tolerance approach, regardless if you are a new person to the forums, or have been around since these forums began.   First-offenses will be met with a moderator-needs-to-approve-your-post for 3 days Second offenses will be met with a week-long suspension Third offenses will result in a perma-ban   If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to voice your concern about it, you are absolutely free to contact me directly.   We all love this team, and this game.  Let's continue to keep it civil around here.   --  Kulstad

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C_worthy

Baertschi Watch

322 posts in this topic

I thought a dedicated thread made sense so here goes...

I will try and keep his point totals up to date throughout the year as best as I can.

GP...G...A..PTS..+-..PIM..PPG..SHG..PPG

47...33...61...94..+15...36...10...5...2.00

PPG: 1st in the CHL - Shinnimin 2nd @ 1.90

20 goals in his last 17 games

2 people like this

It looks like Baertschi didn't play last night - anybody know anything?

minor hip injury. didn't make the trip with Portland. should be joining the club later on the trip the though

minor hip injury. didn't make the trip with Portland. should be joining the club later on the trip the though

thanks Ring

I have tickets for the Portland game against the Hitmen Tuesday... I will be seriously bummed if he doesn't play.

I have tickets for the Portland game against the Hitmen Tuesday... I will be seriously bummed if he doesn't play.

Fan 960 talking he won't play in Calgary.. sigh...

And, he's back! Kicked it off with a three-point night, to wratchet up his points per game even higher.

He's back on the leaderboard (top 20), having played half the games of many of the other players:

http://www.whl.ca/stats/show

He's going to tear the league apart...it's looking like it may be between him and Emerson Etem.

And, he's back! Kicked it off with a three-point night, to wratchet up his points per game even higher.

He's back on the leaderboard (top 20), having played half the games of many of the other players:

http://www.whl.ca/stats/show

He's going to tear the league apart...it's looking like it may be between him and Emerson Etem.

Yes. Very nice return. Ferland had a big night yesterday as well putting up 4 points and claiming 6th on the WHL points leaderboard and tied for second in goals with nearly a goal per game pace.

Only going by what I heard on the radio this morning, but it sounds like Switzerland and Canada are going to play in Red Deer, not in Calgary.

FU$#&*%^@$%&*CK!!!!!

just a side note: Our two prospects on the winter hawks Baertschi & Worthersppon are leading the team in plus/minus. (On a team that's roster is almost completely in the minus column)

Sven : +2

Tyer: +4

I forget where I heard this, but hockey analysts believe Sven will/or is projected to be a similar player to Louie Erikkson

Baertchi could easily be the WHL scoring leader right now with 11games 6g 18a 24pts

Can't wait to see how he progresses and makes his transition to the NHL.

hmmm

Emerson Etem: 2.17 ppg

Sven Baertschi 2.18 ppg

i know hes only played 11 games.. but still is exciting =0

MIchael Ferland and Reinhart are impressing me as well... Ferland with 15 goals is a nice stat =)

Baertchi could easily be the WHL scoring leader right now with 11games 6g 18a 24pts

Can't wait to see how he progresses and makes his transition to the NHL.

MIchael Ferland and Reinhart are impressing me as well...

I really hope we continue seeing the development of our prospects.. it's very encouraging every time ya hear about one of them (or multiple on a same night, hehe) having a great effort / game. Sven is gonna be a solid member of our squad sooner rather than later. :)

Lets see he is on a 2.18 pts/game pace. that would be 156.96 points had he not lost any games to injury in a 72 game season.

While it would definitely be tough to say he can keep up that pace, it would be fun to compare his projected stats to last years #1 drafted center from the same league.

2010-11 Red Deer WHL 69 31 75 106points 1.54pt/game

Lets see he is on a 2.18 pts/game pace. that would be 156.96 points had he not lost any games to injury in a 72 game season.

While it would definitely be tough to say he can keep up that pace, it would be fun to compare his projected stats to last years #1 drafted center from the same league.

2010-11 Red Deer WHL 69 31 75 106points 1.54pt/game

Baertschi would have never played a full season without injury. He missed some to start when he was still in training camp for us. Then he will miss 5-10 games for the world junior championships too. Alot of top level 18-19 year old CHLers only see 60-65 games if healthy

3 assists tonight.

6-21-27 in 12 games

He now leads the dub in PPG and Ferland is 5th

Baertschi 2.25

Etem 2.20

Stone 2.00

Sundher 1.80

Ferland 1.62

1 person likes this

another 3 pt night, with 2 assists plus the game winner in OT

13-7-23-30

7th in scoring and 1st in PPG

3 assists tonight.

6-21-27 in 12 games

He now leads the dub in PPG and Ferland is 5th

Baertschi 2.25

Etem 2.20

Stone 2.00

Sundher 1.80

Ferland 1.62

I don't think it can be understated how well Bartschi is doing. (or Baertschi??)

Even the players who are Close to him (Etem, Stone) are Older and have had More seasons in the WHL.

He is younger and less experienced than anyone even close to his pace.

Bartschi is looking like THE steal of the 2011 draft, despite how high he was picked. He is that good. For all Edmonton's talk of Hopkins, I'm not so sure he'll be the story at the end of the day. The Flames are developing Bartschi the right way: In the WHL. And Man, oh man...is he ever developing.

We might just have our first-line Left Winger in place for the next 15 years. We just need to find the guy a centre now.

I don't think it can be understated how well Bartschi is doing. (or Baertschi??)

Yeah, Portland lists him as Bartschi but the Flames go with Baertschi. On draft day when they interviewed him, he said there's an 'e' in there.

But obviously he never bothered to tell Portland that

Yeah, Portland lists him as Bartschi but the Flames go with Baertschi. On draft day when they interviewed him, he said there's an 'e' in there.

But obviously he never bothered to tell Portland that

you see that all the time. when Skrastins (RIP :() went to Colorado he went from saying his name phonetically to the proper way (said Skras-stich) and same with Toni Lydman when he left here. He went from it being said Lidman to Loodman.

Maybe someone with a little more hockey knowledge could help me out here...

I think I heard that Baertschi was drafted 2nd overall by Portland in a European draft? Does anyone know the details, and who was drafted a head of him?

Also, I'm blown away at some CHL teams drafting... Portland seem to produce talent past & present... (I haven't researched other teams yet, so I'm sure there are others, but Portland must be near the top for past/present drafting)

Portland: (recent)

Baertschi

Nino

Johansen

Pouliot

Rattie

Wortherspoon

Morrow

Alumni:

Mark Messier

Cam Neeley

Mike Vernon