The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjgallow

Joni Ortio Watch

http://www.adirondackflames.com/news/index.html?article_id=160

Ortio and Poirier has been named to the AHL All Star Team.

Congrats. After a slow start, it looks like Ortio has turned it around in a big way.  I haven't seen him play this season but the stats look great (anyone who's seen him play, please comment).  Nonetheless, this All Star selection validates his potential to become a future NHL starter.

Ortio is injured, out 6-8 weeks. Significant injury as per Treliving in the response video on the Bennett presser on the main Flames page at flames.nhl.com

High ankle sprain… 

OUch!

Thats not good. Hes done for the year.

My thoughts exactly. Too risky of an injury to try and rush back from. Best to shut him down for the year and let him rehab it over the summer than to risk a more serious injury down the road.

Looks like Ortio is recall up and Thiessen back to Addy.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=762175&navid=DL|CGY|home

What that means, is he OK or just sit bench and Thiessen go help Addy?

What it means is that he is medically cleared to play.  He would not be allowed to dress otherwise.

What it also means is that Ramo is likely done for the season.  No updates to his status, Joni activated....

Ramo is still listed day to day so I wouldnt read too much into this, a rusty Joni is still a better back up option if heaven forbid something happens to Holler.

Ramo is still listed day to day so I wouldnt read too much into this, a rusty Joni is still a better back up option if heaven forbid something happens to Holler.

Ture.  But here has been zero info, which is not typical.  No tweets, no scuttlebut, nada.

If Ramo comes back for the playoffs, he gets added to the Black Aces, or Ortio does.

What it means is that he is medically cleared to play.  He would not be allowed to dress otherwise.

What it also means is that Ramo is likely done for the season.  No updates to his status, Joni activated....

I could have swore Ortio's season was done after suffering the high ankle sprain but here he is. Amazing recovery or it wasn't as severe as first thought. Great to see him back whatever the case.