Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Nhl Players Playing In Europe

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

#1 FlamesCzeched

FlamesCzeched

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hey, I just thought I would let Flames fans know that Roman Cervenka just finished his first game with Slavia Prague at Czech Elite League. They played against Kladno Knights and won 3:2. He ended up with 1 goal (scored in 3rd minute of 1st period) and two assists. I would say "Not Bad" especially when you consider that on the other team played Jagr, Plekanec and Tlusty as their top line with Marek Zidlicky on defence. Hopefully we will get a chance to see Roman soon in Flames jersey.

#2 DL44

DL44

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK.....

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Keep the updates coming!

#3 Invin

Invin

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

Very nice! Thankyou for posting.

#4 DL44

DL44

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK.....

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Game highlights

#5 FlamesCzeched

FlamesCzeched

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

Couple games of Prague Lion KHL team, no points for Jiri Hudler. It is reported that he has some problems with groins that apparently affects his play.
No points in the second game of Slavia Prague team for Roman Cervenka, although he had some chances and hit the post.

#6 BobbyB12

BobbyB12

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Couple games of Prague Lion KHL team, no points for Jiri Hudler. It is reported that he has some problems with groins that apparently affects his play.
No points in the second game of Slavia Prague team for Roman Cervenka, although he had some chances and hit the post.

Thanks for the updates! keep em coming.
Does the Czech league have a website ?

#7 Rosso

Rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:01 AM

here it is http://www.hokej.cz/,just use google translate next

Also while i'm here,there is a rumor that Matt Stajan could play in Europe for a while now.The news is coming from his parents homeland Slovenia,the club is Telemach Olimpija wich playes in austrian international league EBEL.But the biggest problem is contract insurance.

I'll keep you posted if the deal works out.

#8 FlamesCzeched

FlamesCzeched

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Roman Cervenka missed one game due to cold. He was back today and Slavia Prague won again. He scored the game winning goal on a penalty shot.

#9 FlamesCzeched

FlamesCzeched

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

Some statistics from Czech Elite League:
Roman Cervenka - 3 games - 2G, 2A = 4 points

There is again Jaromir Jagr playing with Tomas Plekanec on the same team. It worked so well at the World Championship 2011 and it's obviously working again (I guess Montreal fans can regret that the rumors about Jagr joinig Plekanec in Montreal never materialized).
Plekance - 4 games - 6G, 5A = 11 points
Jagr - 4 games - 2G, 6A = 8 points.

Erik Christensen (Edmonton native, Minesota Wild in NHL) playing in KHL for Prague Lion - scored hattrick in their last game.

#10 FlamesCzeched

FlamesCzeched

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Slavia Prague finished another game. They won 5:2 playing on the road against Pardubice (that is where Hasek is from).
Roman Cervenka had 1 goal and 2 assists.
It looks like he's finally healthy and playing great. Previous three games he was fighting flu/cold, even had to miss one of those games.

#11 Rosso

Rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

Cervenka could move to Lev Prague (the KHL team) according to czech sport site.

#12 s4xon

s4xon

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

For those of you wanting to watch some international hockey. This is the best site. The site is Russian, but has a full English script (there are also 11 other languages). I use this for most Flames games too.
You will have to figure out the time zone difference with google for the games, and when they are live, there is a bold red "LIVE" underneath the link. Cheers :)

http://livetv.ru/en/...comingsports/2/

Ps. If you are bored, they have every other sport from F1 to UFC. (Even ping pong :o )

#13 Tirosho24

Tirosho24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Cervenka could move to Lev Prague (the KHL team) according to czech sport site.

I read this is because Hudler got hurt Source

Is this true? If it is, do you know how bad it is?

#14 CastleMania

CastleMania

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

I read this is because Hudler got hurt Source

Is this true? If it is, do you know how bad it is?

If a player is injured playing in a different league does the nhl team have to pay their salary when they return?

#15 Tirosho24

Tirosho24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

If a player is injured playing in a different league does the nhl team have to pay their salary when they return?

They can suspend them without pay until they are back to 100%, which is why the players need insurance on their contracts when playing elsewhere.

#16 FlamesCzeched

FlamesCzeched

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Jiri Hudler has some problems with groins. He's not with Lev Prague anymore, they agreed to finish the contract. He chose to do rehab and get healthy instead of keep playing and make it worse.
They still say that Roman Cervenka may come play for Lev Prague in KHL. But the coach of Slavia Prague (BTW it's Vladimir Ruzicka - he played in NHL for Edmonton - one of the smartest Czech hockey players ever) says they will not let him go before October 15. He also wants to talk to Roman and try to keep him past October 15 as he is a key player for Slavia Prague now.
In the last game Slavia Prague won, Roman Cervenka had 1 assist.

#17 FlamesCzeched

FlamesCzeched

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Slavia Prague just won a game in Kladno (Jagr, Plekanec, Tlusty, Zidlicku and Kaberle playing for Kladno during the lock-out). They won 3:2, Cervenka scored one goal and had two assists.
Two best players on the ice - Cervenka and Sobotka (St. Louis Blues), both Slavia Prague, both 1+2.

#18 gsp393

gsp393

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Slavia Prague just won a game in Kladno (Jagr, Plekanec, Tlusty, Zidlicku and Kaberle playing for Kladno during the lock-out). They won 3:2, Cervenka scored one goal and had two assists.
Two best players on the ice - Cervenka and Sobotka (St. Louis Blues), both Slavia Prague, both 1+2.

So i would guess kladno is one of the leagues top teams?

#19 FlamesCzeched

FlamesCzeched

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Kladno was first two games ago. but now they lost two in a row and fell to 5th place. But I believe these were first two games they lost since Jagr and others started playing for them. I thing they won first six games prior these two.
Slavia sits currently at 8th place.

#20 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,087 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

Kladno was first two games ago. but now they lost two in a row and fell to 5th place. But I believe these were first two games they lost since Jagr and others started playing for them. I thing they won first six games prior these two.
Slavia sits currently at 8th place.

Thanks again for the updates...

We do appreciate it...