The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

successfulblackman

Soccer Sucks

Soccer sucks or rocks?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find soccer as an entertaining game to watch?

• yes
    • no

You title and poll do not match.

I don't think soccer "sucks". I played soccer as a kid and enjoyed as much as any game I played at the time. Even now I don't mind kicking the ball around. It's a good sport to keep in shape, a great cardio workout for sure. What's wrong with that?

Do I think it's entertaining? Not really. I check out the World Cup when it's on and did watch a couple Whitecaps game this year. Not high on my entertainment list but it has it's place.

And since it's the biggest sport world-wide I don't think you can say it "sucks".

It's another of the games that's fun to play but dull to watch. I played a rather loose pickup version & enjoyed it but can't get into watching.

But to those that grew up with it it's as exciting as we find hockey. My friends that were born on other continents see it as the greatest game. It's also affordable so soccer leagues are becoming more popular here as hockey equipment & cost of ice time increases. Parents are steering their kids in that direction.

ha... ha?

Probably past your bed time.

Lol may be 17, but I stay up till 2 every weekend

It's another of the games that's fun to play but dull to watch. I played a rather loose pickup version & enjoyed it but can't get into watching.

But to those that grew up with it it's as exciting as we find hockey. My friends that were born on other continents see it as the greatest game. It's also affordable so soccer leagues are becoming more popular here as hockey equipment & cost of ice time increases. Parents are steering their kids in that direction.

You pretty sum up my whole stance on the matter B)

Lol may be 17, but I stay up till 2 every weekend

You pretty sum up my whole stance on the matter B)

Wow! Did you do extra chores for that privilege?

I don't see how soccer would ''suck'', as it is by far the most played sport on Earth. It may be ''boring'' to watch, but this is a fun game to play.

Wow! Did you do extra chores for that privilege?

No.. since my parents divorced, and my mom moved to Vancouver, and my dad has a job where he moves from Dallas. My dad rents a condo for me. I other words I live by my self B)

This is the most narrow minded post I have ever read. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world and is so much fun to play. Just because there is not non stop action when watching it on tv is no reason to hate on it.

The title of this poll is kind of....uh...not as well thought out as it could have been. It should have simply been "what do you think of soccer?" for example. Anyways, I love soccer and I played it at the provincial level. The amazing thing about soccer is that it's the only sport that brings the world together. It's the simplicity of the game that makes it great. If you have something round and at least one foot you can play it. It's not as fast paced as hockey but there is far more strategy that goes into it. If it's the physicality of Hockey that soccer lacks that makes you dislike it, then you should check out some indoor soccer. When I used to play indoor I was in my share of scraps. No sports fan can deny how awesome watching championship soccer is. Especially if you're watching the German national team. ;)

Absolutely bastardson the Germans are so clinical in their execution. The team I follow is Bayern Munich at the League level. I prefer them over the pompous English squads lol. The majority of people I don't think realize how much skill is involved in playing the game at the top level. It's incredible what some of the players can do. Especially the keepers, that's a huge goal they have to defend! I agree indoor soccer can become quite physical and even on the outdoor pitch there are plenty of bone jarring collisions :) the only thing questionable I find in the game is some of the embellishments the players make out of said collisions but even then they are more amusing than anything :)

Soccer, or football/footy as we call it over here, is just like any other sport. You can have two excellent teams play and have end to end stuff that leaves you on the edge of your seat, but you can also get two very poor teams, and those games are like watching paint dry haha.

My hometown team Sunderland, has a very fearless and violent local rivalry with Newcastle. Derby days are always action packed on the pitch, unfortunately this often spills off into the pubs and on the streets, footy huligans spoil the game. I'm not that much of a footy fan, I prefer contact sports myself. But footy is fun to play.