Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Suggestion Rumour

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 FlamesFan1300

FlamesFan1300

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Spector site mentioned, "WGR 550: Forward Luke Adam will not be called up to join the Buffalo Sabres from their AHL farm team, leading to speculation he could be put on the trade block. His trade value won’t be high, but it will get lower the longer he remains in Rochester." Dated January 10/2013

I would suggest Calgary trade a pick and a moderate prospect to Buffalo for centre man Adam.

Regular season and playoffs
Regular season Playoffs
Season Team League GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
2006–07 St. John's Fog Devils QMJHL 63 6 9 15 51 4 0 2 2 4
2007–08 St. John's Fog Devils QMJHL 70 36 30 66 72 6 3 5 8 8
2008–09 Montreal Juniors QMJHL 47 22 27 49 59 — — — — —
2009–10 Cape Breton Screaming Eagles QMJHL 56 49 41 90 75 5 3 1 4 2
2009–10 Portland Pirates AHL — — — — — 3 0 2 2 0
2010–11 Portland Pirates AHL 57 29 33 62 46 12 4 3 7 14
2010–11 Buffalo Sabres NHL 19 3 1 4 12 — — — — —
2011–12 Buffalo Sabres NHL 52 10 10 20 14 — — — — —
2011–12 Rochester Americans AHL 27 4 9 13 18 3 0 1 1 4
NHL totals 71 13 11 24 26 — — — — —

As we all know Calgary is in need of skilled young centres Adam at the age of 22 seems an ideal fit. He can play with some grit and can put the puck in the net once in a while. He already has 71 NHL game under his belt and has 13 goals 11 assists. Not terrible for a young player trying to make it onto a team. By the way Luke Adam is 6'2" 203 lbs.

Just a suggestion...

#2 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

When we made the Reggie trade to Buffalo the rumered coming back were Butler & Luke Adam and a pick. Most of us thought Butler, Luke adam and a 2nd round pick was suitable return for Reggie. Then Reggie said he wanted to think about it overnight.

We know the end result from the next day, Butler, Paul Byron and a 2nd going the other way not our way and we had to throw in Aleš Kotalík to make sure they wouldn't back out.

#3 kehatch

kehatch

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

I think Feaster should be interested in Adam at the right price. But he can't overpay for him. Outside of a strong AHL debut he is a 2 round pick who is struggling to make the transition to the NHL. He is struggling in the AHL and is a project.

Byron and a 5th or something. On another Site they are suggesting Nemisz straight up. I don't think that gets it done, but I would do it if it did.

#4 The_People1

The_People1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,260 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Byron and a 5th or something. On another Site they are suggesting Nemisz straight up. I don't think that gets it done, but I would do it if it did.

That's an interesting trade if it happened. It's just not working out for Nemisz and the Flames for whatever reason. At this stage of his development, his ceiling is something like a David Moss. Luke Adam has slightly higher ceiling but maybe both players just need a change of scenery.

That's an interesting trade if it happened. It's just not working out for Nemisz and the Flames for whatever reason. At this stage of his development, his ceiling is something like a David Moss. Luke Adam has slightly higher ceiling but maybe both players just need a change of scenery.

#5 jjgallow

jjgallow

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Something's wrong.

There are questions about his foot speed and off-ice work ethic, but at the end of the day, he once Was fast enough to have some success in the NHL, and obviously a lot of success in the AHL. He's pretty heavy now for a non-physical player.

I wouldn't personally touch him unless Buffalo was completely forthright about what's going on in Adam Luke's life.

I would be pretty dissapointed if we gave up draft picks for him, but one struggling prospect for another might be okay.

#6 C_worthy

C_worthy

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Something's wrong.

There are questions about his foot speed and off-ice work ethic, but at the end of the day, he once Was fast enough to have some success in the NHL, and obviously a lot of success in the AHL. He's pretty heavy now for a non-physical player.

I wouldn't personally touch him unless Buffalo was completely forthright about what's going on in Adam Luke's life.

I would be pretty dissapointed if we gave up draft picks for him, but one struggling prospect for another might be okay.

Exactly.

There is definitely something going on with him. However, I completely agree with those that have said one struggling preospect for another - I think everyone wants to see these guys work out and a change of scenery can make a world of difference.

I think Nemisz for Adam is a very good trade: Nemisz is probably more likely to make the show as of today, but Adam has more upside - pretty fair trade.

Also, we're long wingers and they have plenty of Cs

#7 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,087 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Exactly.

There is definitely something going on with him. However, I completely agree with those that have said one struggling preospect for another - I think everyone wants to see these guys work out and a change of scenery can make a world of difference.

I think Nemisz for Adam is a very good trade: Nemisz is probably more likely to make the show as of today, but Adam has more upside - pretty fair trade.

This sums it up quite nicely...

#8 wally31

wally31

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Exactly.

I think it would be a great trade for the Flames, but a poor one for the Sabres.

Nemo has shown little promise in most of his opportunities. I agree, a change of scenery would probably do both prospects well, but we probably would have to add. (not much, but another prospect for sure.)

#9 C_worthy

C_worthy

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I think it would be a great trade for the Flames, but a poor one for the Sabres.

Nemo has shown little promise in most of his opportunities. I agree, a change of scenery would probably do both prospects well, but we probably would have to add. (not much, but another prospect for sure.)

Adam's value has plummetted. He is playing 3rd line in the A, I believe, and not being very productive.

#10 lordxan

lordxan

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

If Feaster were to do this, it's not a good move at all. Why?

We have far too many Ctrs as is that are plying wing. We really need to down load the amount of converted Ctrs on this team. We need to look at addressing our needs is terms of position. As far as grit, this can be obtained on the wings as well as in the Crt.

Having said that, true, we are small down the middle, and having a big gritty Ctr who can win face offs is an urgent need, but these guys are hard to come by especially ones that can skate well with speed and can pot the odd goal. This is why Avery was so popular despite his antics, he was a rare breed...But there comes a time when the positives are out balanced by the antics hence his departure form the NHL.

IF and it's a BIG IF, we were to take a risk on Adam, it should be one of these conditional trades, as he like many of our past hopefuls is a huge gamble. Further to that, if he worked out then we would need to make other moves to balance out those wings, as mentioned too many converted Ctrs playing wing is not the best solution.

Any way, this is just my consideration others may differ.

Exactly.

Not true, we are long on converted Ctrs to wingers, as mentioned in my other post. we do however lack skilled, fast good skating Ctrs who can pot the odd goal and are good in the face off dot. I only bring this up because the perception of us not having Ctrs is king of killing us, we have a ton of 2nd tier Ctrs seems to be our major problem and we can`t seem to get rid of them.

Perception is killing us, we need to look at the facts. Facts are as mentioned.

#11 jjgallow

jjgallow

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Not true, we are long on converted Ctrs to wingers, as mentioned in my other post. we do however lack skilled, fast good skating Ctrs who can pot the odd goal and are good in the face off dot. I only bring this up because the perception of us not having Ctrs is king of killing us, we have a ton of 2nd tier Ctrs seems to be our major problem and we can`t seem to get rid of them.

Perception is killing us, we need to look at the facts. Facts are as mentioned.

So...how is perception killing us if you're coming to the same conclusion? Nemisz is a converted center, so we're talking about the same thing. The trade would be a wash. And, we all also agree that it's unlikely because Buffalo wouldn't pull the trigger. Which if fine with us.

#12 lordxan

lordxan

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

So...how is perception killing us if you're coming to the same conclusion? Nemisz is a converted center, so we're talking about the same thing. The trade would be a wash. And, we all also agree that it's unlikely because Buffalo wouldn't pull the trigger. Which if fine with us.

Agreed and my point exactly, all we have is converted wingers.

And agreed, Buf would not pull the trigger on this type of trade unless we over paid and there is no sense in that.