Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

The New Board Format Sucks Big Time

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,998 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

I sure hope this is just some Halloween temporary joke. At best this should just be an optioon. If the intention is to completely change over to this, then you have to offer the old format for the users who are used to it.

Dark Background and black type makes for much smaller looking and much harder to read posts. It is so hard to read after 3 mins I am starting to get a headache and I am being forced to squint.

I don't need this header either It is already in the drop down menus up top why redo it in each post?

Posted Image
for jumping to different areas at the top and predominant because I rarely use them if ever.

Who wants or needs to jump from posts to the blog or video section so often they need a direct link?

I'll be gone if this is permanent and I can't get the old format back.

-DD-

#2 DL44

DL44

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK.....

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,888 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

Use the mobile setting.. it bearable that way

I thought is was a temporary formatting issue... but if permanent, its brutal.

#3 ifiwaschucknorris

ifiwaschucknorris

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

This is brutal. I reloaded the page a few times thinking it was a glitch. I really hope that this is a problem with the site and not actually the new design.

#4 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Aside from this new board format being ugly to try and read, it is not user friendly at all...

Probably should have waited until April 1st to try out this new format because it is nothing more than a bad joke...

It's horrendous... Please fix it...

#5 returnofthejets

returnofthejets

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

Haven't been around here in a month or so and stop by today and this is what I see. I can't believe that this is what's intended.

#6 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Elder Statesman

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

I sure hope this is just some Halloween temporary joke. At best this should just be an optioon. If the intention is to completely change over to this, then you have to offer the old format for the users who are used to it.

Dark Background and black type makes for much smaller looking and much harder to read posts. It is so hard to read after 3 mins I am starting to get a headache and I am being forced to squint.

I don't need this header either It is already in the drop down menus up top why redo it in each post?

Posted Image
for jumping to different areas at the top and predominant because I rarely use them if ever.

Who wants or needs to jump from posts to the blog or video section so often they need a direct link?

I'll be gone if this is permanent and I can't get the old format back.

-DD-

When you go to reply the post is black lettering on white background so readable. Black on black doesn't cut it.

I'll spot check but I'm gone until the old format returns.

#7 another_one_bites_the_dust

another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Wow, this is BRUTAL! Couldn't even figure out how to comment? This is "fast reply"??? How is it faster?

Definitely a formatting issue with the script. Kinda like when you log in and put an incorrect password in. Hope this gets fixed soon!!

The IP mobile version isn't any better either. I HATE IT! Don't even use it on my phone, although for the time being, it is easier to read then this garbage!

But I supposed one could press Shift + Alt + PrtScn and make the type white by putting their computers on "high contrast". It actually looks kinda cool!!!!

#8 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

I thought there was something wrong with my computer.

In what way at all is this format better than the last one? It must be all on the programers side because this is just brutal.

#9 Robindr

Robindr

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

I honestly don't think I can come back on here anymore. This sucks and is annoying to navigate. I don't understand why they have to change what's working. Well, I don't mind a little change, but something this drastic. Too much. I hope they change it back to something closer or more user friendly. Probably a new tech wanting to put his own mark on the whole system. This is lame!

I thought my computer was off, so I restarted it.

#10 The_People1

The_People1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,221 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Sorry guys, looks like the message board skin went and exploded.

Hope its working okay (enough) now...

#11 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Elder Statesman

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

The real 1 is back.

Man, that BS was annoying. It looked as bad as a fat woman in a short skirt. :wacko:

Seems fine now. Thanks Peeps. :)

#12 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Much better... Thanks for getting that doctored up peeps...

#13 Crzydrvr

Crzydrvr

Resident Draft Junkie

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

BLUE? ON A FLAMES FORUM?????

:mad:

#14 C_worthy

C_worthy

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

BLUE? ON A FLAMES FORUM?????

:mad:

I had blue as well, though it is back to red now.

Edit: I take that back - back to blue!:huh:

#15 s4xon

s4xon

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Just because the NHL, you Teams, and you Owners, can screw around with our season, doesn't mean you go and chop up the one place we still have somewhat of a community for our team.

It still needs fixing. It's ugly as well done steak.

#16 Anie8706

Anie8706

The Resident Troll

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'm experienced with other forums and boards.... so I'm not totally confused but what's up with the blue? I like blue.... should add some copper :wub:

I honestly don't think I can come back on here anymore. This sucks and is annoying to navigate. I don't understand why they have to change what's working. Well, I don't mind a little change, but something this drastic. Too much. I hope they change it back to something closer or more user friendly. Probably a new tech wanting to put his own mark on the whole system. This is lame!

I thought my computer was off, so I restarted it.

I'm an oldie.... back in the day at 07 the board was much nicer....

Think I seen three changes by now, fourth if I'm counting this....

I miss our old swears, George Bush.

#17 Flames_Website_Team

Flames_Website_Team

Flames Web Team

• Staff
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

I'm experienced with other forums and boards.... so I'm not totally confused but what's up with the blue? I like blue.... should add some copper :wub:

I'm an oldie.... back in the day at 07 the board was much nicer....

Think I seen three changes by now, fourth if I'm counting this....

I miss our old swears, George Bush.

We will be launching the newest version of IPBoard (3.3.1) in the few days along with a spanking new Flames theme. We know it doesn't look good right now but please be patient while we get this fixed! Thanks!

#18 C_worthy

C_worthy

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

We will be launching the newest version of IPBoard (3.3.1) in the few days along with a spanking new Flames theme. We know it doesn't look good right now but please be patient while we get this fixed! Thanks!

Excellent news, thanks

#19 another_one_bites_the_dust

another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

Are you running on "lockout" time?????

#20 andymo

andymo

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

On the mobile site I can no longer jump to the last page of a thread (you can still click on the last page, it just doesn't direct you there). I have to scroll through each page which is annoying and time-consuming. Anybody else having this problem or is it just me and my pesky phone?