Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlamesCzeched

Nhl Players Playing In Europe

81 posts in this topic

Hey, I just thought I would let Flames fans know that Roman Cervenka just finished his first game with Slavia Prague at Czech Elite League. They played against Kladno Knights and won 3:2. He ended up with 1 goal (scored in 3rd minute of 1st period) and two assists. I would say "Not Bad" especially when you consider that on the other team played Jagr, Plekanec and Tlusty as their top line with Marek Zidlicky on defence. Hopefully we will get a chance to see Roman soon in Flames jersey.

1 person likes this

Couple games of Prague Lion KHL team, no points for Jiri Hudler. It is reported that he has some problems with groins that apparently affects his play.

No points in the second game of Slavia Prague team for Roman Cervenka, although he had some chances and hit the post.

Couple games of Prague Lion KHL team, no points for Jiri Hudler. It is reported that he has some problems with groins that apparently affects his play.

No points in the second game of Slavia Prague team for Roman Cervenka, although he had some chances and hit the post.

Thanks for the updates! keep em coming.

Does the Czech league have a website ?

here it is http://www.hokej.cz/,just use google translate next

Also while i'm here,there is a rumor that Matt Stajan could play in Europe for a while now.The news is coming from his parents homeland Slovenia,the club is Telemach Olimpija wich playes in austrian international league EBEL.But the biggest problem is contract insurance.

I'll keep you posted if the deal works out.

Some statistics from Czech Elite League:

Roman Cervenka - 3 games - 2G, 2A = 4 points

There is again Jaromir Jagr playing with Tomas Plekanec on the same team. It worked so well at the World Championship 2011 and it's obviously working again (I guess Montreal fans can regret that the rumors about Jagr joinig Plekanec in Montreal never materialized).

Plekance - 4 games - 6G, 5A = 11 points

Jagr - 4 games - 2G, 6A = 8 points.

Erik Christensen (Edmonton native, Minesota Wild in NHL) playing in KHL for Prague Lion - scored hattrick in their last game.

Slavia Prague finished another game. They won 5:2 playing on the road against Pardubice (that is where Hasek is from).

Roman Cervenka had 1 goal and 2 assists.

It looks like he's finally healthy and playing great. Previous three games he was fighting flu/cold, even had to miss one of those games.

For those of you wanting to watch some international hockey. This is the best site. The site is Russian, but has a full English script (there are also 11 other languages). I use this for most Flames games too.

You will have to figure out the time zone difference with google for the games, and when they are live, there is a bold red "LIVE" underneath the link. Cheers :)

http://livetv.ru/en/allupcomingsports/2/

Ps. If you are bored, they have every other sport from F1 to UFC. (Even ping pong :o )

Cervenka could move to Lev Prague (the KHL team) according to czech sport site.

I read this is because Hudler got hurt Source

Is this true? If it is, do you know how bad it is?

I read this is because Hudler got hurt Source

Is this true? If it is, do you know how bad it is?

If a player is injured playing in a different league does the nhl team have to pay their salary when they return?

If a player is injured playing in a different league does the nhl team have to pay their salary when they return?

They can suspend them without pay until they are back to 100%, which is why the players need insurance on their contracts when playing elsewhere.

Jiri Hudler has some problems with groins. He's not with Lev Prague anymore, they agreed to finish the contract. He chose to do rehab and get healthy instead of keep playing and make it worse.

They still say that Roman Cervenka may come play for Lev Prague in KHL. But the coach of Slavia Prague (BTW it's Vladimir Ruzicka - he played in NHL for Edmonton - one of the smartest Czech hockey players ever) says they will not let him go before October 15. He also wants to talk to Roman and try to keep him past October 15 as he is a key player for Slavia Prague now.

In the last game Slavia Prague won, Roman Cervenka had 1 assist.

Slavia Prague just won a game in Kladno (Jagr, Plekanec, Tlusty, Zidlicku and Kaberle playing for Kladno during the lock-out). They won 3:2, Cervenka scored one goal and had two assists.

Two best players on the ice - Cervenka and Sobotka (St. Louis Blues), both Slavia Prague, both 1+2.

Slavia Prague just won a game in Kladno (Jagr, Plekanec, Tlusty, Zidlicku and Kaberle playing for Kladno during the lock-out). They won 3:2, Cervenka scored one goal and had two assists.

Two best players on the ice - Cervenka and Sobotka (St. Louis Blues), both Slavia Prague, both 1+2.

So i would guess kladno is one of the leagues top teams?

Kladno was first two games ago. but now they lost two in a row and fell to 5th place. But I believe these were first two games they lost since Jagr and others started playing for them. I thing they won first six games prior these two.

Slavia sits currently at 8th place.

Kladno was first two games ago. but now they lost two in a row and fell to 5th place. But I believe these were first two games they lost since Jagr and others started playing for them. I thing they won first six games prior these two.

Slavia sits currently at 8th place.

Thanks again for the updates...

We do appreciate it...

Thanks again for the updates...

We do appreciate it...

No problem, Carty. I hope I won't have to do it for much longer and we'll be watching NHL instead. Although I am not too sure I really believe it. But I guess you can always hope for the best.

Quite a few of us appreciate this.

If it's not to much of a chore could you add Evander Kane (with HC Dynamo Minsk) for us Winnipeg people that have our hometown Jets as 2/3 team. There are a few of us & I know I'd be happy to get your input.

No problem, Carty. I hope I won't have to do it for much longer and we'll be watching NHL instead. Although I am not too sure I really believe it. But I guess you can always hope for the best.

All of us want the stoppage ended so we can see our players back in their NHL uniforms.

Since there are no NHL games to watch, I started to follow the german league (DEL) a bit more. Nice to see some players coming to Germany (if only for a few games). Ehrhoff (Krefeld EV), Goc and Seidenberg (Mannheim Eagles) play for their original Clubs. Jamie Benn joined the Hamburg Freezers, Daniel Briere and Claude Giroux joined Eisbären Berlin and could play this weekend.

I'm also trying to follow Backlund's play with Vasteras of the Allsvenskan (swedish 2nd league). He just finished his first game and won 4-1 against Leksands and wears Nr. 10. From what I could translate/understand from their play by play chat, he was very rusty in the 1st period (didn't play a game since earlier February), but got better as the game went on. He scored an empty net goal and added 2 assists (the second was on Patrick Berglund's game winner). He also finished a plus 3. Not bad for his first game.

EDIT

known players from Leksands: Capitals 2012 draft pick Filip Forsberg and former NHL Defenseman Mattias Timander, who played for the Bruins, Blue Jackets, Islanders and Flyers

bild6-300x203.jpg

game highlights:

Vasteras-Leksands

Since there are no NHL games to watch, I started to follow the german league (DEL) a bit more. Nice to see some players coming to Germany (if only for a few games). Ehrhoff (Krefeld EV), Goc and Seidenberg (Mannheim Eagles) play for their original Clubs. Jamie Benn joined the Hamburg Freezers, Daniel Briere and Claude Giroux joined Eisbären Berlin and could play this weekend.

I'm also trying to follow Backlund's play with Vasteras of the Allsvenskan (swedish 2nd league). He just finished his first game and won 4-1 against Leksands and wears Nr. 10. From what I could translate/understand from their play by play chat, he was very rusty in the 1st period (didn't play a game since earlier February), but got better as the game went on. He scored an empty net goal and added 2 assists (the second was on Patrick Berglund's game winner). He also finished a plus 3. Not bad for his first game.

bild6-300x203.jpg

game highlights:

Vasteras-Leksands

I really think this is what backlund needs. Just a good confidence booster.

I really think this is what backlund needs. Just a good confidence booster.

I agree, and he gets to game form. He centered the 2nd powerplay unit, but played Left Wing at even strength with Berglund on the Top Line.