The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
s4xon

Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau

16 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many points will Johnny Hockey score in his sophomore season?

• 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • 80-90
    • 90-100
    • 100+

8 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

My only issue with Gaudreau so far this series and I thought it was better last night, but he is playing a bit scared. He looks like he is afraid to get hit, and in the playoffs you need your guys to take hits to make plays. I know that's not his game, but you have to play harder in the playoffs. 

If Gaudreau is looking over his shoulder for the hit than he isn't looking for the next play. 

That being said I agree Monahan hasn't been there to support Gaudreau offensively or defensively. 

I see it a little differently. In the end this is going to sound semantical as I think in theory we're saying the same thing but I don't see Gaudreau shying away from physical play. One thing I've also noticed is Gaudreau has been trying to retrieve pucks on dump ins frequently in this series and thst isn't his game. I don't know why the flames are insisting on dump and chase, another argument, but they are and often it's Gaudreau as the first guy in trying to retrieve pucks. 

I do agree he he doesn't look as comfortable and as confident as you'd like but I just think it stems more from him being out of his comfort zone.  I dont really see it as a shying away from contact thing. 

What I’d like him to possibly do skating into the zone is when two-three guys key on him, ring it around the boards to Lindholm. Spread them out.

19 hours ago, cross16 said:

I see it a little differently. In the end this is going to sound semantical as I think in theory we're saying the same thing but I don't see Gaudreau shying away from physical play. One thing I've also noticed is Gaudreau has been trying to retrieve pucks on dump ins frequently in this series and thst isn't his game. I don't know why the flames are insisting on dump and chase, another argument, but they are and often it's Gaudreau as the first guy in trying to retrieve pucks. 

I do agree he he doesn't look as comfortable and as confident as you'd like but I just think it stems more from him being out of his comfort zone.  I dont really see it as a shying away from contact thing. 

I definitely think Gaudreau is anticipating some hits which is rushing his decisions but I agree with you on the dump in strategy, that should be for Monahan and Lindholm going in for pucks. Lindholm does his part but the guy failing this line right now is Monahan.

Same goes for the Tkachuk line, Backlund is offering up very little support I the offense zone leaving Tkachuk and Frolik to fend for themselves.

The line of Bennett, Jankowski and Neal has been weak all season so maybe using Czarnik will spur them on, can't hurt now.

Then there is our awesome 4th line being successful with the dump in because they are prepared to do the work required to get and keep the puck.

Pretty sad when your 4th line is your best line in the playoffs.

GO FLAMES Go

18 hours ago, robrob74 said:

What I’d like him to possibly do skating into the zone is when two-three guys key on him, ring it around the boards to Lindholm. Spread them out.

the Flamers keep playing the same zone entrance they have played for the last 3/4 years.. 3 forwards move to opposing blue line with the puck.... stand still picking their nose while dropping puck backwards to d man then try to enter without going offside

• Like 1

Given a new arena on the horizon, I can’t inagine the Flames owners wanting to open a new barn without Gaudreau, I would expect in 2 summers they make him a massive offer, potentially even the highest paid player in the league to try and get him to stay. 100+mill and the opportunity to be right up there with Iggy as the greatest Flame of all time could be tempting.

Long ways away, but certainly something to think about 

11 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Given a new arena on the horizon, I can’t inagine the Flames owners wanting to open a new barn without Gaudreau, I would expect in 2 summers they make him a massive offer, potentially even the highest paid player in the league to try and get him to stay. 100+mill and the opportunity to be right up there with Iggy as the greatest Flame of all time could be tempting.

Long ways away, but certainly something to think about 

He will be gone by then IMO. I would give Gaudreau 2 more seasons here and trade him.