SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Pet Stories

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Anie8706

Anie8706

The Resident Troll

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

Have a story about a pet you owned? Well... let's hear about an interesting story of your pets, in the past or present... doesn't matter since I wouldn't mind hearing your memories. Good or bad, doesn't matter. What about the first pet you ever owned? Or else something embarassing? Maybe your pet did something amazing or funny...

I was thinking about my first pet named Spotty. We both were born on the same exact day but he's long gone now. He passed away because he fought for a female dog in heat and well... lost. But he's the smartest dog my family had.... I remember how I used to throw the ball and he'd completely ignore me, then my uncle would throw it and he'd suddenly wanted to play. I also remember how he'd run into the river after shooting some ducks and retrieve them. Also whenever we went hunting he'd be in the back of the truck smelling the air and he'd jump off the moving vehicle (don't worry it's going less than 20km/h) and bark at the woods chasing the deer out. When he passed away a lot of us were completely choked... *sigh* I know I was out of it for a bit since it was the first experience I really had with death. But he lived to be about 9 years, was really nice having a hunting dog.

#2 The_People1

The_People1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,197 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

he'd be in the back of the truck smelling the air and he'd jump off the moving vehicle (don't worry it's going less than 20km/h) and bark at the woods chasing the deer out. When he passed away a lot of us were completely choked... *sigh*

Usually when you jump off a moving vehicle, that's what happens.

#3 another_one_bites_the_dust

another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

"I tried to get my dog to practice safe sex. But he keeps licking the condoms off."

- Tim Halpern

:lol:

#4 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

My cat walks to the park with us, 3 blocks away, lays down, walks back when we're done.
My cat walks to the bus stop with my kids and hangs out until they leave.
Startlingly, she's there when they return. She goes nuts to get out if she's in the house at 3:15pm, the bus lands at 3:30.
She knows.
I had an episode with an aggressive dog, my cat pretty much chased it away.

Pet stories indeed, you take the element of eating away, they never have that worry, they display gratefulness in ways that we deem odd or heroic.
It is what it is, and there is so much reward in the companionship.

#5 happycat

happycat

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

What no mention of your kitty (me)..... Myu hoomon owner (Anie), feeds me so much fish fish and more fish....

Ok real answer. Although not "my' pet, my brother's cat..... Sambuca (The girlfriend named him that, because of the little black spot of fur on his otherwise white body (usually this spot goes away as the white cat will age, coincidently, White cats are usually deaf, and meows roughly, as they can't hear the intonations of meows (similar to how deaf humans can walk, but lack the ability to intonate). Anyways, normally my mom hates cats, though cats were vicious hell creatures, but She soon babied the cat more, and he' spend all his time in her room, under the bed on under the covers, he'd usually drag a loaf of bread up to his lair. He's also quite the ninja, once mom was cooking some Shrimps, and he just gracefully leaps on the counter ganks the shrimp and gracefully glides away by jumping. Or once I was making a Cheeze Whiz sandmich, and he just walks away with the gooed up toast... He knows also that I'm the only one in the family to feed him table scraps, He ignores mom and brother (brother leaves the cat home when he goes on trips.....(where I give him a bath, just to mess with his head).

In hong kong, there are so many stray cats on Lamma Island, the British or whatever expats are sent home, and it's expensive to bring the cat, so they just let them loose on the island, or the cat just wanders off. The aroma of Neighbors cooking chicken and fish does that. Anyways this one stray kept on sneaking into my apartment, so I adopted her. She just crawls onto the bed, and lays down...... awwwwwe but I had do give her up for adoption, at the Lamma no kill shelter, because I wasn't allowed pets.

#6 Anie8706

Anie8706

The Resident Troll

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

What no mention of your kitty (me)..... Myu hoomon owner (Anie), feeds me so much fish fish and more fish....

Awwwww well now I have to go to Calgary one day to scratch your belly.... *feeds chicken nuggets*

#7 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Here's a pet story...

#8 Anie8706

Anie8706

The Resident Troll

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Not my dog but this buddy lives with me....

Posted Image

He just locked himself in the bathroom and was crying, awwww.... I gave him lots of hugs and kisses :wub:

#9 happycat

happycat

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Actually contrary to my code name happy CAT. I also like dogs too. My neighbor is so mean when it gets really wintery out, blowing cold, showing, and all that jazz. He or She, would go woooooo woooooo woooooo all night, and it sounds soooo sad. :_(. Like if I had a dog. I'd keep him indoors......

#10 happycat

happycat

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Well here's an even creepier pet story.... when I lived on Lamma, this is extremely rare, but one of the villagers we don't know which one, was fed up with all the stray dogs, and started put out poisoned meat for them to eat... the problem is Lamma has a few reserviors from the rain waters, (most of the water is supplied from the city (Hong Kong), which gets it water from reserveiors in Guandong Province. Anyways, when it rains, what if some of the meat is still out? WITH THE POISON right? and this is those creepy 3rd world poisons (that is, it's not banned, where as it would be banned in the west "Paraquate" I believe he used, and some of them have NO ANTIDOTE, so if it gets in your system you're bleeped up.... About 70 dogs (some of whom were legitimate pets too!), died during this outbreak, and wanted posters were up everywhere. We suspect it's one of the old farmers in the smaller isolated villages the ones UPSTREAM. so like I mentioned, what if the rainwaters carry this poison into the water supply...... It's crazy.

#11 happycat

happycat

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Those of you who have facebook. (like everyone practically), will have undoutbly come across the many pages and pages of Lol pictures, especially Lol cats. There's one that read (as a computer flow chart) Is that for me? then down in the box arrow it reads "That's for me" (with both flows as being yes and no).

So anyways, I put down a bag of bread (full wheat one of those Canadian McGavin ones with all the 4 grains in it, and not part of the feline diet) I answer the phone, and go back to making a sammich. the bread is gone, (taken to my brother's cat's lair (Sambuka), Sambuca, has a little cat next behind the TV I see the mangled reminants of the bread (or a few slices, gouged out like Freddy Kruger's children..... lol he does this to everything bag like (thinking it's all cat treats)... Like cat nip, I come home and find the drugs on the floor, Or the bag of cat food. Lol...

Later I find all this chewed up bread goo everywhere, and laugh at him because grains and veggies tend to make cats sick... So again. here's the "that's for me" mentality that Cats have (remember, the house is THEIR lair. Then just tonight, Sammy bites into one of mom's Chinese Shrimp noodles. (noodles made with Shrimp Egg as yoke). Cats love smelly meatss like fish and chicken, for high protine gooage. So again he shreds a noodle pack and eats the noodles. HE also did this with a shrimp years back, he just slinky sasahay's onto the counter leaping gracefully take a shrimp and retreats to his lair behind the TV. lol. So fluid.. (It's like Johnny Deip as John Dillinger (a notrious bank robber who gracefully glides over teller counters, with a fully loaded Tommy Gun, (heavy). lol.