The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
s4xon

Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau

16 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many points will Johnny Hockey score in his sophomore season?

• 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • 80-90
    • 90-100
    • 100+

I am actually hoping to see a line of (drool) Johnny - Bennett - Poirier. Me likey. Bennet will actually have a harder time on that line, not because of the speed, but because of playing with an edge. He has to be stronger to be effective in that role.

Future line of Sven - Monahan - Colborne works for me. Or Raymond in Sven's place. 3rd line could be Raymond - Granlund - Ferland. 4th could be Bouma - Backlund - Jooris. That is a few years away, but man that could be 4 lines of scoring.

I have been wanting the Bennit Poirer combo since we started talkimg about last summers draft, cant think of another line in hockey that can bring that much potential speed, skill and grit to the ice.

I am actually hoping to see a line of (drool) Johnny - Bennett - Poirier. Me likey. Bennet will actually have a harder time on that line, not because of the speed, but because of playing with an edge. He has to be stronger to be effective in that role.

Future line of Sven - Monahan - Colborne works for me. Or Raymond in Sven's place. 3rd line could be Raymond - Granlund - Ferland. 4th could be Bouma - Backlund - Jooris. That is a few years away, but man that could be 4 lines of scoring.

If this is what we have in 4 years and they are peaking at that time? Oh man, playoffs for years!

If this is what we have in 4 years and they are peaking at that time? Oh man, playoffs for years!

In 4 years these guys are just entering their prime, or on the upswing.

Saw this earlier tonight. Supposedly at the West Edmonton Mall? That kid could move even back then. End to end rush. :)

Read an article in the Herald about Fleury's view of Johnny Hockey. Kind of made me smile.

I love this guy! I love how he is proving everyone wrong yet again! 

I think he is our best forward with the highest ceiling right now. I haven't seen enough of Bennett to make a judgement but based on what I've seen so far, he is the best we have going forward.

Don't get me wrong, I love they guys we have, and Moneyhands is awesome but no one IMHO can touch this kid for pure talent.

I think he is our best forward with the highest ceiling right now. I haven't seen enough of Bennett to make a judgement but based on what I've seen so far, he is the best we have going forward.

Don't get me wrong, I love they guys we have, and Moneyhands is awesome but no one IMHO can touch this kid for pure talent.

Hey, don't say everyone. :)  I have been one of his biggest supporters through his college career and his pre-season and early season.  My biggest fear was that Hartley would not let him make his case with PP time and extended minutes.  Glad Hartley is a fan too.

I was skeptical before the season began and even 5-games in, it looked like Gaudreau should go to the AHL. He sat in the press box for one game and quickly realized the amount of room he has out there.  When he returned the to line-up, he was a different player.  Talk about a fast learner.

Kudos to John Weisbrod and Tod Button for willing to draft the undersized skilled kid playing outside of Canada.  2011 looks like a great draft year with Baertschi, Granlund, Wotherspoon, Gaudreau, and Brossoit.

I kinda agree but I think Gaudreau is projected to be only as good as Setoguchi or less.

I kinda agree but I think Gaudreau is projected to be only as good as Setoguchi or less.

What in the... We have our first Setoguchi supporter here!

I was skeptical before the season began and even 5-games in, it looked like Gaudreau should go to the AHL. He sat in the press box for one game and quickly realized the amount of room he has out there.  When he returned the to line-up, he was a different player.  Talk about a fast learner.

Kudos to John Weisbrod and Tod Button for willing to draft the undersized skilled kid playing outside of Canada.  2011 looks like a great draft year with Baertschi, Granlund, Wotherspoon, Gaudreau, and Brossoit.

Weisbrod was hired after Johnny was drafted. He was hired Jun 27, 2011, after the draft.

Did you guys know that Johnny is *knock on wood* on pace for a 50 goal rookie season. That's calder territory right there.

Did you guys know that Johnny is *knock on wood* on pace for a 50 goal rookie season. That's calder territory right there.

I think you mean 50 point season.  But "some" of us have been thinking he might be closer to his NHLE of 67 points, which is Calder worthy.  NHLE is a conversion factor from lesser league to NHL, based on historical evidence, number of games, etc.  Not necessarily accurate, but Kariya was scoring like Johnny in the NCAA.  Paul had 39 points in 47 games in his rookie year, followed by 108 points in 82 in his 2nd year.  Different hockey world back then, but Johnny has shown he can score points in the NHL; currently his PPG is around 0.67, which is at a pace to produce 54 points.  And that takes into account being held off the scoresheet for multiple games to start the season.

If Johnny can get anywhere close to 54, that is amazing.  I'm not going to hold my breath and expect it, but evry day his game improves and he keeps putting up points, adding take-aways, and having no penalties, is just plain gravy.

The kid has talent but i think his best quality is he is grounded. Good players with fat heads get lost after awhile much like Sven. Johnny is always looking striving to improve. Great players with hunger to improve, turn into stars, he is in this category.

I hope he gets past the flu soon, he seems really out of sorts the past two games. 

The kid has talent but i think his best quality is he is grounded. Good players with fat heads get lost after awhile much like Sven. Johnny is always looking striving to improve. Great players with hunger to improve, turn into stars, he is in this category.

I hope he gets past the flu soon, he seems really out of sorts the past two games. 

Yes, he was less than stellar in Tampa; only had one assist and missed the second one by inches. ;)

Yes, he was less than stellar in Tampa; only had one assist and missed the second one by inches. ;)

He just made some decision's and plays that he normally would not do if not under the weather was my point. I stated in another thread a sick JH is far better than a Healthy Grats in the line up.

He just made some decision's and plays that he normally would not do if not under the weather was my point. I stated in another thread a sick JH is far better than a Healthy Grats in the line up.

Just raggin' on ya man.  I noticed the same lack of finish.

It's still possible that he'll hit 50 goals. Watch him get going at some point and score 2-3 goals per game. lol.

How dare he only get 1 point.  Feeling under the weather isn't an excuse,and its a piss poor one at that.  For shame.

How dare he only get 1 point.  Feeling under the weather isn't an excuse,and its a piss poor one at that.  For shame.

Yeah, man. 10 points in 15 career NHL games, Talk about a plug. I think we should sit him for a few games. Teach him a lesson. We can't have this kind of laziness. I don't care if you puke on the ice, you finish the play.

• Like 1

I guess he made up for it today with 3 points? :)

• Like 1

I'm so mad I had to work overtime couldnt even watch the game...

Nice to see him make up for last game :P

That's more like it, but he'd better shed that lazy attitude.