The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest happycat

Go Team Canada Go.....

Guest happycat

Since olympics happens two years apart (winter and summer), it's practically in our faces, let's discuss the olympics here.

Wow Mr Bean at the London games, The Queen parachuting with an union jack parachute. (I love this queen she's the most animated and STILL has many years left..... outlasted Communism, outlasted most dictatorships, especially Nazism....). The children at this children's hospital in England, being harassed by boojum monsters (nightmare monsters from American McGee's Alice, a twisted Steam punk alice in wonderland game) and Nanny Mary poppins shooing them away. However, the CBC commentator made a mistake, Winnie the Poo is OURS a Canadian invention, not an English one.

Well here's to the extension of Pown the Podium, also involving cash incentives for medals as some countries do... Go ga ga Canada.... go ga ga. As the English say.

Guest happycat

wow Micheal Phelps a mutant dolphin and son of olympian god Poissdon is really suck fest this olympics....

Guys quit fapping to the beach volleyball bikini's already

I prefer javelin and field hockey, personally

I prefer javelin and field hockey, personally

I don't want to know what you do with that Javelin....

Man no gold medal yet? Come on..... do it Canada!!!! Tired of getting bronze medals!!!!

Was totally watching Serena Willams dominate, man she has thunder thighs

Guest happycat

It's coming Anie it's comming. I hope, speaking of Gold medals, Ye Shenwen's controversal 2 Golds? I say she won it fare and square. Is the tests came back with no Steriods, then the tests came back with no steriods.

But congrads to Hayden's Bronze. It's the funding, sometimes more countries *cough Cough*, spends alot for psychological and training scientists and coaches.... Hayden's inspiration was from self determination to learn from mistakes of his 8th place qualifying heat, and his Sensei (hence the Japanese and Hanji tats on his arms). Like China puts BILLIONS into their big White Elephant (extravagant projects ie: Expo 2010, olympics 2008 as did the USSR, and pumps out well let's just say you know the kids from District 1 and 2 from Hunger Games?.... that's essensially what China pumps out Cyborgs. Japan has bio technologly, America is locked in some Cold War fantasy world (see Metal Gear Games, when super soldiers became mercinaries piloting giant mechs). But Canada seems to be doing very very well. I'm surprised that running isn't up yet, (I guess they go swimming first THEN running in this game).

Like the girl from Quebec Gerald, She fought for her Bronze. hundreds compete (Sadly I stayed up hours and hours and hours filing Team CANADA's stuff during the game volunteering at 2010, I don't know who's more athletic the organizing volunteers such as the Pirate flagged SOCC (us guys in the main nerve center), or the athletes. lol, or the maids and house keeping volunteers (because sweaty athletes=eewwwwwww) and so do tears of those who didn't qualify..

But yea I get what you're saying Anie. We do expect they train hard, after getting donations, and corporations investing, and governments. We want them to shine, and represent us citizens, dreams. It's just like hockey..... we want the Iggy (well you don't and that's ok Anie we love you anyways) to win, or we want the Kipper to go bonkers and like Sword. They will, what Canada's preformance was very golden however. We can't compete with Phelp's Woods, but at least Team Bruce Li (the Caucasian girl named Bruce and Li the Chinese girl), for team Canada, made the cute Team Japan girl fall on her bum. What our Bronze that we really fought for is to say to the world, dont' count us out (... Because the look of determination, and the effort that Canadian athletes put in to stay alive, is like you're fight the Zombies and they're all at you and you're slowly blacking out, managing to stay alive until your party can help lift you back up, but you're still kicking Zombie goo.

Had Hayden not decided to improve his mistakes in swimming he'd have the water resistance to lose Bronze, so he get's nothing for 12 years of troubles, or even Gerald who just 3 a weight of a cat, would disqualify Gerald girl (whom I hope continues this sport), That's how much she lost by so she was determined to lift just that.

or Bronze Rowing, or Silver Rowing, great final efforts. Like England was leading them then they pushed REALLY hard. Showing Canada's comittment to not give up, the purpose of the olympics is to tell the body to STFU and do more.... and in a Zombie armeggedon. This will be a very very valuable thing.... When one is freezing, and feeling the delicious dream like rosy cheekness of freezing to death, feeling wonky and sleepy but pushing on through like snow or cold rain, with needed gas cans... That's what the Greek Godesses and Gods designed the olympics for. Because they're a bunch of Sickos who get off on hoomons hurting themselves in terrible ways just see what we're capable of.

Its like Batman Rises you know being surrounded by all those foreigners cheering him on in the you know what (yes I know you seen this movie Anie), Is like that.... exactly like that.....That's why it really sucks to be a super hero, the writers and drawers really really want to see you in absolute pain, all to see you push through.

But yeah, I do wish Team Canada eventually breaks the barrier and gets gold....So I get what you're saying. Just don't kill yourself doing it. While climbing out of a hole prison. to do so.

Guest happycat

Speak of Caocao..... and Caocao appears. (the Chinese version of speak of the Devil).... Canada wins gold.

This has to be one of the worst Olympics in terms of hours and timing. It's so difficult to watch anything live because events are from like 4am to 2pm MTN. Sucks watching re-runs/replays.

Guest happycat

This is new...

Also retrieves shot puts... :lol:

Ohhhh it's the Mr. Bean car. or the maker anyways. But still I was disappointed Mr Bean didn't drive in his mini in the Chariots of Fire day dream.....

Anyhoww... good effort by Team Canada, for the Semi finals, against team USA. a Hatty, got to see very endowed young......

an idiot who throws a bottle at Bolt, making a bronze medalist girl miss this historic moment, because she was beside the mong (I can only assume, that Mong means retard, derived from Mongolid. or the archiac slang for down syndrome) was drunk and she apprehended him.

But still Canada fights for a chance.... hurdles, cycling, kayaking, and a host of other sports....

So about the Missy Missle, (a Canadian born, American girl, the female counterpart of Phelps, for team USA), your thoughts?

What about USA vs China, rivalry.... cold war, Battle of Alberta-esque...... competitions to spice things up, or just Cold War archiac dinosaur mentality, wayyyyyy past it's prime? I mean.... oh my look at all those gymnasts and their perfect form bodies.

But speaking of heavenly celestrial bodies, of people young people winning the Lotto 649 of Genetics (ie. Being lucky enough with the penial glands flooding X-factor endocrine turning them into super humans).... think about it, young sexy, healthy, hormones, drunk (celebrations), exotic.... let's just say we went through ALOT of condoms during the vanoc games. ALOT. ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha.....

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/field-sports/news/article/fifa-investigating-canadian-women-post-match-actions.html?cid=rsstsn

Women's soccer team might get punished for going overboard with referee bashing.

I agree with an investigation. It's so embarrassing as a Canadian to listen to whining and complaining after a loss. Leave the complaining to the fans. We had the entire British stadium cheering for us by the end of the game and cheering against the Americans. We didn't win the game but we won the hearts of many supporters. The girls should've just walked off the field with their heads held high, but no, they had to open their mouths and cry on tv...

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/field-sports/news/article/fifa-investigating-canadian-women-post-match-actions.html?cid=rsstsn

Women's soccer team might get punished for going overboard with referee bashing.

I agree with an investigation. It's so embarrassing as a Canadian to listen to whining and complaining after a loss. Leave the complaining to the fans. We had the entire British stadium cheering for us by the end of the game and cheering against the Americans. We didn't win the game but we won the hearts of many supporters. The girls should've just walked off the field with their heads held high, but no, they had to open their mouths and cry on tv...

Can't blame them. The officiating was complete nonsense. The delay of game, the hand ball call, many, many non-calls throughout the game.

Bad on FIFA to have such a young, inexperienced ref doing a semi-final game.

Bad on Waumbach for intimidating the ref into making the cal (standing behind her, counting every time she had the ball)

Bad on the official for not properly warning the goalie, instead the linesman made a comment in passing to the effect of "keep the play moving faster".

Bad on FIFA for not letting the controversy die. Announcing the investigation just adds more fuel to the fire.

I think Peeps has been huffing paint again.

Canada is one of the least likely of (big-name) countries to spicy orange duck-and-moan when things don't go their way. I think the ladies involved here have every right to complain, and quite honestly I believe it's about time Canadian athletes started standing up for themselves...God knows the Canadian Olympic Committee doesn't stand up for them (like their supposed to because, well, that's the majority of their job description!)

Can you imagine the belly-aching and "oh woe is me! The world is out to get us!" kvetching that would happen if the outcome of the match was reversed and the Americans ended up losing?

I think Peeps has been huffing paint again.

Canada is one of the least likely of (big-name) countries to spicy orange duck-and-moan when things don't go their way.

Yes and no.

Yes that I'm huffing paint again.

No that... well, whoever those Canadian figure skaters were that served up a plate of spicy orange duck, and then got awarded a shared gold medal, they made Olympic history by being the biggest whiners of all mother time. So, what do you mean Canadians are the least likely of countries to whine? They are the MOST likely to whine.

When i say whine, i don't mean by the media, the citizens of the country, etc. I mean by the athletes themselves. It's such a poor sport image for the athletes themselves to cry about refereeing.

Yes and no.

Yes that I'm huffing paint again.

No that... well, whoever those Canadian figure skaters were that served up a plate of spicy orange duck, and then got awarded a shared gold medal, they made Olympic history by being the biggest whiners of all mother time. So, what do you mean Canadians are the least likely of countries to whine? They are the MOST likely to whine.

When i say whine, i don't mean by the media, the citizens of the country, etc. I mean by the athletes themselves. It's such a poor sport image for the athletes themselves to cry about refereeing.

I'm sorry, they were the worst whiners of all time because they complained about a judging conspiracy that was subsequently proven to have taken place and rob them of a gold medal that they spent their entire lives training for?

And to your other point that Canadian athletes are the MOST likely to whine... any evidence of this (other than the figure skaters)?

I'm sorry, they were the worst whiners of all time because they complained about a judging conspiracy that was subsequently proven to have taken place and rob them of a gold medal that they spent their entire lives training for?

And to your other point that Canadian athletes are the MOST likely to whine... any evidence of this (other than the figure skaters)?

Well, what about the horse jumping chick from last week who got disqualified because her horse was injured and then she cried us a river on international tv? It's embarrassing to see as a Canadian because they are crying for selfish reasons. Let us cry for her instead.

Same thing with hockey. If the Flames get shafted by the refs, then let us the fans complain and go into the kitchen with it. The players should STFU, stop complaining, stop making the league look bad, stop embarrassing themselves, and stop embarrassing the other team (basically saying they don't deserve to win), etc.

Well, what about the horse jumping chick from last week who got disqualified because her horse was injured and then she cried us a river on international tv? It's embarrassing to see as a Canadian because they are crying for selfish reasons. Let us cry for her instead.

Same thing with hockey. If the Flames get shafted by the refs, then let us the fans complain and go into the kitchen with it. The players should STFU, stop complaining, stop making the league look bad, stop embarrassing themselves, and stop embarrassing the other team (basically saying they don't deserve to win), etc.

So to summarize, you want these athletes, who train their entire lives, to compete for Canada so that you can sit back and enjoy the experience and feel good about yourself and your country. But if things go badly and their dreams are ruined by a bad call or a corrupt judge, they should STFU because you don't want them to display any emotions that would kill your buzz as a fan.

Peeps wants Canadian athletes to take it in the rear and then say thank you afterwards?

A little thing called speaking out against injustice.

Loved the Sele/Pelletier example. Shows what little you understand of the situation, and what little grasp you have of the mentality of elite athletes.

Guest happycat

In other news Canada picks up two bronze in wrestling and one in silver today, with a potential for bronze in another wrestling match...... God wrestling chicks are hot.

Guest happycat

In other news Canada picks up two bronze in wrestling and one in silver today, with a potential for bronze in another wrestling match...... God wrestling chicks are hot.

So to summarize, you want these athletes, who train their entire lives, to compete for Canada so that you can sit back and enjoy the experience and feel good about yourself and your country. But if things go badly and their dreams are ruined by a bad call or a corrupt judge, they should STFU because you don't want them to display any emotions that would kill your buzz as a fan.

Peeps wants Canadian athletes to take it in the rear and then say thank you afterwards?

A little thing called speaking out against injustice.

Loved the Sele/Pelletier example. Shows what little you understand of the situation, and what little grasp you have of the mentality of elite athletes.

Remember "it was in" in '04?

I'm so glad the Flames players never whined after that because there was still a game to be played. The soccer game didn't end when the Americans were awarded a free kick and then the subsequent penalty shot. The Canadian defender had a fair chance to make it more clear that she did not commit hand ball. The Canadian goalie had a fair chance to make a save. The Americans still had to score to make it count. There was also still time on the clock to win the game in extra time. Etc Etc Etc.

It's called poor sportsmanship. Looking for whatever excuses they could find. It's embarrassing.

Do I think they got shafted? ABSOLUTELY they did. But let us say if for them. That's what fans are for. It looks so bad when they open their own mouths.

Guest happycat

anyways moving right along..... what are people's thought about Missy the Missle. Is anybody cross that she swam for team USA and not Canada?

Remember "it was in" in '04?

I'm so glad the Flames players never whined after that because there was still a game to be played. The soccer game didn't end when the Americans were awarded a free kick and then the subsequent penalty shot. The Canadian defender had a fair chance to make it more clear that she did not commit hand ball. The Canadian goalie had a fair chance to make a save. The Americans still had to score to make it count. There was also still time on the clock to win the game in extra time. Etc Etc Etc.

It's called poor sportsmanship. Looking for whatever excuses they could find. It's embarrassing.

Do I think they got shafted? ABSOLUTELY they did. But let us say if for them. That's what fans are for. It looks so bad when they open their own mouths.

I hear what you're saying and I am as big on good sportsmanship as anyone.

But you have to keep in mind that these are amateur athletes that spend their entire life training for one moment in the Olympics. That is VERY different than professional athletes that are trained in how to deal with the media and are inundated with microphones on a daily basis for years. Also, just look at guys like Gretzky and Crosby - as young players, they often let their emotions get the best of them as well. Gretzky learned over time how to maintain media savvy, but it is a learned art.

These kids have one day in the sun. When your lifetime dreams are dashed by poor officiating, it is not poor sportsmanship to be upset.