Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Prospects Thread 2012-13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 another_one_bites_the_dust

another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Bill Arnold C (4th round, 108th overall - 2010) ---------------------------------------- Boston College Eagles (HockeyEast - NCAA)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Jankowski C (1st round, 21st overall - 2012) ----------------------------------- Providence Friars (HockeyEast - NCAA)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johnny Gaudreau LW (4th round, 104th overall - 2011 ---------------------------- Boston College Eagles (HockeyEast - NCAA)
Jon Gillies G (3rd round, 75th overall - 2012) ------------------------------------------ Providence Friars (HockeyEast - NCAA)
Coda Gordon LW (6th round. 165th overall - 2012) ---------------------------------- Swift Current Broncos (WHL)
Turner Elson LW (UNDRAFTED F/A) ---------------------------------------------------- Red Deer Rebels (WHL)
Brett Kulak D (4th round, 105th overall - 2012) ---------------------------------------- Vancouver Giants (WHL)
Laurent Brossoit G (6th round, 166th overall - 2011) -------------------------------- Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)
Tyler Wotherspoon D (2nd round, 57th overall - 2011) ----------------------------- Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
Patrick Sieloff D (2nd round, 42nd overall - 2012) ----------------------------------- Windsor Spitfires (OHL)
Ryan Culkin D (5th round, 124th overall - 2012) ------------------------------------- Quebec Ramparts (QMJHL
Markus Granlund C (2nd round, 45th overall - 2011) ------------------------------- HIFK Helsinki (SM-Liiga)
Joni Ortio G (6th round, 171st overall - 2009) ----------------------------------------- HIFK Helsinki (SM-Liiga)
Karri Ramo G (acquired via MTL trade) ------------------------------------------------- Avangard Omsk (KHL)
John Ramage D (4th round, 103rd overall - 2010) ----------------------------------- Wisconsin Badgers (WCHA - NCAA)
Mitch Wahl C (2nd round, 48th overall - 2008) ---------------------------------------- Utah Grizzlies (ECHL
Bryan Cameron RW (UNDRAFTED F/A) ----------------------------------------------- Utah Grizzlies (ECHL
Ryan Howse LW (3rd round, 74th overall - 2009) ------------------------------------ Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)
Matt DeBlouw C (7th round, 186th overall - 2012) ----------------------------------- Michigan State Spartans (CCHA - NCAA)
Nick Larson LW (4th round, 108th overall - 2008) ----------------------------------- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (CCHA - NCAA
Mikael Backlund C (1st round, 24th overall - 2007)--------------------------------- VIK Västerås HK (Hockey Allsvenskan- SEL)

#2 wally31

wally31

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Well tonight hasn't finished yet, but...

1. Jankowski - Great first game. Two goals, and solid defensive play.
2. Sven Baertschi - Beautiful goal and assist in his first AHL game (still one period to play)
3. Jon Gillies - 2 period shut-out. Solid first game.

(Honourable mention to Ryan Culkin 1A, +3)

#3 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

#4 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

#5 wally31

wally31

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Well, I am finished, lol...I think I had my first beer before the Providence game lol!!! At least we all know the Flames prospects are KICKING chicken tikka masala!!!! Culkin? AWESOME!!!!! I am pretty sure he isn't "home alone" lolz

And Gillies did great, just didn't realize the ABBY game wasn't over yet, hahah....

GO HEAT!!!!! 10-0?????

i DON'T like how they call AKim "Alley-U" ............... I prefer is it A- LOOOOOO as in, "F-U. knock your head off!!!!!"

HAHAHAHA YES!!!

Danny Taylor was LIGHTS OUT! I did my 3 stars to early.

#6 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

#7 ali-iggy

ali-iggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

My 3 stars were

1. SVEN BAERTSCHI
1 goal, 1 assist turned the game around.

2. Coda Gordon
1 goal, 2 assists made things happen.

3. Wootherspoon
no points but had a really strong game

#8 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

[size="5"] [/size]

#9 kehatch

kehatch

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

1. Gaudreau: What Tawdge said
2. Taylor: The only reason the Heat were in it. Especially in the second.
3. Gillis: Has been unreal posting .947 1.46 in his 3 starts. Squeeked out a tie last night.

Honorable mention to Wahl who put up a 3-points and first star honors last night. Hope he dominates the ECHL and works his way back on the Heat roster post lockout.

#10 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

#11 wally31

wally31

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

#1, Sven Bärtschi (Abbotsford Heat, AHL)

And again Bärtschi takes my 1st star! He was POOR in the first. Penaltized for charging in the 2nd. And was BENCHED for the 1st 7:00 minutes of the 3rd. But he came out with HUNGER!. Knocked down Zack Kassian to start(who is 40 pounds heavier and nearly half a foot taller), followed by setting up Ben Walter on a spin-or-ama shot that made its' way through to give the Heat a 2-1 lead. THEN, a WICKED rebound off the boards and awesome vision by Sven, and another howitizer to give the Heat a 3-1 lead. LOVE THE HUNGER IN THE KID! Very much resembles the hunger in a young Iginla!

#2, Johnny Gaudreau (Boston College, NCAA)

I think this kid is for REAL folks. ANOTHER goal and assist, in back to back games! En route to a 3-0 Boston College victory! He had 6 of Boston College's 27 shots on net, and he also earned 1st star in that game.

#3, Roman Horak (Abbotsford Heat, AHL)

Finds the back of the net YET AGAIN! and a BEAUTY of a play to finish off the Wolves 4-1. Erixon who? As of now, an Erixon straight up for Horak would be a steal for the Flames, but hey, throw in Byron and Granlund in the mix, it is VERY hard to say the Flames lost that one. Horak is VERY skilled, and although, there may have been a better player for 3rd star in one of the leagues, I think Horak deserves the mention!

Horak has been really good. I hope he keeps this up. I think he was in a little above his head last year. This is a good transition time, where he can get top minutes, make mistkaes, and gain confidence.

As for the Erixon trade, Byron was never a part of it. That was in the Buffalo/Regehr trade.

Erixon was Horak + two 2nd round picks (Granlund / Wortherspoon)

It's nice to see Calgary shutting up the haters that said "we have no good prospects."

#12 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,062 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Horak has been really good. I hope he keeps this up. I think he was in a little above his head last year. This is a good transition time, where he can get top minutes, make mistkaes, and gain confidence.

As for the Erixon trade, Byron was never a part of it. That was in the Buffalo/Regehr trade.

Erixon was Horak + two 2nd round picks (Granlund / Wortherspoon)

It's nice to see Calgary shutting up the haters that said "we have no good prospects."

I have always liked and had high hopes for Horak. He like Sven has an inner smarts for the game. I was hoping to see the two play together to see if they could/develop some chemistry. Unfortunately they are on different lines and they are testing Horak playing wing instead of at center this season. I'll leave Horak penciled in as my Flames future 3rd line center with some upside for now.

#13 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

#14 Pyromancer

Pyromancer

Prospects - Put The Old Guys Out To Pasture

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Excellent work on keeping us informed about the Flame prospects.
It helps a person remain guardedly enthusiastic about the Flame's future.

I've finallly hit a point of apathy with respect to reading the trials & tribulations of the NHL-NHLPA CBA squabble.
No more opening up the sports sections 1st in the local rags or going to the NHL section on TSN-SN-ESPN-THN websites.

The NHLPA is fighting for the future of these prospects and their endangered ability to earn a decent living when they make the show. Many won't. Minimum AHL wage this year is $42K. ECHL minimum wage is $380-425 per week. Perhaps the NHLPA should share the wealth.......... :rolleyes:

#15 CastleMania

CastleMania

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Where is Ferland playing?

#16 kehatch

kehatch

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Where is Ferland playing?

The Heat. Healthy scratch so far. Came to camp out of shape by most accounts.

#17 CastleMania

CastleMania

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

The Heat. Healthy scratch so far. Came to camp out of shape by most accounts.

Thanks bud.

#18 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

#19 wally31

wally31

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Patrick Sieloff looked good last night too... 1goal +3. Love the direction the Flames are heading in!

#20 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:17 PM