SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Trade Sven Baertsci

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 zima

zima

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I know ur thinking he is a very good player but I'm thinking he will never play more than a hand full of games each yr so far he is hurt more than he plays this yr already he has missed a good portion of the season. And last couple of yrs with the winter hawks was the same he can not stay out of the injured box I don't know if he likes to take long breaks or he is just injury prone but it is my thought we should dump him will we can for some tough skilled hockey players

#2 Keyro

Keyro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

To quote the comic book guy from the Simpsons

"Worst idea ever"

Let's relax here. He's missed ten games this season. Not exactly the indicator to trade him.

#3 Crzydrvr

Crzydrvr

Resident Draft Junkie

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Sven's missed a few games, I get that. But saying that he was injured last couple of years with the Hawks is a stretch; he missed 25 games in one season and played 66 the previous season. Both years the Winterhawks went on an extended postseason journey, playing over 20 games and Baertschi suited up for every one of them. Not only that, he excelled. Hockey is a contact sport, people are going to get hurt regardless of how far you push the envelope as far as controlled variables (like equipment) are concerned. The Heat haven't even hit their midway mark yet, so your quip on Sven being hurt more than he has played this year is, if not simply falsified information, just plain old miscomprehension.

You speak like tough skilled hockey players are easy to find. There may be a reason why everyone is looking for the next Milan Lucic in the draft. Until then, you've either got skill players with a little grit or depth players with a little skill. Unfortunately, depth players with a little skill turn into the Nemiszes of the hockey world so I'd rather stick with Sven, whose work ethic almost balance out his skill on its own.

Side-note: Punctuation and syntax matter. As does proper spelling, even in names. Would help in having people take your opinions seriously.

#4 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Misguided Angel

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,517 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Any player can be traded. It depends on the return.

The OP was based on limited #s so declaring a player injury prone is a stretch.

#5 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Misguided Angel

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,517 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Side-note: Punctuation and syntax matter. As does proper spelling, even in names. Would help in having people take your opinions seriously.

When a post is hard to read due to run on sentences, lack of caps, etc. it does tend to be ignored. Only in times like this when there are few posts would most even bother to read it.
There are forgivable mistakes but when a post reeks of little effort it is usually equated to little knowledge. Misspelling the name of the player under discussion (especially in the heading) is probably 1 of the worst errors as it makes it seem like you don't even watch the player enough to know that. It renders any opinion as uninformed.

#6 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,548 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

I know ur thinking he is a very good player

You are right, that is what I would be thinking...

but I'm thinking he will never play more than a hand full of games each yr so far he is hurt more than he plays this yr already he has missed a good portion of the season. And last couple of yrs with the winter hawks was the same he can not stay out of the injured box I don't know if he likes to take long breaks or he is just injury prone

Now I am thinking that you could/should have thought this all out more carefully prior to starting this thread... The fact that you would even suggest that Baertschi "might like to take long breaks" speaks volumes about your intent with this thread...

but it is my thought we should dump him will we can for some tough skilled hockey players

This was quiite simply not a good thought... Aside from that, you never mentioned which "tough skilled hockey players" you would "dump" him for...

#7 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I know ur thinking he is a very good player but I'm thinking he will never play more than a hand full of games each yr so far he is hurt more than he plays this yr already he has missed a good portion of the season. And last couple of yrs with the winter hawks was the same he can not stay out of the injured box I don't know if he likes to take long breaks or he is just injury prone but it is my thought we should dump him will we can for some tough skilled hockey players

If you are going to take the stand that you do not want players on your team/on the farm who are more likely to be injured, then there is a formula that you need to follow first.

That formula would be that you need to determine who they are before they get injured. Once you can do that you can ice a healthy team all the time, you have no need to carry extra players, and you do not have to worry about CBA's that restrict your doing things like trading injured players.

#8 zima

zima

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Ok first of all flyerfan u might not like my spelling but i really don't give a flying farkle I U bet u understood every word. U can be as anal as want about my speliing and gramer but i bet this last sentence was clear to u according to a few reputable universities doesn't matter how the word is done so long as the last and otherletters are there that is of course if u can read at all. As far as I can tell from ur anal attitude on my grammar and spelling u can so get over it.I have never seen a site that has so much trouble with how ppl spell ppl get over it Im sure u still understand the context. As my opinion on Beartsci I believe he will be a player that spends more time injured than he will be playing on the Ice look up (my opinion). You don't have to agree but I have seen it before top players that never make it through a season with out missing 30 to 60 percent of the season hurt. and usualy when u need them most. As far as what player I don't know U ppl with all the knowledge on players I'm sure can come up with 1 or 2

#9 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,548 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Ok first of all flyerfan u might not like my spelling but i really don't give a flying farkle I U bet u understood every word. U can be as anal as want about my speliing and gramer but i bet this last sentence was clear to u according to a few reputable universities doesn't matter how the word is done so long as the last and otherletters are there that is of course if u can read at all. As far as I can tell from ur anal attitude on my grammar and spelling u can so get over it.I have never seen a site that has so much trouble with how ppl spell ppl get over it Im sure u still understand the context. As my opinion on Beartsci I believe he will be a player that spends more time injured than he will be playing on the Ice look up (my opinion). You don't have to agree but I have seen it before top players that never make it through a season with out missing 30 to 60 percent of the season hurt. and usualy when u need them most. As far as what player I don't know U ppl with all the knowledge on players I'm sure can come up with 1 or 2

Zima eh?...

Posted Image

#10 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Misguided Angel

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,517 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Lack of spelling & capitals can change the meaning of a sentence.

There's a difference between helping Jack off a horse as opposed to helping jack off a horse. :lol:

#11 PokernHockey

PokernHockey

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

You know Flyerfan was trying to be helpful right...

If you feel that this site is anal about spelling and grammar, perhaps extra care is required when you want to be taken seriously on the site so that people focus on your idea rather then your syntax. That is like someone complaining because "they got a speeding ticket where there is a speed trap 4 times a week." First, you are the one who broke the law, and secondly, you know the cops are going to be there! It is hard to take a "trade this player, you guys figure out who for" post seriously at the best of times...

Your right, there are examples of top players who have missed significant time due to injury, such as Lindros. But what about Fleury who severed his brachial artery (which should have led to him losing all control of his arm if not his life) and went on to a successful, relatively injury free career?

Perhaps instead of him trying to take the night off, the Flames are holding him back longer then the minimum necessary to reduce the chance of him being injury prone?

As you requested, I will come up with 2 players using what seems to be your trade criteria:
1) Crosby: he has been injury prone the last little while so even though he is now reported at 100%, I am sure the pens will do the trade since Baer has only had 1 concussion. 1 minor concussion < 2+ Major concussions. The Pens would probably need to throw something else into the trade so it is less lopsided.

2)Kimmo Timonen: Sure, he is 36 years old, likely to retire in a year or 2, and while we would be trading a significant piece of our goal scoring future, in the past 5 years Timonen has put up an average of less then 4 goals a year. But in those 5 years he has only missed 13 games. Since his rookie season has never missed more then 10 games to injury!!! That is a player who is injury free!

Bonus player; Brandon Prust: The guy hasn't missed a game in the past 2 years. Plus he has heart, clearly doesn't like to take long stretches off based on his stance throughout the lockout. Plus with that big 4 year 2.5 a year contract we know we would have his 5 goals a year for a while in the new cap world!

#12 PokernHockey

PokernHockey

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

There's a difference between helping Jack off a horse as opposed to helping jack off a horse. :lol:

I C WAT YOU DID!!!!

What if Jack is really fat and aggressive towards the horse? Then either way the horse will likely be more relaxed after, so from its perspective they wouldn't be that different.

#13 Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Hokay. So, heres da Earth.

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Better idea. Lets trade the OP to the nucks or oilers board for future considerations.

#14 jjgallow

jjgallow

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Zima eh?...

Posted Image

I do believe you've cracked this case, Carty!

Zima....sleep it off! We've all been there.

Who is this Jack character anyway? Can't he get off himself?

Now the horse, on the other hand, has an excuse.

#15 jjgallow

jjgallow

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

On "Baertsci".....

I would trade him in a second....

For the right player.

However, trading your players each time they have a concussion is probably not a good strategy for getting good return.

I am legitimately concerned over Baertschi's concussions, but that would also be part of the conversation in any trade negotiation. Better off to teach the guy to keep his head up (and I can only hope that Flames staff are working on this with him constantly right now).

#16 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Misguided Angel

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,517 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

I do believe you've cracked this case, Carty!

Who is this Jack character anyway?

Sorry, I thought everyone remembered him. His last name was Myov.
Perhaps you recall his cousin Haywood?

:)

#17 jjgallow

jjgallow

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Sorry, I thought everyone remembered him. His last name was Myov.
Perhaps you recall his cousin Haywood?

:)

Haha, I know the Myov familly Very well! Who could forget his sister Sooke?

#18 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,548 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

#19 TrippinVdUb

TrippinVdUb

KCCO!

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hahaha, wow why did I not think of this as soon as we drafted Sven.... What better way to build a contender and send a message to our players and UFA's around the league then to trade our top prospect away? Maybe we can get another aging veteran for him? Cause we all know how the lack of top talent youth in this organization has helped us so far.... right?

Sorry but this maybe the worst idea I have heard since we traded Gilmour to T.O. lol :D

#20 zima

zima

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Well U can all laugh and poke fun at my Name and my grammar, spelling and my opinion. But I will bet Sven doesn't see a full NHL season (ever) and every year his playing time will diminish with his Injury troubles. I'm Also not saying to give him Away but moving him for a player who can play a strong game and not nurse there wounds every time he takes a hit. Don't forget the NHL is a mans game from what I have seen to this point he can't stay healthy playing with the kids whats going to happen when he really gets hit?