s4xon

Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau

16 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. How many points will Johnny Hockey score in his sophomore season?

• 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • 80-90
    • 90-100
    • 100+

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,397 posts in this topic

I think they will sign Gaudreau to get the deal done as well as to entice Arnold and Agostino to sign.  The best thing for the Flames might be to wait.  But sometimes the best thing for the Flames is to treat the player right.  In this case it is treating him like a AAA prospect and just getting the deal done.  

They can sign him as soon as his season is done, but have it so that the contract doesn't kick in till next season. I would assume that that is what they will do with Agostino and Arnold so that they can finish their degrees.  Anaheim did a  similar thing last year when signing Antoine Laganiere.

They can sign him as soon as his season is done, but have it so that the contract doesn't kick in till next season. I would assume that that is what they will do with Agostino and Arnold so that they can finish their degrees. Anaheim did a similar thing last year when signing Antoine Laganiere.

The best prospects usually get that deal that kicks in a year early. I am with you and would like to maximize the ELC. I am just saying that based on the calibre of the prospect they may choose to throw him a bone by burning a year on his ELC for him. It is almost expected and Feaster even hinted to it. Burke isn't Feaster though so we shall see.

The best prospects usually get that deal that kicks in a year early. I am with you and would like to maximize the ELC. I am just saying that based on the calibre of the prospect they may choose to throw him a bone by burning a year on his ELC for him. It is almost expected and Feaster even hinted to it. Burke isn't Feaster though so we shall see.

I agree we should respect him as a top prospect and sign him as soon as possible, even if it burns up one year on his ELC.  Last thing you want is him to change his mind and decide to play out his final year at college.  The period between now and the end of the season is leaving too much time for him to waver.

I agree we should respect him as a top prospect and sign him as soon as possible, even if it burns up one year on his ELC.  Last thing you want is him to change his mind and decide to play out his final year at college.  The period between now and the end of the season is leaving too much time for him to waver.

Could you guys imagine him on the Heat right now, I would throw my money at burke for a chance to see Johnny Hockey playing with the Heat for their play-off run.

It would be the perfect bar to set for him aswell, expecting him to make a impact on the team in a play-off atmosphere. With that under his belt he would come back to summer camp knowing his teammates and how things are done.

Not only that, if he turns out a bust, his entry level contract would mean squat anyway. The only time you don't sign a guy is when they're not ready. In this case, you sign him to see if he is ready… 

Not only that, if he turns out a bust, his entry level contract would mean squat anyway. The only time you don't sign a guy is when they're not ready. In this case, you sign him to see if he is ready… 

Great point. Sign him right away to see what he can do and where he is at. I think he will play a handful of games in the NHL to keep his appetite healthy, and a good test will be the playoff run in Abby. (My gut tells me he has the maturity to handle the AHL right now). After that, you will have a good sense of what he can do. I wonder who his linemates would be?

That's a fair way to treat a top prospect.

Would it work to have Johnny line up with monahan and colborne next year? Or is that not enough protection and leadership for him to come into? Provided he makes the team, more a theoretical question.

Depends who you are playing against. Most top 2 lines are not really physical with the exception of our division and clubs like Bosto. Philly type teams .When you play a non physical style team that combo could be satisfactory. The protective side could also come from the defense too. I would prefer he be with a vet like that has physical presence and offensive upside, we don't have that guy right now with Mono and Colburne. 

Would it work to have Johnny line up with monahan and colborne next year? Or is that not enough protection and leadership for him to come into? Provided he makes the team, more a theoretical question.

The type of player that you described here, also describes one of the holes that need to be filled by a player that the Flames have yet to either acquire or develop in order to once again become a competitive team that could then be considered a contender...

That said, I would sure like to see Gaudreau in training camp and then in some exhibition games to see how he can compete at the NHL level...

Highly doubt Gaudreau is not in the Frozen Four this year, that means he wont be a Flame. Personally I think he should just finish his collage time. Either way hes 2 years in my mind away from being NHL ready at least. 

Been quiet on the Johnny hockey talk, so ill spark it again, he's made it to a 28 game point streak! This kid is unreal, cant wait to see him in the Hockey East Tournament, and Frozen Four.

- Boston College matched the longest unbeaten streak of the Jerry York era with a 2-2 tie at UMass Lowell on Saturday night. The Eagles won 19-consecutive games, culminating with the 2012 national title, from Jan. 27 to April 7, 2012. BC’s current 19-game streak (17-0-2) started on Dec. 6, 2013. Both 19-game unbeaten streaks started with victories over New Hampshire. 

Johnny Gaudreau extended his point streak to 28 games, scoring 26 goals and 29 assists (55 points) in the midst of the spell. Gaudreau is three games shy of matching Paul Kariya’s 31-game point streak he posted during the 1992-93 season when Maine went 42-1-1.  The Carneys Point, N.J., native has been held scoreless in only one game this season (Minnesota – Oct. 27). 

Johnny Gaudreau has scored a power play goal in his last four outings and now has 18 for his career. Gauedreau has scored 35 goals this season and is one tally shy of matching Austin Smith’s (Colgate – 2011-12) and Matt Frattin’s (Niagara – 2010-11) totals from prior seasons

For the third time this season, Boston College winger Johnny Gaudreau has earned Hockey East Player of the Month honours.

The Calgary Flames prospect racked up 12 points (6 goals, 6 assists) in eight games in February and extended his point streak to 28 games. He also scored goals in five straight games last month.

The Carneys Point, NJ native's point streak now sits at 29 games and is just two games shy of the Hockey East record, which was set by Paul Kariya in 1992. Gaudreau leads the NCAA in scoring with 64 points (30 goals, 34 assists) in 34 games. He is averaging 1.88 points-per-game this year, is one of just six collegiate players who have scored six game-winning goals, and is fifth in the nation with nine power play markers.

After scoring a power play goal last Saturday against Notre Dame, the 20-year-old moved into a tie for 20th all-time in the Boston College scoring record books. In 113 games, Gaudreau has potted for 159 points (72-87-159), tying Steve Heinze (1988-91). He is also tied for 17th, all-time, in goals scored (72).

1 person likes this

For the third time this season, Boston College winger Johnny Gaudreau has earned Hockey East Player of the Month honours.

The Calgary Flames prospect racked up 12 points (6 goals, 6 assists) in eight games in February and extended his point streak to 28 games. He also scored goals in five straight games last month.

The Carneys Point, NJ native's point streak now sits at 29 games and is just two games shy of the Hockey East record, which was set by Paul Kariya in 1992. Gaudreau leads the NCAA in scoring with 64 points (30 goals, 34 assists) in 34 games. He is averaging 1.88 points-per-game this year, is one of just six collegiate players who have scored six game-winning goals, and is fifth in the nation with nine power play markers.

After scoring a power play goal last Saturday against Notre Dame, the 20-year-old moved into a tie for 20th all-time in the Boston College scoring record books. In 113 games, Gaudreau has potted for 159 points (72-87-159), tying Steve Heinze (1988-91). He is also tied for 17th, all-time, in goals scored (72).

(Insert musical note here) Go, Go! Go Johnny Go! Go, Go! Johnny Be Good.

If he's anything like Kariya, which is a fair comparison, they need to sign him ASAP. I hope he breaks the record as it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Absolutely.  We can't afford to lose him imho.

Unless, of course, we trade his rights.  That could also be acceptable, but could burn us in the long term.

We need to lose some LWs at the trade deadline.  Preferably veterans.

That said, some will argue that Baertschi and Gaudreau makes for a very small LW in our future, so there is an arguement for trading them for prospects at other positions or larger prospects.

But at the end of the day, we need to sign Gaudreau or trade his rights.  I just don't thinking leaving it until the last year is a practical or a fair option.

Absolutely.  We can't afford to lose him imho.

Unless, of course, we trade his rights.  That could also be acceptable, but could burn us in the long term.

We need to lose some LWs at the trade deadline.  Preferably veterans.

That said, some will argue that Baertschi and Gaudreau makes for a very small LW in our future, so there is an arguement for trading them for prospects at other positions or larger prospects.

But at the end of the day, we need to sign Gaudreau or trade his rights.  I just don't thinking leaving it until the last year is a practical or a fair option.

Need to convert some LW to RW, maybe.  I don't know that it is essential that we start trading assets before we have a better idea of their ceiling.  Garnlund is a good example.  He may end up being as valuable as his brother, and even though we have lots of centers on the Heat and Flames, it might be crazy to trade him. 

Need to convert some LW to RW, maybe.  I don't know that it is essential that we start trading assets before we have a better idea of their ceiling.  Garnlund is a good example.  He may end up being as valuable as his brother, and even though we have lots of centers on the Heat and Flames, it might be crazy to trade him. 

Yes this makes sense. Hudler can also play right wing and Stempniak is now a Pen. I am assuming the Flames are going to let Cammalleri try free agency and either try to sign him or let him walk. Maybe try to get a pick for his rights to sign with another team prior to the draft? The door is open for one of the Flames talented prospects to earn a legitimate shot for next year. Unless of course, we sign a couple of free agents in the off season. For Gaudreau, this looks promising and the Flames would be more than happy to let him think that way in the short term. I hope it works out well...

Calgary had another small player in our system once upon a time. We traded him due to his size.

He just won an Olympic Gold Medal and is the reigning Art Ross Winner.

Any ideas?  <_<

Sign this kid!

Calgary had another small player in our system once upon a time. We traded him due to his size.

He just won an Olympic Gold Medal and is the reigning Art Ross Winner.

Any ideas?  <_<

Sign this kid!

Did we actually trade St. Louis? Or didn't we just let him go for nothing?

Granlund also could look pretty good on a wing. He doesn't shy away from traffic and has the smarts to play both C or W.

Did we actually trade St. Louis? Or didn't we just let him go for nothing?

As per Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_st_louis)...

"The Flames exposed him in the 2000 NHL Expansion Draft, but after he went unselected, the team bought out his contract and made him an unrestricted free agent."

(/thread_hijack)

As per Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_st_louis)...

"The Flames exposed him in the 2000 NHL Expansion Draft, but after he went unselected, the team bought out his contract and made him an unrestricted free agent."

(/thread_hijack)

When you play a promising undersized offensive forward on limited 4th line minutes with Sandy McCarthy, then release him on the basis he wasn't producing offensively, then you deserve to get screwed.

When you play a promising undersized offensive forward on limited 4th line minutes with Sandy McCarthy, then release him on the basis he wasn't producing offensively, then you deserve to get screwed.

I was looking at St. Louis' stats last night.  It's laughable that his point production wasn't good enough for the Flames, and most of the rest of the leauge.  Those numbers now would be considered a top end prospect.  Despite better goaltending in the league these days, it's funny how things change.

18ac19fd936b31e1f34bb90d847f79b7.png

The only player on the Heat that is over a PPG is Ben Street, and he's no comparable.  :lol:

He also played on the 1st line with Theo Fleury but was quickly demoted because he didn't play to their expectations.

Evwn though he has mostly said all the right things about calgary, is anybody else a tad worried that he was quoted recently as saying he hadnt yet made up his mind regarding his final year of college? Im still of the opinion if he doesnt sign at the end of the season he needs to be traded

Evwn though he has mostly said all the right things about calgary, is anybody else a tad worried that he was quoted recently as saying he hadnt yet made up his mind regarding his final year of college? Im still of the opinion if he doesnt sign at the end of the season he needs to be traded

I think that's a scenario where you would offer him up at the draft to improve your draft position. I could see Burke making that call.

However, I still believe Johnny doesn't want to be known as one of 'those' guys who stiffed the team that drafted them.  It's not a great label to have going into your career.  Especially since the most recent person who did has ended up in the Bermuda triangle of suck in Northern Alberta and haphazardly has almost killed his own career.

I think that's a scenario where you would offer him up at the draft to improve your draft position. I could see Burke making that call.

However, I still believe Johnny doesn't want to be known as one of 'those' guys who stiffed the team that drafted them.  It's not a great label to have going into your career.  Especially since the most recent person who did has ended up in the Bermuda triangle of suck in Northern Alberta and haphazardly has almost killed his own career.

Agreed..I do believe he signs...I even believe if for some silly reason he does go back for one more year it's with full intention of signing with calgary afterwards (as opposed to pulling a schultz).. but if he does go back, we can't gamble that, hes gotta be moved. Youre right, I believe the draft is his deadline day to sign