Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyDeeds

You Read - Heard It Here First. 2013 & 2014 Season Predictions.

66 posts in this topic

Reviving this thread for 2014. You can read some of our predictions from the previous season.

This is the place to make your predictions. All things Flames.

Thinking X Flame will get traded? Put it down here.
Think Sven will win a Calder. Get it down here.
Now you can come back and prove it.

Posted Image

Get out your Crystal Balls and start soothsaying.

bb6b419bea0c9026342409f1ab9a2a41.png?135

I think:

The Flames finish with 5th overall pick next draft.

The Flames have more rookies playing in and out of the line up than Col Saunders has chicken legs.

The Flames make a deal for an elite player before the next season.

Glencross is our top scorer(goals) this year.

Brodie is going to work his way into the top 4 by season end. He will finish averaging at least 18-minutes per night for the latter half of the season.

The Flames still haven't figured out who is the 1C by season end. Cervenka, Backlund, Tanguay, Stajan, and Cammalleri all get some sort of audition.

Look at me go.  I will just leave the other three predictions off the board .....

Look at me go.  I will just leave the other three predictions off the board .....

Technically you were right---Iggy didn't get 30.   You were just more right than you thought you were going to be :)

I'm calling it:  Someobody's getting traded this year as well

The Flames will not finish dead last despite what the "experts" say.

Cammy will be traded.

Ramo solidifies the number 1 spot and Berra becomes the number 2. MacDonald is moved in a package deal with Cammy.

The Flames get a bonafide shut down D man

The Flames miss the playoffs and end up picking number 3 in the draft.

-The Flames will start the season strong.  After 20 games they'll be in a playoff position...and then they'll drop like a sack of hammers on Jupiter.

-Ramo will have a reasonable, although, unspectacular season.  MacDonald gets moved in a package deal before the end of the year.

-Backlund stays healthy and establishes himself as a 2nd line center and gets between 40 and 50 points.

-The Flames trade for Tyler Myers (Buffalo).

-The Flames will be top 5 in the league in penalties and will have the worst PK.

-Shane O'Brien finishes the season in Abbottsford.

-Chris Breen is a full time NHLer by January.

-Horak comes back to the Flames and solidifies his spot on the team.

-Bob Hartley and George Johnson have a "prose-off" where they each try to out-do each other with cheesy catch phrases.  Johnson wins but only because Hartley actually has a real job to focus on.

-The media fawn over Brian Burke and his forthright way of speaking until he turns on them and then the pitchforks come out (starting with Eric Francis).  Then the media comes around after he beats up Kevin Lowe in the parking lot after a game against the Oilers.

-Jay Feaster "resigns" in March after he tries to make some deals that Burke doesn't approve.

-Theo Fleury claims that he could still come back and lead the team in scoring this season.

-When the Flames play Boston, Iginla will get into a fight with one of his former teammates.

-Denis Wideman has the worst +/- by the end of the season.

-The Flames will have a winning record against Edmonton this season.

#1 - Feaster will be gone before the next draft, maybe before the end of the season

#2 - There will be some false hope winning streak that makes everyone believe there is some chance we could pull out a playoff spot

#3 - Canucks are left battling for a wildcard

#4 - I agree with ^ on Tyler Myers being a possibility this year. 

#1 - Monahan stays with the Flames for the full season.

#2 - Cammi is traded about a week before the deadline. Return is a 2nd rounder.

#3 - The Flames  finish to draft 5th overall but trade for #3 & land Ekblad.

I'm scared to do this but what the heck.

Calgary finishes with the 5th overall pick.

Sven after being called out by Burkie implodes and is sent down to Abby.

Joey Mac is our best tender by far.

Just kidding.

Calgary finishes in the wildcard going all the way to game 7 of the SCF, losing out to Boston because of a phantom goal by Iggy, Sven will score 17 adding 23 assists.

TJ will emerge as our top D

Burke will fleece Toronto in a trade involving Cammi for Kadri, we also will get their second round pick when we throw in Macdonald.

I will finally sit in the Dome to watch a game right beside the woman who has lifetime tickets behind the Flames bench. We will discuss fashion during TV timeouts.

1 person likes this

TJ will emerge as our top D

I will finally sit in the Dome to watch a game right beside the woman who has lifetime tickets behind the Flames bench. We will discuss fashion during TV timeouts.

Agree with the TJ part, unless they move TJ Galiardi to defense, in which case it's still possible.

If you look at file footage from years past (Dutter as the coach), you will see that exact same woman wearing the same jersey and sporting the same hairstyle.  She could use from fashion help.  Also, she might smile now and again.

On to my predictions:

1) Sven will figure it out and score 19 goals and 47 assists 

2) Monahan will benefit from Sven's passes and score 20 goals in a full season; both he and Sven will be in the Calder running

3) Joe C will rise up the depth chart and push Backlund up to 1st line

4) Matty will have a decent first half and get traded to the Kings, where Darryl will reward him and see that he gets another big contract

5) Knight will be up by December - 1st game he will score 2 goals and the headlines shall read "Good Knight!".

6) Breen will replace Butler as #6D - Butler waived

7) Seilof will be up in December, just before the Oilers play; he will become Hemsky's newest enemy - Smith waived again 

8) Berra will become the 1b goalie and Joey Mac will be traded to the Kings for a 5th (of Scotch)

9) Cammi and Hudler have career years; Cammi is traded at the deadline; return is a 1st from a bubble team

10) Flames will draft 6th, cuz they never draft any higher.

11) 1st rounder picked up in the Cammi trade become the Lotto winner pick; we end up with a 1st overall

12) We trade our #6 pick to a team needing a rebuild, for a 1st in 2015 and a 2nd in 2014

1 person likes this

BTW, I forgot to mention...The 1st in 2015 is also a lotto winner, since it wasn't originally a Flames draft pick.  :lol:

I will give it a whack:

1) Ramo has an average season as does every goalie we try

2) We  compete but are never competitive

3) We end up with 3rd pick in the draft, but move to 2nd via lottery.

4) Monahan stays( going out on a limb as I think he should go back to junior)

5) Knight gets recalled and pushes Backlund out of 2nd line to 3rd

6) Seiloff and Breen become the perfect pairing in their role

7) Stajan, Cammi and Backlund are traded. Resulting in a great prospect and 1st and 2nd draft choice. Butler and Smith are waived.

8) Sven gets 38 points, improves in the areas required

9) Wotherspoon, Hanowski and  Ferland are recalled due to injuries never to go back.

10) Edmonton doesn't make the playoffs again.

11) Blues win the cup

I will give it a whack:

1) Ramo has an average season as does every goalie we try

2) We  compete but are never competitive

3) We end up with 3rd pick in the draft, but move to 2nd via lottery.

4) Monahan stays( going out on a limb as I think he should go back to junior)

5) Knight gets recalled and pushes Backlund out of 2nd line to 3rd

6) Seiloff and Breen become the perfect pairing in their role

7) Stajan, Cammi and Backlund are traded. Resulting in a great prospect and 1st and 2nd draft choice. Butler and Smith are waived.

8) Sven gets 38 points, improves in the areas required

9) Wotherspoon, Hanowski and  Ferland are recalled due to injuries never to go back.

10) Edmonton doesn't make the playoffs again.

11) Blues win the cup

You confused me with #3.  How did a 3rd become a 2nd overall via lottery?  A lotter pick is #1 overall, right?  Or is there some alternate universe that changes the rules of lottery picks only for Calgary and we have to live in that universe forever more?  :P

Other than that, I agree with:    #4, #6, #9 and #10.  I partially agree with #5 (Backlund stays as #2 in depth or higher), #7 (Backs stays), and #8 (Sven improves in required areas).

Well here's my prediction stretch.

1) Flames will do surprisingly well for the first third+ of the season.

2) This will encourage Burke to think we have a playoff chance. Burke will then coerce and manipulate Feaster into "trading the farm" for 2 veterans.

3) This will cause a team collapse and Burke will blame Feaster and fire him towards the end of the season and take the GM job. (He will then give the 2 veterans long lucrative contracts)  He will also start the process of replacing Hartley.

4) Flames will have the 3rd overall draft choice but will get bumped to 4th with losing the lottery.

5) Stagan, Backland, Stemp, Geo have banner seasons.

6) Phoenix wins the lottery and gets 1st overall

7) Colorado makes the playoffs but lose out the first rnd to St. Louis

8) Oilers trade Gagner toward end of season to Montreal or NJD

9) I finally find that sliver that keeps irritating me on my sattledome seat.

10) San Jose wins the cup

11) lastly The NHL start the process of adding new teams to Seattle and Kansas City

My bad was suppose to be #1, :wacko:

You confused me with #3.  How did a 3rd become a 2nd overall via lottery?  A lotter pick is #1 overall, right?  Or is there some alternate universe that changes the rules of lottery picks only for Calgary and we have to live in that universe forever more?  :P

Other than that, I agree with:    #4, #6, #9 and #10.  I partially agree with #5 (Backlund stays as #2 in depth or higher), #7 (Backs stays), and #8 (Sven improves in required areas).