Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyDeeds

Hudler Headed Home. Family Emergency !

32 posts in this topic

Fan 960 only said Family emergency which usually means sickness, accident or a death in the family.

Between travel and such back across the ocean I expect he will be gone for a number of days.

Our hopes & prayers go with you.

Fan 960 only said Family emergency which usually means sickness, accident or a death in the family.

Between travel and such back across the ocean I expect he will be gone for a number of days.

Our hopes & prayers go with you.

I hope his family is ok.

And also if he is gone for opening night you can expect Steve Begin or Brad Winchester to be dressed.

I heard it is an issue with his dad. Highly unlikely to make it for Sunday's game. I'd even doubt he'd play on Monday. Of course family comes first, so the games he misses doesn't matter. I hope everything turns out all right for him and his family.

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions

Hearing Jiri Hudler has returned to Czech Republic . His father is ill. #Flames .

I heard it is an issue with his dad. Highly unlikely to make it for Sunday's game. I'd even doubt he'd play on Monday. Of course family comes first, so the games he misses doesn't matter. I hope everything turns out all right for him and his family.

Officially, his father is in the hospital; he is being given as much time as he needs.

Poor guy. Big loss for us to start the year, and more importantly tough way to start the season for him. Hope his father will be alright!!!

Hes gone home to be with his father who is in the hospital. Wish him all the best and for his father to have a speedy recovery.

Best wishes to your family Jiri in your time of need. Hopefully your father recovers.

Unfortunately, his father died.

Czech news:

"Ve věku 50 let zemřel Jiří Hudler starší. Bývalý obránce Olomouce a poté dlouholetý trenér zejména ve Vsetíně, kde pomohl vychovat řadu vynikajících hráčů, byl v pondělí hospitalizován v nemocnici, kde v noci na úterý podlehl dlouhé vážné nemoci. Syn Jiří Hudler mladší opustil z rodinných důvodů kemp Calgary před startem zkrácené sezony NHL a vrací se do vlasti."

Translation (sorry for the bad English)

"By age 50, died Jiri Hudler. Former defender Olomouc and especially long-time coach in Vsetin, where he helped raise a number of excellent players, was hospitalized Monday at a hospital, where he died on Tuesday night after long serious illness. Jiri Hudler younger left for family reasons Calgary camp before the start of the shortened NHL season and returns to his homeland."

Unfortunately, his father died.

Czech news:

"Ve věku 50 let zemřel Jiří Hudler starší. Bývalý obránce Olomouce a poté dlouholetý trenér zejména ve Vsetíně, kde pomohl vychovat řadu vynikajících hráčů, byl v pondělí hospitalizován v nemocnici, kde v noci na úterý podlehl dlouhé vážné nemoci. Syn Jiří Hudler mladší opustil z rodinných důvodů kemp Calgary před startem zkrácené sezony NHL a vrací se do vlasti."

Translation (sorry for the bad English)

"By age 50, died Jiri Hudler. Former defender Olomouc and especially long-time coach in Vsetin, where he helped raise a number of excellent players, was hospitalized Monday at a hospital, where he died on Tuesday night after long serious illness. Jiri Hudler younger left for family reasons Calgary camp before the start of the shortened NHL season and returns to his homeland."

Ahhh sh*t. The loss of a family member is always hard. All the best to Jiri & his family. Id assume that this means that Jiri will be back at home for a while. While unfortunate, it gives some of our other players (like baer) a bit of an opportunity to prove themselves?

Wow... just 50 yrs old. So young. Scary. These stories always make me look around at those i love.. and appreciate.

My family's thoughts and prayers go out to Jiri and his family. I only hope he had a chance to see his father and talk to him before he passed.

R.I.P with thoughts are prayers from the Sea of Red. This again, put things into perspective take this time to be with your family Jiri the Flames and Fans aren't going anywhere.

Hudler_Jiri_starsi_TOP_vsetin_zps4c9314f8.jpg

Jiri Hudler Sr. had earned and deserved a lot of respect in the hockey world in his lengthy career.

Hudler Sr. at the beginning of the nineties, took over the team in Olomouc, where he later also took over the coaching duties. His own playing career was also then followed by that of his son.

Jiri Hudler Sr. was one of the founders of the school youth hockey club in Olomouc where his coaching and guidance was a benefit to a number of players. He later went on Vsetín hockey club, where he also achieved success.

He will be missed by many...

Condolences to Jiri and family, and we look forward to your return to the Flames...

2 people like this

Prayers and sorrow extended to Hudler and his family... Hope he takes his time and doesn't rush back too soon. His father raised a very great person and player Jiri Hudler Jr. should be proud.

Can't imagine how he is feeling right now, especially at the young age of his fathers' passing. Condolences to Jiri and the Hudler family.

A reporter from the Czech Republic says Hudler will try to play on Sunday. I also believe this has been reported by Roger Millions.

Roman Jedlicka ‏@jedli

Funeral of Jiri Hudler's dad is scheduled on Fri morning 9am so Huds can fly back to Calgary and play season opening game for #Flames.

A reporter from the Czech Republic says Hudler will try to play on Sunday. I also believe this has been reported by Roger Millions.

Heard much the same, sounds like he will be on his way to Calgary after his dads funeral on Friday...

Feaster says that Hudler returning following the Friday funeral is the tentative plan. Hope he takes the time he needs though. Hockey isn't that important.

Hudler is back in town(tonight) but won't be in tomorrows game.

Babchuk skated with the team today and is expected back early Feb.

Edit: He is back tonight according to Fan960.