Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit

Photo

Extramarital

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 The_People1

The_People1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,315 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

YOU...
Posted Image

YOUR WIFE...
Posted Image

YOUR CAREER...
Posted Image

IS IT WORTH IT?
Posted Image
Posted Image

A legitimate guy question...

Discuss?

#2 CastleMania

CastleMania

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

When you put it that way, it is a hard question. :lol:

#3 Anie8706

Anie8706

The Resident Troll

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'm the other girl in some cases.... so I rather hide :ph34r:

#4 happycat

happycat

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Are you having an existential crisis Peeps? jk. aside. This is the FIRST time I'm not understanding the post. I'm not sure what your aims are, because you're titling your post Extramarital (I'm assuming an affair), and you're posting "You" "your career" and your wife? is it worth it.

So I can interpret this thread as two ways: 1) it's a rethorical question asking weither or not you're asking is it risky for one to jeapordize their career, family (wife), and personal intregrity for a extra marital affair.

or 2)You're asking weither or not us posters believe our careers, wife (family life), personal intergrity (titled "you"). If we're happy with our wife, careers and you-ness. In other words are we happy with our lives...

Well that's what I got out of question. If you can clearify which interpretation of your question is correct, then I can give my standard gibberish result post.

#5 The_People1

The_People1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,315 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

When you put it that way, it is a hard question. :lol:

While Tiger Woods and Arnold Schwarzenegger have all they need at home, they got greedy and wanted more. They got what they deserved. David Petraeus's situation, on the other hand, is almost forgivable (I use the word "almost" loosely). Do you fault Petraeus for doing what he did? In so many aspects, he could actually be interpreted as the victim in his ordeal.

Are you having an existential crisis Peeps? jk. aside. This is the FIRST time I'm not understanding the post. I'm not sure what your aims are, because you're titling your post Extramarital (I'm assuming an affair), and you're posting "You" "your career" and your wife? is it worth it.

So I can interpret this thread as two ways: 1) it's a rethorical question asking weither or not you're asking is it risky for one to jeapordize their career, family (wife), and personal intregrity for a extra marital affair.

or 2)You're asking weither or not us posters believe our careers, wife (family life), personal intergrity (titled "you"). If we're happy with our wife, careers and you-ness. In other words are we happy with our lives...

Well that's what I got out of question. If you can clearify which interpretation of your question is correct, then I can give my standard gibberish result post.

This is a topic/question for men, not cats.

#6 CastleMania

CastleMania

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

While Tiger Woods and Arnold Schwarzenegger have all they need at home, they got greedy and wanted more. They got what they deserved. David Petraeus's situation, on the other hand, is almost forgivable (I use the word "almost" loosely). Do you fault Petraeus for doing what he did? In so many aspects, he could actually be interpreted as the victim in his ordeal.

I mean, this is a case of a guy moving up (from a purely physical appearance perspective), as opposed to someone moving down or just trying to "conquer" more women as was the case with Woods and Schwarzenegger. Is it right? I don't think there's much of an argument that this is appropriate behaviour (although, there is an argument) from a moral point of view. But as to your question, "Is it worth it?" I guess you would have to know more about the relationship he had with his wife, the impact it will have on family, etc., before you make that decision.

But from a purely physical point of view, he moved up.

#7 happycat

happycat

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

I see it's a question addressed to males of a lesser spieces. ;) (you walked into that one Peeps. lol). Carry on then.

#8 Bastardsonofmacinnis

Bastardsonofmacinnis

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

In that guy's case I don't think the opportunities to trade up like that don't come along to often. Like castle said, and I think we can all agree, on a purely physical basis this man did the right thing. On the moral side, unless his wife is an unrelenting and vindictive ball buster, it's never good to jilt someone like that. hmm. yeah the more I look at the pictures the more I think he made the right call.

#9 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

YOU...
Posted Image

YOUR WIFE...
Posted Image

The guy should have made better decisions and not gone this far. As it is he is just compounding his bad judgement by adding the

IS IT WORTH IT?
Posted Image
Posted Image

and personally wouldn't trust him enough with the

Posted Image

#10 CastleMania

CastleMania

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

In that guy's case I don't think the opportunities to trade up like that don't come along to often. Like castle said, and I think we can all agree, on a purely physical basis this man did the right thing. On the moral side, unless his wife is an unrelenting and vindictive ball buster, it's never good to jilt someone like that. hmm. yeah the more I look at the pictures the more I think he made the right call.

Good to see you backs BSOM.

In this case, it's pretty difficult to argue with the pictures.

#11 Bastardsonofmacinnis

Bastardsonofmacinnis

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Good to see you backs BSOM.

In this case, it's pretty difficult to argue with the pictures.

Thanks man. It's good to be back. Though, I never really left. I was always lurking with no time to sit and type something.

#12 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

I can`t help but think that the Director of the CIA should have probably been better at not getting caught so easily... :lol:

#13 sandman8610

sandman8610

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

From a military perspective, I can, on a certain level, sympathize with what Gen. Petraus did. I've heard on news reports that he's spent the better part of 6-7 of the last 10 years away from home, and we all know that people get lonely. He may not even have done it vindictively. She may have just been ms right now. I don't condone adultery, and have never strayed although I've spent half of my 3 year marriage away from home on military courses and tours. When youre on month 4 of a 6 month tour, sometimes companionship is all you want to get you through the day.

#14 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Sex is for babies only you fools. Any other purpose, or nudity at all for that matter, is simply grotesque and appalling.
But if we must discuss it, I hope he wasn't so drunk as to not make a good accounting of himself...

#15 The_People1

The_People1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,315 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

From a military perspective, I can, on a certain level, sympathize with what Gen. Petraus did. I've heard on news reports that he's spent the better part of 6-7 of the last 10 years away from home, and we all know that people get lonely. He may not even have done it vindictively. She may have just been ms right now. I don't condone adultery, and have never strayed although I've spent half of my 3 year marriage away from home on military courses and tours. When youre on month 4 of a 6 month tour, sometimes companionship is all you want to get you through the day.

There are some who ask "why should Petreaus have to step down for an extramarital affair and cannot continue doing his job?"

I somewhat tend to agree. This is not like Lance Armstrong who cheated his way to the top where he otherwise doesn't belong. This is more like Tiger Woods, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Bill Clinton. These men belong where they are in their careers and proved they can do their job exceptionally well.

If Petreaus is in a position of trust and have sensitive information that could jeopardize the lives of his nation, then what about Bill Clinton who was the Prez and Arnold who was governor? Those two guys equally cheated the person most closest to them but was still able to perform admirably at their duty at work.

Why should Petreaus have to step down?

#16 sandman8610

sandman8610

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

There are some who ask "why should Petreaus have to step down for an extramarital affair and cannot continue doing his job?"

I somewhat tend to agree. This is not like Lance Armstrong who cheated his way to the top where he otherwise doesn't belong. This is more like Tiger Woods, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Bill Clinton. These men belong where they are in their careers and proved they can do their job exceptionally well.

If Petreaus is in a position of trust and have sensitive information that could jeopardize the lives of his nation, then what about Bill Clinton who was the Prez and Arnold who was governor? Those two guys equally cheated the person most closest to them but was still able to perform admirably at their duty at work.

Why should Petreaus have to step down?

I don't believe he should have to. Whats work is work and what's home is home. If he had his affair, but kept the two separate, then the US president should have not accepted his resignation. He should have got his peepee slapped and been told to lay of the broads and get back to work. However, if in the course of this affair, shared information or gave her access to places she shouldnt have gotten, then by all means he should have been canned.

I believe your above examples to be perfect in showing previous cases of guys caught in times of weakness that were still able to perform at their respective jobs, although I think maybe Tiger should have quit while he was ahead!

#17 jjgallow

jjgallow

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Simple answer we all know: He should have divorced her first.

Simple answer to that: Divorces are tricky when you're in public office.

Simple answer to that: He wanted his pie and to eat it too. Everything comes at a price. He should have:
Left Office
Gotten a divorce
Sorted out his relationships / home life
Ran for office again if he really wanted to

He took an understandable shortcut. Understandable, but not ok.

#18 sandman8610

sandman8610

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Simple answer we all know: He should have divorced her first.

Simple answer to that: Divorces are tricky when you're in public office.

Simple answer to that: He wanted his pie and to eat it too. Everything comes at a price. He should have:
Left Office
Gotten a divorce
Sorted out his relationships / home life
Ran for office again if he really wanted to

He took an understandable shortcut. Understandable, but not ok.

Plus 1 all above

#19 Anie8706

Anie8706

The Resident Troll

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

I couldn't get through my work without companionship myself.

Scandal is such an overused word in the media and adultery happens a lot doesn't matter if you said I would never or I haven't.... temptations are always out and about no matter where you are.

I'm the type of person that would love the idea of marriage, being loyal, white picket fence and crap but after meeting one man a couple years ago, I realized that sex is just physical, to fill your bodies needs and has nothing much to do with loving the guy.... actually being in love and just sex are two seperate worlds for me.... I haven't been in love for a long time, don't know if I ever will and each year I just doubt even more and more.

#20 Cody1774

Cody1774

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

Let's be friends, Anie.  :D  Although, I'm not sure that's possible with the signature you're flaunting.  RNH looks better in Rebel gear.  Maybe we better not hang out.  Buuuuuuuuuuuuut if you're ever looking for a job, message me.....