Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyDeeds

You Read - Heard It Here First. 2013 & 2014 Season Predictions.

66 posts in this topic

Tanner hall gets a concision, RNH asks if he can go back to the AHL, Shawn Horcoff and Ryan Smyth braid each otherss hair and the oil finish in 12th place!

I say flames finish 6th in the west, Wideman shows his stuff, Jaybow earns his keep, Iggy ends up in top ten in scoring, flames play the blues in the first round....

:( Iggy does not sign before the deadline and is traded to a contender ... but signs with us in the off season after winning the cup.

If he does not win the cup he will loose to Calgary in the finals :)

all three Calder Candidates come from the west: Granland, Sven, Yakapov.

1/3 of the writers are confused by seeing three names they are pretty sure didn't get a single point against any eastern teams so they couldn't have been that good. Somehow some guy named "toronto" will get more votes then the three nominees.

Luongo gets traded to Toronto (after both teams are out of the playoffs for a bag of pucks. 1/5 of writers cross out "toronto" and write "Luongo" on their Calder ballots in excitement. After a few years and people see that the pucks turned into quality "game pucks," one of which was used to win a cup, toronto will clammer about how when they traded for Luongo nobody knew that the pucks would become far more useful in the playoffs then he ever will. At the beginning of the cup finals, a different puck will hold a press conference saying that the aforementioned puck bounces around to much and should just stay on the ice. The next game this puck will crack under the pressure of a shot and be useless for the remainder of the series.

The first part is actually an honest prediction for who at the end of the year "should" be the three. one of them will be replaced by a player from the east who got in because of hockey writer exposure.

Tanner hall gets a concision, RNH asks if he can go back to the AHL, Shawn Horcoff and Ryan Smyth braid each otherss hair and the oil finish in 12th place!

I say flames finish 6th in the west, Wideman shows his stuff, Jaybow earns his keep, Iggy ends up in top ten in scoring, flames play the blues in the first round....

don't you think your prediction is a bit high on the Oilers? twelfth place? someone has bought into the hype.

1 person likes this

Luongo gets traded to Toronto (after both teams are out of the playoffs for a bag of pucks. 1/5 of writers cross out "toronto" and write "Luongo" on their Calder ballots in excitement. After a few years and people see that the pucks turned into quality "game pucks," one of which was used to win a cup, toronto will clammer about how when they traded for Luongo nobody knew that the pucks would become far more useful in the playoffs then he ever will. At the beginning of the cup finals, a different puck will hold a press conference saying that the aforementioned puck bounces around to much and should just stay on the ice. The next game this puck will crack under the pressure of a shot and be useless for the remainder of the series.

That story is totally pucked up...

all three Calder Candidates come from the west: Granland, Sven, Yakapov.

1/3 of the writers are confused by seeing three names they are pretty sure didn't get a single point against any eastern teams so they couldn't have been that good. Somehow "toronto" write ins will get more votes then the three nominees.

The first part is actually an honest prediction for who at the end of the year "should" be the three. one of them will be replaced by a player from the east who got in because of hockey writer exposure.

don't you think your prediction is a bit high on the Oilers? twelfth place? someone has bought into the hype.

Im only saying as high as 12th because I figure Columbus, Phoenix and Anaheim will all have to close there doors due to bankruptcy by mid season... So oil still end up last :D

Im only saying as high as 12th because I figure Columbus, Phoenix and Anaheim will all have to close there doors due to bankruptcy by mid season... So oil still end up last :D

I just laughed so hard I peed a little. Well played gentlemen....

I hate to ruin the joy going around..

But there is no way Iginla is getting 30 goals in a (48 game?) condensed season. It takes him 82 games to do it, let alone that number shrunk.

Beartstchi might pull 40 points, but it would be more realistic to say low to mid 30's.

As for the playoffs, here is where I DO GET optimistic.

Flames finish 5th in the Western Conference.

I don't want to predict anything more. xD

Very unlikely Iggy puts up 30. But in 10/11 he put up 27 in the last 48. It isn't impossible he gets it. Or at least gets close.

NHL.com quits ignoring the signing of Roman Cervenka and acknowledges him as part of the roster.

Oh look, today they actually did that. You heard it here first.

One final prediction:

J Schultz will not be the stud everyone is expecting. There is a big difference between offensive D in the AHL and the NHL. I am sure he will score a few, but I think goalies are a bit better in the NHL.

Hope I am right, only because I hate the way he became a free agent (oh yeah, and because he is on the Oil). Have they closed that loop in the new CBA? :o

One final prediction:

J Schultz will not be the stud everyone is expecting. There is a big difference between offensive D in the AHL and the NHL. I am sure he will score a few, but I think goalies are a bit better in the NHL.

Hope I am right, only because I hate the way he became a free agent (oh yeah, and because he is on the Oil). Have they closed that loop in the new CBA? :o

Shades of our favorite whipping boy Timmy isn't he. Karma has a way of biting those who temp it, or push it too far.

Shades of our favorite whipping boy Timmy isn't he. Karma has a way of biting those who temp it, or push it too far.

I wonder how ol' Timmy is liking a career in Columbus' A?

New prediction: Tim Erixon hates his life.

The Baer will have 30+ assists and double digit goals

Iggy will have 25+ goals

J Bouw will have a breakout season for us and be a in the top 10 in scoring D men

And finally I am going with Flames losing the division by 2 points to the Nucks but will make the playoffs in the 5th place slot!!!

One final prediction:

That isn't even a consideration for him this year.

This is a tough league for dmen. He'll be doing a lot of listening and learning I'd hope.

Rookie season, playing AHL-quality opponents means zero. He isn't going to be some shockingly great NHL dman this year, I wouldn't even worry about it.

I'm more worried about Yakupov, myself. He could get them off the one line mentality with secondary scoring.

I've watched some Oiler camp, and he still does some awful toe-dragging at the blue line waiting for the puck carrier, but I'm sure they'll figure it out. He also sets up low for the one timer, he has to come out to the hashmarks sweetspot or no one will find him, and also, he can pull the d out and create a bit more space for his guys...just some thoughts.

But if this guy puts it all together, youch, lookout.

I saw a lot of them in Sarnia, and I've seen a lot of jr and NHL in lotsa rinks.

With Galchenyuk and Yakupov, I don't know, they were just "different" than what I've seen and am used to.

I stand by that, and I know the Russian style.

These are 2 quirky Russians (Russian-American)!!

Really interested to see what parlays to NHL careers.

Tanguay will be points leader

Brodie will continue to improve and cement a top 4 spot

Iginla will be subject of intense trade speculation after a slow start and then have a hot-streak sparking intense trade speculation.

Breen will get a brief taste of the action

Backlund will get 10 goals, 25 points and earn a decent contract.

Irving will struggle and be traded or waived, Danny Taylor will get a chance.

Squid will become number one centre with Backlund and Stajan jockeying for number two. Cervenka's big chance will be diminshed by his health problems (sorry, hope I'm wrong) and Blair Jones will establish himself as a cult hero and sell a ton of number 19 shirts.

Aliu will not play in the NHL, Comeau or Stempniak will be traded before the deadline and Feaster will puzzle us all with a baffling trade which turns out just about OK in hindsight

Flames miss the playoffs. Oilers won't :(

*pulls out my half full glass*

I am expecting good things from Backlund. I think he will push Cervenka for #2C job.

I am thinking Kipper will not have a down year this season. He tends to flip flop back and forth between good and no so good years.

Given a bit of time I think Hudler will make a big impact on this team. Think shootouts and game winning goals for my usage of the word "Impact".

I am thinking those 3 games in early April against the Oilers are going to be difference makers for at least one of us and all will be the old "Battle of Alberta" quality.

1 person likes this

I think the flames will win the lottery and draft MacKinnon.

I see Backlund having a good year.

I see Wideman having a terrible year defensively.

I see Iginla signing a career-ending deal with the Flames.

I see TSN finally giving the Flames the credit they deserve...

Let me re-edit that: I see TSN continuing the Flames bashing throughout the season, even when we make the playoffs.

2 people like this

Let me re-edit that: I see TSN continuing the Flames bashing throughout the season, even when we make the playoffs.

LOL - i can get behind that prediction!

I just felt a chill down my spine. HOW COULD YOU KNOW THAT!?!?!?!

Flames will finish dead last; Oilers will finish with the most points of all non-playoff teams. With the new rules of the draft, the Oilers will win the first overall pick once again. This is the only way I can see this short, but painfully long, season getting any worse.

after 1 loss the trolls/angst filled fans will be acting like it is halfway through the season without the flames having gotten a single win.

after 1 loss the trolls/angst filled fans will be acting like it is halfway through the season without the flames having gotten a single win.

Half way through January and no wins. Trade Iggy and Kipper and sack the coach.

Half way through January and no wins. Trade Iggy and Kipper and sack the coach.

1 person likes this

Kipper leads the team in goals.

We'll not be in a position to make the playoffs around deadline time so we'll trade Stempniak in exchange for a 4th round pick and a career AHLer.

Cervenka will score his first in his 4th game.

Cammalleri will score a hat-trick once this season, but otherwise, he will have a similar year to last year.

David Moss will score 2 goals against us in a 5-2 PHX victory at Jobing.com arena.

Irving wont get a single start, but he will come in in the 2nd period of a game in relief of Kipper who gets yanked. We'll come back to within one goal, but still end up losing.

We'll have the worst shootout record in the league. We'll win twice in OT. One winner by Tanguay. And the other by Stajan.

Baertschi wont be in the running for the calder, but he will still have a solid season (13G, 11A)

We draft Seth Jones but he refuses to sign with the us.

We will continually get pummeled by the media, no matter what source.

Late to the party i see. Welp here is my predictions:

Mired in 13th Yet again.

Missed playoffs for the 4th season in a row.

Iggy will finally give up the ghost and asked to be traded.

Complete rebuild (minus coaching staff) will be started in off season.

Ken King will finally be Fired.

Stajan will be traded.

Tanguay will fade to black and have a dismal season.