Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Little Lefties

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Canada15

Canada15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Hello fellow Flames fans... How is everyone surviving during this lengthy lockout? Sure hope we can all be discussing more hockey on here in the next little while.

More on topic, the more and more I look at the flames roster/prospects, I am beginning to see a common trend of small left hand players in the wing and centre position.
For instance, tanguay, cammy, cervenka, hudler, Backlund (not as small) are all certain roster spots and left hand forwards below or at 6 feet. Prospects include Baerstchi, gaudreau, granlund, horak, possibly more I'm forgetting as well.
Now ill be honest, I do enjoy having each of these players on the team and I'm excited to see all of them play. However, are there too many of them? Most NHL rosters have a few smaller forwards and a lot of them are quite successful. I can not deny that fact but I'm worried we have an over abundance in that category.

Point is, I see this team is attempting a new culture. Smaller, skilled forwards to try and increase offensive production. We have lacked a lot of offense in the last few years and I hope this can change. But will it? On the right handed side, the team is not much bigger. We will be seeing a very small Flames team in the next few years. Success, stalemate, failure???

#2 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

The majority of players in the NHL are left handed and 6' or under. Most teams have a surplus of these types of players.

#3 Canada15

Canada15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

I don't usually read into statistics as some on here, nor do I have the time too. But I'd beg to differ, because I feel the Flames potential squad could extremely small. A little concerning, but who knows I guess.