SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Vote For Johnny Gaudreau!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 bertuzzi4mvp

bertuzzi4mvp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hi Guys,

Please take a few minutes to vote for John Gaudreau for the Hobey Baker Award this year!

Here is the link: http://www.hobeybake...ey-2013-phase-i

#2 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I voted for him twice and he has a small lead.

I also noticed another Flames prospect John Gilles on the list. Not trying to split votes or anything.

#3 Crzydrvr

Crzydrvr

Resident Draft Junkie

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I didn't vote, because I'd like to think that he can validate his Hobey Baker credentials on his own without our help. And he's obviously making that impression on his own well enough so I don't think I need to do anything to help out. Perfectly capable of backing it up on his own without Flames bias.

#4 PokernHockey

PokernHockey

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I didn't vote, because I'd like to think that he can validate his Hobey Baker credentials on his own without our help. And he's obviously making that impression on his own well enough so I don't think I need to do anything to help out. Perfectly capable of backing it up on his own without Flames bias.

Looks like it is a 2 horse race.

#5 wally31

wally31

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I don't think this decides who wins the Hobey Baker? I believe that decision falls in the hands of some NCAA committee?

#6 rocketdoctor

rocketdoctor

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

Hobey Baker Memorial Award Selection Process

Every head hockey coach at an accredited Division I NCAA school receives one ballot. Coaches are asked to pick the top three players in their league and the top three players in the nation (two separate rankings, three players each; a player may be listed in both places, and a coach can vote for his own player).

Coaches from 58 schools receive a ballot. Those ballots, along with Vote for Hobey's Preliminary Voting results, are tabulated by an accounting firm to determine the 10 finalists.

This top ten advances to the Selection Committee, which decides the eventual winner from the top ten. This committee is composed of selected members from the following; print media, electronic media, NHL scouts, college hockey coaches and officials. Selection Committee terms are three years, and members may be reappointed.

#7 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

He has a slim 85 vote lead.