Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Battle Of Alberta - Sort Of

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Friday and Saturday the Oilers(Barons) and the Flames (Heat) AHL Farm teams will do battle in Abbotsford. Saturdays game I read will be televised on SNet.

Maybe we can get a glimpse of the Battle of future Alberta to some degree. It should be a decent 2 games as both teams are stacked and have multiple players up near the top of the stats.

Sven Baertschi (11pts) and Roman Horak (11 pts)
Justin Schultz (15 pts), Jordan Eberle (11 pts), & Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (I think Taylor Hall is there now too.)

#2 wally31

wally31

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Friday and Saturday the Oilers(Barons) and the Flames (Heat) AHL Farm teams will do battle in Abbotsford. Saturdays game I read will be televised on SNet.

Maybe we can get a glimpse of the Battle of future Alberta to some degree. It should be a decent 2 games as both teams are stacked and have multiple players up near the top of the stats.

Sven Baertschi (11pts) and Roman Horak (11 pts)
Justin Schultz (15 pts), Jordan Eberle (11 pts), & Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (I think Taylor Hall is there now too.)

Taylor Hall is there... redirected a shot from the point to score his first goal.

I'm really excited for this match up. Wonder if Irving will get the start tonight? I also wonder if Bouma or Nemo will be back from injury?

#3 kehatch

kehatch

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Taylor Hall is there... redirected a shot from the point to score his first goal.

I'm really excited for this match up. Wonder if Irving will get the start tonight? I also wonder if Bouma or Nemo will be back from injury?

I believe Taylor is getting the start. I also have heard that Byron may be back tonight. But sounds like Bouma and Nemo are still a ways off.

#4 another_one_bites_the_dust

another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

THE PROJECTED LINES FOR TONIGHT'S GAME:

ABBOTSFORD HEAT:

Bärtschi - Walter - Horak
Kolanos - Byron - Sylvester
Aliu - Reinhart - Street
Olson - Laing - Ruesegger

Brodie - Piskula
Breen - McCarthy
Callahan - Lamb

Taylor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKLAHOMA CITY BARONS:

Hall - VandeVelde - Paajarvi-Svensson
Hartikainen - Lander - Eberle
Tyravainen - Nugent-Hopkins - Pitlick
Byers - House - Hamilton

Plante - Fedun
Schultz - Ringwald
Teubert - Zahn

Danis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LET'S GO HEAT!!!!

A PERFECT 6-0 IN REGULATION AT HOME!!!!!

LET'S MAKE IT 8-0!!!!!

#5 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

LMFAO!!!!!

The young Oilers just scored on their own net!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Missed who it was though, the stream was buffering, but a nice play nonetheless!!! :lol:

3-0 HEAT!

#6 Invin

Invin

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Nice, 4-0 ^_^

#7 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

THE PROJECTED LINES FOR TONIGHT'S GAME:

ABBOTSFORD HEAT:

Bärtschi - Walter - Horak
Kolanos - Byron - Sylvester
Ferland - Reinhart - Street
Olson - Laing - Bancks

Brodie - Piskula
Breen - McCarthy
McKelvie - Lamb

Brust

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much changes to the line-up. Callahan is out, McKelvie is in. Horak MIGHT be playing 1st line C and Walter right wing but that could be a typo on the site. Barry Brust gets the start, and all in all, I am more comfortable with him for this game, then I am of Irving. Brust is like a Ron Hextall, he is fun to watch, and I don't get nervous with him in net.

The Barons are on a mission, I mean, last nights game was closer then the scoreboard. 3 of the goals by the Heat were on the PP (one of which was 5 on 3) and the other goal was scored by the Barons on their own net, went off the skate of the PEE-ON-ME guy, I can't spell his name, something like Paajarvi?

The Barons haven't scored a goal in 1:34:12. That is pretty significant. I imagine they might put some of their stars back on the same line tonight instead of trying to spread them out.

Either way, should be a good game, hopefully the Heat prevail!!!! SOLD out arena and a nationwide broadcast. I am thinkin Bärtschi puts on a show tonight!!!! He loves the spotlight!!!

LET'S GO HEAT!!!!!!!

#8 Pyromancer

Pyromancer

A winning atmosphere proudly eliminating draft fantasies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Really looking forward to watching this one tonight to get a Flames-related hockey fix.

Go Posted ImageGo

Meanwhile the NHLPA can sit & stew at home & pray to their false messiah. Would you?

Posted Image

#9 amstervan

amstervan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Anyone else experiencing the horrible choppiness on Sportsnet? Highly irritating!!!!

#10 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Elder Statesman

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,189 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

0-0 after 1.

Let's go Heat!

#11 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Elder Statesman

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,189 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Anyone else experiencing the horrible choppiness on Sportsnet? Highly irritating!!!!

It's fine in Wpg.

#12 amstervan

amstervan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

It's fine in Wpg.

I switched to Standard Def and is much better. Other HD channels are bad too so it must just be Red Deer.

#13 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

YEAH BABY!!!!!! I thought from the end of the 1st period, it would hit OT. Although, I thought the Heat would lose 3-2, never had time to post, but nonetheless, the HEAT ARE, IN ANY SITUATION, A PERFECT 8 and 0 IN REGULATION AT HOME!!!!!

Sylvester's goal LAST game was worth a mention, and I am pretty sure Troy Ward wanted to give him some credit. If you listen to Ward's post game presser, they are asking about Byron, and it is as if Ward wants them to ask about SLY, he brings it up in the presser.

Either way, THANK YOU SLY!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy no matter the outcome of this game!!!!!!!

*****EDIT, WOW, totally missed the boat on that one! No break at all before OT? lol,,, still happy with the point and the undefeated in regulation title even if Taylor Hall falls down more then domino's. I am PROUD not to have him part of the Flames organization. I would rather lose, then be subjected to him, under any performance. I don't have anything nice to say about Gretzky either, so don't piss me off****

#14 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Seems the AHL does not post boxscores Sat night as their webpage is still sporting only the Friday games.

I'll check tomorrow and post it if/when they have it up.

Couple of points. Really high tempo game with lots of chances to both sides. The Heat have been taking a lot of penalties this year but their PK has been so good it hasn't affected the game much until tonight. It cost them.

I was really happy to see the boys fight back after that 1st goal against and they were rewarded for the effort. I have always said I don't mind losing a game if the effort was there. Tonights game certainly fills that thought and then some.

#15 kehatch

kehatch

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Seems the AHL does not post boxscores Sat night as their webpage is still sporting only the Friday games.

I'll check tomorrow and post it if/when they have it up.

Couple of points. Really high tempo game with lots of chances to both sides. The Heat have been taking a lot of penalties this year but their PK has been so good it hasn't affected the game much until tonight. It cost them.

I was really happy to see the boys fight back after that 1st goal against and they were rewarded for the effort. I have always said I don't mind losing a game if the effort was there. Tonights game certainly fills that thought and then some.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010028

#16 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010028

Thanks kehatch !

Posted Image

Heat lost their record for no goals against at home tonight but they retained their undefeated at home in regulation.

I noticed with bothSven and Roman Horak were being shadowed both games. Anytime the puck headed their direction there was 1 or 2 on them right away. It will be interesting to see how both adapt as this is going to be the norm if they can keep up the scoring.

#17 another_one_bites_the_dust

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Thanks kehatch !

Posted Image

Heat lost their record for no goals against at home tonight but they retained their undefeated at home in regulation.

I noticed with bothSven and Roman Horak were being shadowed both games. Anytime the puck headed their direction there was 1 or 2 on them right away. It will be interesting to see how both adapt as this is going to be the norm if they can keep up the scoring.

YEP