The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
s4xon

Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau

16 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many points will Johnny Hockey score in his sophomore season?

• 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • 80-90
    • 90-100
    • 100+

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

That's good news.  7 years would have been better but I guess they wanted to keep it at the GIO cap.

Wish we could have gotten a longer term, but the AAV is fantastic. Kudos goes out to Brad Treliving on getting this done and getting it done at a very good number that will help this team's salary structure for years to come.

4 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

That's not exactly the most positive sounding tweet.  Sounds like he got tired of the dealings and just wanted it over for now.  Six years and we have to go through this again.  Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic cap hit, but it makes the next deal a lot harder to agree to.  

Looks like it's official. $40.5 over 6 years. $6.75-mil-per.  

Personally, I would've wanted to buy more UFA years. $7.5 for 7-years would have been my preference. Good to have him signed for the first game of the season though.

My dad just texted me thinking it was 60.5 over 6... Maybe it's wrong... And Elliotte is right. I hope so... :)

Glad we got him signed.  6 year window for Lord Stanley it is.   If he stays healthy and remians the main man he will no doubt cash in in 6 years time.   Lots could change in that time though.

Well done BT.

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Looks like it's official. $40.5 over 6 years. $6.75-mil-per.  

Personally, I would've wanted to buy more UFA years. $7.5 for 7-years would have been my preference. Good to have him signed for the first game of the season though.

$3m signng bonus this season and $3.5m signing bonus in 2020/21, like Monahan.  That is a potential lockout year for the NHL.

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

That's not exactly the most positive sounding tweet.  Sounds like he got tired of the dealings and just wanted it over for now.  Six years and we have to go through this again.  Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic cap hit, but it makes the next deal a lot harder to agree to.  

Yeah, this is his first time really going through negotiations, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold a bill of goods from his agent that just wasn't realistic.

6 years is a long ways down the road and let's be honest, Treliving and possibly Burke probably won't be here. So it will drastically change the situation for next time.

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

Yeah, this is his first time really going through negotiations, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold a bill of goods from his agent that just wasn't realistic.

6 years is a long ways down the road and let's be honest, Treliving and possibly Burke probably won't be here. So it will drastically change the situation for next time.

I know.  Besides in 6 years, he will have way more leverage and get whatever he wants.  Gio's deal will be done then too.  

On the positive side, his deal doesn't expire the same year as Monahan's.  

The fact there is no confirmation on dollars that does concerns me but if it is 6.75 that is where it should be for his yrs of service to this point asking more was not fair to the Flames. Now after the 6 yrs he will be traded probably by march of the 6th yr unless were heavy into the play off hunt or we get players back we just can't refuse. But yeeehaa finally done time to get the ball rolling now he is on the ice it will give the BTB line a lot more room because the best players of the opposition will be hunting JM? line.

24 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

It's up on Sportsnet & TSN now.

According to General Fanager there is a $3 million signing bonus & 1 for 3.5 in 2020-21. Other years 6.75 across the board.

I see TD beat me to the bonuses.:)

So that makes it more than 7 mill a yr Wow pretty sad I hope he shows up and plays his worth and not a Jokinin type player. I know very doubtful but anything can happen

It is a relief to see Gaudreau signed...   I would have preferred to have him locked up for another year or two, but I give Treliving a lot of credit for sticking to his guns and keeping it that low for six years...

22 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

My thoughts exactly. When you're pissed at mgmt, you're doing it for your team mates and fans.

18 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Glad we got him signed.  6 year window for Lord Stanley it is.   If he stays healthy and remians the main man he will no doubt cash in in 6 years time.   Lots could change in that time though.

Well done BT.

Totally. Our window is officially open for 6 years now. Let's go get it done!

12 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

It's up on Sportsnet & TSN now.

According to General Fanager there is a $3 million signing bonus & 1 for 3.5 in 2020-21. Other years 6.75 across the board.

I see TD beat me to the bonuses.:)

The tweet he released was worrisome, since he used the word resign instead of re-sign.  I thought he finished his degree!!

:)

General Fanager was pretty quick in getting it up. 

Just now, conundrumed said:

My thoughts exactly. When you're pissed at mgmt, you're doing it for your team mates and fans.

Come on you guys, you have no idea what the sediment is between the 2 parties.

4 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

as the riverbank said.. My sediments exactly...:lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

You're right. But I can smell it. He isn't thanking the Flames owners, he's doing it for the fans and his team mates.

Good enough for me lol.

So basically he got $7.75 if you factor in the bonuses.. sounds like a heck of a compromise. Tho i agree , that initial tweet does sound like someone a bit bitter at the process.. dont know if he feels he caved , or maybe he overrode his agent and just said do it.. but we got 6 years now to figure it out 

Can we just agree BT is a god once again and be done with it ?

Restricted free agent left wing Johnny Gaudreau signed a six-year contract with the Calgary Flames on Monday. Financial terms of the contract were not released, but TSN reported an average annual value of $6.75 million, a total value of $40.5 million.