• Announcements

• Kulstad

Insults/Name-calling will not be tolerated   11/19/2016

Tensions are high around this team and its fans.  It is very obvious that everyone here is passionate about the Flames, and has an opinion about what should be done to fix our unstable ship.  Stating your opinion is fine, it's exactly what these forums are for.   However, the name-calling and the insults are not required.   All insults/name-calling will be met with a zero-tolerance approach, regardless if you are a new person to the forums, or have been around since these forums began.   First-offenses will be met with a moderator-needs-to-approve-your-post for 3 days Second offenses will be met with a week-long suspension Third offenses will result in a perma-ban   If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to voice your concern about it, you are absolutely free to contact me directly.   We all love this team, and this game.  Let's continue to keep it civil around here.   --  Kulstad

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keyro

Top 30 Prospects According To Button

5 posts in this topic

Craig Button posted what he thought were the top 30 NHL affiliated prospects.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9601

Flames with two prospects in the top 30, Sven Baertschi at 8 and Johhny Gaudreau at 20.

Baertschi ahead of other notable 2011 draft picks like Huberdeau, Strome, Hamilton and Zibanejad.

Gaudreau is the lowest round pick in the top 30.

On one hand flames fans can get excited about some media validation regarding our prospect pool. On the other hand it's Button. He ranked Rielly 5th and Murray 26th. He also put Dougie Hamilton 12th, which I find is absolute hogwash.

What does everyone think about Button's assessment?

1 person likes this

Craig Button posted what he thought were the top 30 NHL affiliated prospects.

http://www.tsn.ca/dr...eature/?id=9601

What does everyone think about Button's assessment?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. I don't get too concerned about these things but I do look for the consistency from list to list (don't get me wrong, I like when they are not afraid to go against the norm and I think Button is good that way).

What I have seen recently on Baertchi:

Finally getting recognized - I have seen him 8th, 8th, 9th and 11th in the most recent lists I've seen. He has been ahead of Granlund in each one. Sometimes ahead of Huberdeau, usually ahead of Zinbad, etc.

One thing that is interesting about Button's list is that he has Schultz 1st. This is BY FAR the highest I have seen him. In the other 3 I have recently seen, I think the highest he was ranked was 22nd. Obviously, Button is buying into the success that Schultz is having with the Barons.

As for Gaudreau, this is the highest I have seen him and the 2nd time I have seen him in the top 50 (which I think he totally deserves). He is starting to get noticed, but he needs to compete against more of his peers (i.e. in the WJC) before most people will really consider him. I think if he has a great WJC, then you will see others add him to their lists as Button has.

Thanks for posting

I'm okay with the list..I mean...how do you really put one together anyway? So hard.

Schultz would have the greatest impact if the NHL season started today.

He's also a lot older.

He won't stay on top forever, but he is a special player.

Great to see that Calgary has two players on the top 30.

I'm hoping that the skills coming through the pipeline can finally start to compensate, and maybe More than compensate, for some of the aging core players on the Flames. Keep it up Flames scouting staff!

Posted · Hidden by kehatch, April 7, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

магазин женского эротического белья. сексуальное женское белье. большой выбор качественного женского белья. платья с корсетом, лифчики и винил с доставкой. соблазнительное женское белье

женское белье секс шоп. женское эротическое белье. большой ассортимент высококачественного женского белья. платья с корсетом, лёгкие кофточки и чулки с доставкой. женское эро белье