Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyDeeds

When Will The Flames Hit The Ice Again?

23 members have voted

1. 1. Their first regular season game will be played:

• October
    • November
    • December
    • January
    • February
    • March
    • Not this season
    • Maybe next fall.
    • Who Cares ???

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 posts in this topic

Keep existing salaries, but have a special "grandfather" clause for the contracts signed before the last CBA ended where their cap hit is a percentage of the 50% or whatever the NHL wants to have....

Players still get paid, owners get the cost percentage down after some of the contracts start coming up, keep the 50/50 split for more than 7 years, and voila, in 10 years the percentage is fine.

Owners can't duck a contract, they signed that paper, and thus they deserve to be held accountable to that paper. But at least the new contracts will stay more in line with a reasonable amount. You add a few more regulations regarding big contracts and retirement contracts, and everybody's happy.

Everyone on the same page? Yes? Great, let's get this season started before I start considering having to threaten to castrate the Fehrs and poor Bill Daly to get this done.

IMO NHL doesn't do that deal.

If they are going to be paying full salaries, they are going to want players to have full cap hits. The more all the players cap hits are, the less teams can spend.

Keep existing salaries, but have a special "grandfather" clause for the contracts signed before the last CBA ended where their cap hit is a percentage of the 50% or whatever the NHL wants to have....

Players still get paid, owners get the cost percentage down after some of the contracts start coming up, keep the 50/50 split for more than 7 years, and voila, in 10 years the percentage is fine.

Owners can't duck a contract, they signed that paper, and thus they deserve to be held accountable to that paper. But at least the new contracts will stay more in line with a reasonable amount. You add a few more regulations regarding big contracts and retirement contracts, and everybody's happy.

Everyone on the same page? Yes? Great, let's get this season started before I start considering having to threaten to castrate the Fehrs and poor Bill Daly to get this done.

I don't see that happening as it more or less "rewards" the teams that spent like drunken idiots and handed out these insane contracts. Most of them are also teams that are not stuggling financially as well so it's more or less allowing the big money teams to spend more money to afford better players. This goes against pretty much everything that is the reason for the lockout now.

Every contract states that they are subject to the terms of the current CBA. THe owners aren't ;ducking; anything.

Just saying - I don't want to start a big debate about it.

Every contract states that they are subject to the terms of the current CBA. THe owners aren't ;ducking; anything.

Just saying - I don't want to start a big debate about it.

That is a fact C_Worthy...

The players have not had "guaranteed" contracts since the last CBA... That is the purpose of the escrow... The actual "money value" of the contract(s) is fully dependent on hockey related revenue...

That said, I also understand what Crzydrvr was saying, and I agree that the owners that have signed ridiculous contracts have contributed to the problem...