The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
s4xon

Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau

16 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many points will Johnny Hockey score in his sophomore season?

• 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • 80-90
    • 90-100
    • 100+

Is Mony still billeting, or does he have his own place yet?  Maybe he needs a roommate?

I think him and Bouma are roommates. One of the guys joked that Bouma's cooking was what made Monahan sick (when he had the flu to start the season).

As far as Gaudreau, wonder if Hudler would take him in like he did Monahan last season. If not I'm sure Gio wouldn't be a bad fit for any of our young guys to billet with.

S4, I would have thought you would get the obvious sarcasm, since we had going back and forth with it for the previous few replies. Next time I will use the winky. ;)

That was sarcasm.....   lol.

I think him and Bouma are roommates. One of the guys joked that Bouma's cooking was what made Monahan sick (when he had the flu to start the season).

As far as Gaudreau, wonder if Hudler would take him in like he did Monahan last season. If not I'm sure Gio wouldn't be a bad fit for any of our young guys to billet with.

It's a bit much to ask a player and his wife to take in a player like that. Hudler went above and beyond.

Besides, if the Hudler's have any small children, they might be bigger that Johnny Hockey. ;)

According to Eric Francis (blech).....

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions · 54m54 minutes ago

If you missed it..@EricFrancis says Johnny Gaudreau has been told by #Flames to get a permanent residence. No surprise. He is here to stay.

According to Eric Francis (blech).....

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions · 54m54 minutes ago

If you missed it..@EricFrancis says Johnny Gaudreau has been told by #Flames to get a permanent residence. No surprise. He is here to stay.

Francis stated on TV in the second intermission he will be roommates with Kris Russel.

Johnny Gaudreau staying in Calgary - calgarysun.com

Was there any doubt in anybody's minds given what he has done after he was made to sit in the corner for one game.

Johnny Hockey - May your stay in Calgary be long & prosperous. :)

The only doubt may have been in Johnny's mind. He always said that he needed to keep proving himself, because it's a daily evaluation of players. I think I had way more confidence in the "kid" than he did. It's easy to forget who the other #13's were. I wonder how many #13 jerseys will be in the stands this year.

Martin Simard

Shawn Heaphy

German Titov

Mike Cammalleri

Olli JokinenPost-and-not-in ?

Give it some time (or beer) and those names will fade from memory. ;)

Cammi was one of my faves while he was here (both times), but he screwed us over twice.  Bu-bye.

Olli was snakebitten by his own number. Just can't get used to seeing him with long hair. :blink:

German, well he is of an era I choose to forget. :ph34r:

Sorry, don't know the other guys; wasn't a Flames fan much before 88.

Simard - 1990/91 - 1992/93 - 44 NHL games, 1 goal, 5 assists.

Heaphy - 1992/93 - 1 NHL game, 0 points.

Hard to believe I could ever forget such impactfull players. ;)

Wasn't Simard a singer from Quebec?

I don't even remember them in the 90's.  They must have been Young Plugs.

Check out @AAVickers's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AAVickers/status/533342473997651968?s=09

Apparently rooming with Monahan and Bouma is an option for Gaudreau as well.

Russell didn't exactly sound thrilled about it, but he is a team guy.

Either Mony or Booms would be good guys.  Quiet leaders, mature.  Johnny sounds like he wants to have a roomy.  Think he may be a bit shy about living in Calgary by himself.  University is one thing, pro hockey is something else. Besides, meals with either of those guys will probably result in him gaining about 20 pounds.

Been awhile since this thread got bumped, and seeing as he just got his first official hat trick.
With that 3 point night in the books, Looks like it's going to be a battle for the rest of year between Filip Forsberg for the Calder.

Who did Johnny end up with for a roommate?

He played another great game, and fortunately he has started to shoot the puck in the last couple of games instead of the inevitable, but great pass to an open player. A few games ago it was getting so frustrating him passing up a glorious opportunity himself to dish it off. Normally I wouldn't care as the feeds would likely lead to goals, but others have been cold as of late and he has a great shot himself. The scoring the past two games seems redemption of him being a bit more "selfish" than he has previously.

Great game last night, I believe his first multi-goal game and first(?) 3-point night?

• Like 1

Been awhile since this thread got bumped, and seeing as he just got his first official hat trick.

With that 3 point night in the books, Looks like it's going to be a battle for the rest of year between Filip Forsberg for the Calder.

Who did Johnny end up with for a roommate?

I believe Gaudreau and Jooris ended up as roommates.

He played another great game, and fortunately he has started to shoot the puck in the last couple of games instead of the inevitable, but great pass to an open player. A few games ago it was getting so frustrating him passing up a glorious opportunity himself to dish it off. Normally I wouldn't care as the feeds would likely lead to goals, but others have been cold as of late and he has a great shot himself. The scoring the past two games seems redemption of him being a bit more "selfish" than he has previously.

Great game last night, I believe his first multi-goal game and first(?) 3-point night?

His third goal was a pass to the slot that got re-directed (or a masterful plan to bank it in). He still will pass unless he has some room to skate.  I would prefer he pass to the middle instead of from the middle of the ice.  If Hartley keeps Johnny with Mony and Hudler, that could be the start of the ultimate scoring line. In all fairness to Jooris, he isn't as gifted a finisher as Monahan, and is a bit smaller is size.  Mony can go to the blue paint and stay there.

What can you say about this kid? He is getting more rounded each game. His is not just taking the puck away, but playing really well without the puck on backchecks or D-zone play.  4v4 he is finding that extra gear.  Powerplays allow him options now, not just passing but shooting.

Hudler and Johnny know each others moves to a T.  That chemistry is going to do wonders for this team. 

I can't believe I missed that game! I had been awake for 25 hours and crashed. I couldn't wake up for the game.

I can't believe I missed that game! I had been awake for 25 hours and crashed. I couldn't wake up for the game.

Don't worry, there will be more games where Johnny is as dynamic as he was last night. It's also not the first time that the Flames scored 2 with the goalie pulled. Probably won't be the last (Uggg). Johnny Hockey has games where he is the best forward on the ice, but doesn't get the points. But every time it seems that Johnny is tailing off, he turns another corner. Boom.

All I can say is watch what you can. Win or lose, you aren't wasting your time watching THE WHOLE GAME.

That is part of it, his learning curve. I think he is still learning when to shoot and pass.

Nope, his first 3 point game was November 8 in Florida. he was 1-2-3 with his goal being an empty-netter. Speaking of Johnny Hockey though, I bought some hockey cards today and picked up this beauty.

tumblr_inline_nh8afzpVHk1r4ylk0.jpg

FIRST STAR – JOHNNY GAUDREAU, LW, CALGARY FLAMES

Gaudreau led the NHL with five goals (5-0—5) and shared the League lead with a +5 rating to power the Flames (19-15-3, 41 points) to a pair of wins. He opened the week by recording a natural hat trick, his first career three-goal game, in a 4-3 come-from-behind victory over the Los Angeles Kings Dec. 22. At 21 years, 131 days, he became the youngest Flames player to post a hat trick since Dec. 28, 1987 (Joe Nieuwendyk). Gaudreau then added two goals, including the game-winning marker, in a 4-1 triumph over the Edmonton Oilers Dec. 27. The 21-year-old Salem, N.J., native and reigning Hobey Baker Memorial Award winner ranks second among rookies in goals (12), assists (17) and points (29) in 36 games this season. A fourth-round selection (104th overall) by the Flames in the 2011 NHL Draft, Gaudreau made his NHL debut on April 13 in Vancouver, scoring his first goal on his first career shot.

Amazing to see a Flames rookie get recognition.  The secret is out.  Johnny is a star in the making.