SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Hudler Injured In Khl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Hokay. So, heres da Earth.

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

http://www.thefourth.../cgy121003.html

Said to be an abdominal and groin injury. Not good news for the Flames if the season starts anytime in the near future.

#2 The_People1

The_People1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 10,675 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

He got injured and his team terminated his contract?

And then asked for Cervenka to be his replacement?

I think it's Bear Dick Punch time.

#3 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Said to be an abdominal and groin injury.

So that's what happened to Hudler? :blink:

#4 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Misguided Angel

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,522 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

He got injured and his team terminated his contract?

Gosh. A player goes overseas during the dispute (showing solidarity with the NHLPA) taking a temporary job & the team that signed him doesn't just put him on LTIR until he's ready to return to his part time team or return to his real job (whichever comes 1st). :rolleyes:

I have 0 sympathy. He took a risk & not all of those pay off.

I hope he's ready when our season starts & that other NHLers take note of how easily the Euro contracts can end.

#5 jjgallow

jjgallow

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

? say wha?

#6 Rosso

Rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

The Hudler injury

Jiri Hudler has some problems with groins. He's not with Lev Prague anymore, they agreed to finish the contract. He chose to do rehab and get healthy instead of keep playing and make it worse.

#7 siliconscout

siliconscout

Champion of the Big Hit.

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

Sucks that he's one of ours for sure but I'd be happy to see at least a dozen or more similar injuries.

Maybe it will wake the players the hell up and get them to realize that they have a damned good deal going on here, even if they took the initial proposal it would be a good deal in comparison.

Sit down at the table, get to 50-50 and negotiate in all the piddly little navajo fry bread so you can play.

One thing that is important to note is that these scabs (and they are in a way scabs to their union brethren) won't have their normal insurance coverage over there. If Sid heads over and destroys a knee that is the end of his career and his NHL contract (in whatever form it may take).

#8 FlamesCzeched

FlamesCzeched

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hi guys, just want to add what I know about Hudler's injury. Rosso placed above my post from other forum that I posted yesterday (thanks Rosso) it looks like he has problems with groins. Hudler himself said that he has these kind of problems every year after he starts preparing for the season. It goes away or at least gets better as the season progresses and does not affect his play. Problem now was that he started playing much earlier than he was expecting and it got worse and to the point that he did not want to risk long term problems.
Termination of his contract seems to be a mutual agreement from both sides. They wanted to have a spot to be able to get another player from NHL (maybe Cervenka, maybe not) and he chose to rehab and get healthy for the NHL in case it starts anytime soon. It actually seems to me like a good decision on both sides.

#9 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

? say wha?

It was an "inside joke" from a gif in another thread...

Guess you had to be there... :lol:

#10 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,613 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Mike Babcock was on Fan 960 this afternoon and was asked the question what Calgary fans would like to know about Hudler.

The Hudler question starts at about 34:15 of this segment.

-Ultra competitive
-Great on PP
-Magic on shootout

Just 3 comments of many good things to say about him.

Edit: Seems the time does not show on this linked player so here is the direct link to it where the timer should show:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/960/
*scroll down to the podcasts and look for this segement*
Posted Image

#11 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,613 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Again !!!

From this article:

Jiri Hudler’s European nightmare continues.

The Calgary Flames prized off-season free-agent signee was taken to hospital Wednesday after being hit in the neck by a skate during a Czech league game.

Fortunately, the injury was minor.

“He’s got couple stitches but the blade didnt hit artery......

#12 BobbyB12

BobbyB12

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

Again !!!

From this article:

Dammn that's always a scary injury I'm glad it was only a minor cut.. I still cringe when I hear about these kinds of injury's from what happened to Clint Malarchuk.. or Rene Bourque and Richard Zednik for that matter. :ph34r:

Hudler's just not having a good time overseas!! Hopefully once the NHL is back on track he can stay healthy for us.

#13 The_People1

The_People1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 10,675 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

http://www.calgaryhe...6299/story.html

#14 Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Hokay. So, heres da Earth.

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Just saw reports of this today. He was really lucky.

#15 Canada15

Canada15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Cervanka, baerstchi, hudler all injured lately. Hudler's seems minor (thankfully). However, Sven and Roman haven't played hockey in over a month each, and I have yet to hear any news on possible return dates.

Anyone know their status? This team would be hurting if we are missing cervenka and baerstchi early in the year (if it begins Jan 12 as expected).

#16 C_worthy

C_worthy

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Cervanka, baerstchi, hudler all injured lately. Hudler's seems minor (thankfully). However, Sven and Roman haven't played hockey in over a month each, and I have yet to hear any news on possible return dates.

Anyone know their status? This team would be hurting if we are missing cervenka and baerstchi early in the year (if it begins Jan 12 as expected).

There was some talk from Ward that we might see Baertschi over the Christmas break, though obviously that didn't happen. Apparently though, he has been working out and is not far away - they are just being super cautious for obvious reasons. Seems very likely that if things got going in mid-January, that he would be ready to go.

As for Cervenka, I haven't heard anything, but I am guessing that his situation is very similar.

#17 C_worthy

C_worthy

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

^^^ Apparently Baertschi participated in full practice today

#18 Canada15

Canada15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Cervenka is still in prague. He has a blood issue or something, and they hhave been using blood thinners on him so I have been told. No one knows if he ll be able to join Flames camp if/when it begins.