SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Kovalchuk/visnovsky And Karri Ramo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrBojangles

MrBojangles

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

If Kovalchuk and Visnovsky crash the agreement with the KHL, could the Flames bring in Karri Ramo?

#2 kehatch

kehatch

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

If Kovalchuk and Visnovsky crash the agreement with the KHL, could the Flames bring in Karri Ramo?

I doubt the NHL will allow that. If the KHL allows those players to stay expect the NHL to counter with Olympic boycotts and other strategies to get their player back. If they start stealing players from the KHL that will just validate that there is no agreement and prevent a future agreement from being reached.

Jut my opinion, but I don't think the NHL wants to drop to the level of the KHL and start stealing players under contract.

#3 BobbyB12

BobbyB12

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

With the goaltender situation with Kipper Irving and Karl I don't see the Flames bringing over Ramo over this year.

Earlier they said they were going to let his contract run out in the KHL before bringing him to the NHL.

Personally I think it would be better to leave Ramo in the KHL as a starter for the remainder of the year, It's a short NHL season and just like every other year I'm sure the Flames will ride Kipper for most of it so Ramo wouldn't see much playing time.

Next year Irving and Karl will most likely be gone Ortio will most likely be back in Abby, Not sure the situation for Brossoit but I can see him being signed and in Abby, Not to mention how the rest of the year in the AHL goes for Brust and Taylor one of the two could possibly be signed to a 2 way deal.

#4 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

This isn't the same situation. Kovalchuk and Visnovsky have contracts signed to play in the NHL. The NHL and KHL and IIHF have an agreement to honor each others contracts.

Ramo atm has no contract to play here. The Flames wanted him to honor his contract with his KHL team.

Kovalchuk has not said he won''t report rather he just wanted to wait to see what the ratified agreement terms were.

Also TSN was saying that Detroit has given Pavel Datsyuk permission to stay overseas and compete in their all star game.

Visnovsky is the only player presently who has said he won't return and won't honor his contract..

#5 kehatch

kehatch

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Also, Vianovsky says he is waiting to determine the legality of his trade.