Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

2013 Playoffs - The Year The Flames Ignite?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
136 replies to this topic

Poll: 2013 Playoffs - The Year The Flames Ignite? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Do the Flames make the 2013 playoffs?

1. Yes (21 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. No (9 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 s4xon

s4xon

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

Lots of changes this year. The topic speaks for itself. Thoughts? B)

#2 crankshaft

crankshaft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

You have got to be kidding....

#3 s4xon

s4xon

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

....nope.

#4 Demonous_Xodus

Demonous_Xodus

Tyrant of Positivity

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

Posted Image

Creative Optimistic Post Of The Week! Kudos to you buddy!

#5 Crzydrvr

Crzydrvr

Resident Draft Junkie

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

I say yes, but we'd need quite a bit to go right (or at least to not go wrong) just to end up in 7th or 8th.

However, considering the rest of the NHL is already preparing to crap on us, I say bring it. Let's prove some people wrong. I'm going to go into the season with a chip on my shoulder and here's hoping the team does too.

#6 ifiwaschucknorris

ifiwaschucknorris

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

It's in my sig....I Believe!!!

#7 s4xon

s4xon

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

I say yes, but we'd need quite a bit to go right (or at least to not go wrong) just to end up in 7th or 8th. Agreed.

However, considering the rest of the NHL is already preparing to crap on us, I say bring it. Let's prove some people wrong. I'm going to go into the season with a chip on my shoulder and here's hoping the team does too. A new coaching staff and half a new lineup should inject some much needed urgency and intensity.

It's a tough pill to swallow when I see all these " predictions " throwing Calgary into the 14th and 15th spots around forums, NHL.com, and other blogs. It may be disgruntled rival fans, or sports casters with interests lying in other franchises, but it still gives me a bitter taste.

The Flames are not a favored market. Especially these days. I do feel, however that the amount of changes and the quality of the acquisitions will breathe a new result. The Flames will surprise.

#8 oldschool17

oldschool17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

It's a tough pill to swallow when I see all these " predictions " throwing Calgary into the 14th and 15th spots around forums, NHL.com, and other blogs. It may be disgruntled rival fans, or sports casters with interests lying in other franchises, but it still gives me a bitter taste.

The Flames are not a favored market. Especially these days. I do feel, however that the amount of changes and the quality of the acquisitions will breathe a new result. The Flames will surprise.

Cheers! I love an underdog and at this point it's glaringly obvious we just aren't well liked out there and people want us to lose.
Here is to shutting them all up. Especially Francis a Mcguirre who never have anything good to say about the flames.

#9 Bastardsonofmacinnis

Bastardsonofmacinnis

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

The way I see it is we were barely out of the playoffs last year. That was with half an ahl team. I honestly believe this years team is a definite improvement. Iggy's gonna look so good holding that cup over his head. B)

#10 ifiwaschucknorris

ifiwaschucknorris

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

The way I see it is we were barely out of the playoffs last year. That was with half an ahl team. I honestly believe this years team is a definite improvement. Iggy's gonna look so good holding that cup over his head. B)

Mmmmmm.....thats some good Kool Aid.

#11 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,080 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

When the season starts, and the roster has been finalized, I will still be here... No matter what...

I will cheer on the Flames through thick and thin, so go ahead and let the games begin...

#12 WILLDABEAST

WILLDABEAST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Cheers! I love an underdog and at this point it's glaringly obvious we just aren't well liked out there and people want us to lose.
Here is to shutting them all up. Especially Francis a Mcguirre who never have anything good to say about the flames.

Or maybe its alot of people who have lost faith in this team

#13 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

If the Flames make the playoffs, it would be almost impossible for them to make it the following season. It would be a result of everyting falling into place at the right time.

#14 oldschool17

oldschool17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

If the Flames make the playoffs, it would be almost impossible for them to make it the following season. It would be a result of everyting falling into place at the right time.

Now your confusing the oilers and flames again.....

Or maybe its alot of people who have lost faith in this team

Also true. Bandwagon hoppers and fad followers. Oh well. I believe in my team and I think they will surprise a lot of people. Lots of reasons to be optimistic, I can't wait for hockey to start. Sadly with the CBA talks starting to heat up, intensify and get ugly, I think we are in for a long offseason. Greedy owners....

#15 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Elder Statesman

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,079 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

I will cheer on the Flames through thick and thin, so go ahead and let the games begin...

Regardless of what happens I'll still be here. The Flames will remain my 1B team. :)

#16 happycat

happycat

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

We won't have the ability to however. As the CPC's economic and state appratus, slowly disintegrates, the world will be thrown into political and economic craziness. And Star people, (people from space), will land as peace keepers, and kidnap out children to participate in some perverted games where they're hungry. and Voldemort's followers will fly around with shadows and monsters scaring children in a hospital, with Mary Poppins shooting out light blasts from her umbrella, as Anne of Green Gables tackles these gastly ghostly creatures, with her teenager angry powers (nothing more scary than teenage girls. I should know my baby sister will become one.... and I'm her guardian. Oy Vey.

Our Calgary Highlanders and Prince Patrica and RCMP are too busy trying to hold back a horde of angry mutant Canucklehead Zombies, as the nutjob Weebleludwig. continues his eco terrorism. Romneyism takes full effect as Romney is sworn in and the war in Iraq and Afganistan expects a sudden surge of US troops.... who are too busy losing to the peace keepers trying to kidnap our children for a perverted game where they kill each other..... Then earthquakes of mother of all earthquakes explode in Vancouver, sucking in the olympic villages so we don't have to pay for them anymore... and the GM place while we're at it..... This earthquake spreads to other Western American states, sucking these into a vortex of inter collapsing, (like on Shogun movie, with the earthquake scene). as demons from hell pop out of this hell hole, and Buffy Summers and Giles try to fight them...... While on the East Coast, Aliens and all hollywood movie creatures attack Eastern metropolises..... And the fab fantastic 5 with the Justice league tries to push them throw a worm hole so they can accost another planet.

Scotland will vote for independence in 2013, and renew hostilities that have been dormant since 1700, (see Braveheart). And the Euro Zone continues to decadent itself to death as now the hard working retirees retire, and live in Cannes, and Andorra, and Luxemborg, or Santorini, with sexy sexy tans.... China's economy implodes, causing another economic crisis, Tibet however will be insulated... now with North Korea..... it's too a wild card to predict....

anyways, nothing will happen to us Hockey fans though. the Puck Goddess will chose her champion this year according to skill, and Calgary MIGHT make her hot and bothered, with new talent......... and knight-commander like leadership of Iggy. and the steadfast unbreakable will of Kipper. The JEster Joker is gone..........

#17 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,080 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

Some one else already summed this up regarding your trolling attempts...

Just a couple of days ago you made a post accusing someone else of talking out of their butt...

Well, now you are the pot calling the kettle black...

So Conner, you can either choose to spew your vitriol, or you can choose to post accordingly for this forums intentions...

My guess is, you will continue to try and insult the Flames whenever possible and rah rah your precious oilers in an attempt to make yourself feel better...

#18 s4xon

s4xon

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

We won't have the ability to however. As the CPC's economic and state appratus, slowly disintegrates, the world will be thrown into political and economic craziness. And Star people, (people from space), will land as peace keepers, and kidnap out children to participate in some perverted games where they're hungry. and Voldemort's followers will fly around with shadows and monsters scaring children in a hospital, with Mary Poppins shooting out light blasts from her umbrella, as Anne of Green Gables tackles these gastly ghostly creatures, with her teenager angry powers (nothing more scary than teenage girls. I should know my baby sister will become one.... and I'm her guardian. Oy Vey.

Our Calgary Highlanders and Prince Patrica and RCMP are too busy trying to hold back a horde of angry mutant Canucklehead Zombies, as the nutjob Weebleludwig. continues his eco terrorism. Romneyism takes full effect as Romney is sworn in and the war in Iraq and Afganistan expects a sudden surge of US troops.... who are too busy losing to the peace keepers trying to kidnap our children for a perverted game where they kill each other..... Then earthquakes of mother of all earthquakes explode in Vancouver, sucking in the olympic villages so we don't have to pay for them anymore... and the GM place while we're at it..... This earthquake spreads to other Western American states, sucking these into a vortex of inter collapsing, (like on Shogun movie, with the earthquake scene). as demons from hell pop out of this hell hole, and Buffy Summers and Giles try to fight them...... While on the East Coast, Aliens and all hollywood movie creatures attack Eastern metropolises..... And the fab fantastic 5 with the Justice league tries to push them throw a worm hole so they can accost another planet.

Scotland will vote for independence in 2013, and renew hostilities that have been dormant since 1700, (see Braveheart). And the Euro Zone continues to decadent itself to death as now the hard working retirees retire, and live in Cannes, and Andorra, and Luxemborg, or Santorini, with sexy sexy tans.... China's economy implodes, causing another economic crisis, Tibet however will be insulated... now with North Korea..... it's too a wild card to predict....

anyways, nothing will happen to us Hockey fans though. the Puck Goddess will chose her champion this year according to skill, and Calgary MIGHT make her hot and bothered, with new talent......... and knight-commander like leadership of Iggy. and the steadfast unbreakable will of Kipper. The JEster Joker is gone..........

...Epic. We have a script, call Michael Bay. :D

My guess is, you will continue to try and insult the Flames whenever possible and rah rah your precious oilers in an attempt to make yourself feel better...

Not that I care to any extent, but I have always wondered why other franchise fans are members on these forums. It puzzles me. Sometimes it makes for good discussion, when they don't rear their ugly troll heads and can have a decent conversation.

#19 oldschool17

oldschool17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm not sure what to say or think hahaha

#20 TrippinVdUb

TrippinVdUb

KCCO!

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Or....

The flames make the playoffs win the first round as an underdog, play a hard fought 2nd round only to loose to the eventual Stanley cup finals rep of the west and there for proving to players around the league that we are back in contention, then lure a #1 c and top pairing Dman in the following off season and this all eventually leads to Iggy raising lord Stanley's cup and being the 2014 Con Smythe winner all while the oilers still jar for that coveted 1st overall draft pick for the 5th straight year!

See I can speculate about the future too!

I say yes, but we'd need quite a bit to go right (or at least to not go wrong) just to end up in 7th or 8th.

However, considering the rest of the NHL is already preparing to crap on us, I say bring it. Let's prove some people wrong. I'm going to go into the season with a chip on my shoulder and here's hoping the team does too.

Well said my friend I think most of this city has the same chip on there shoulder, lets hope that this doesn't turn into a boulder weighing down the flames this season like it seemed to all through the last!

(EVERY GAME MATTERS :rolleyes:)