SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Hudler Headed Home. Family Emergency !

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Fan 960 only said Family emergency which usually means sickness, accident or a death in the family.

Between travel and such back across the ocean I expect he will be gone for a number of days.

Our hopes & prayers go with you.

#2 Mattman456

Mattman456

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Fan 960 only said Family emergency which usually means sickness, accident or a death in the family.

Between travel and such back across the ocean I expect he will be gone for a number of days.

Our hopes & prayers go with you.

I hope his family is ok.

And also if he is gone for opening night you can expect Steve Begin or Brad Winchester to be dressed.

#3 FlamesShine4ever

FlamesShine4ever

Behind the Net

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

I heard it is an issue with his dad. Highly unlikely to make it for Sunday's game. I'd even doubt he'd play on Monday. Of course family comes first, so the games he misses doesn't matter. I hope everything turns out all right for him and his family.

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions
Hearing Jiri Hudler has returned to Czech Republic . His father is ill. #Flames .

#4 travel_dude

travel_dude

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I heard it is an issue with his dad. Highly unlikely to make it for Sunday's game. I'd even doubt he'd play on Monday. Of course family comes first, so the games he misses doesn't matter. I hope everything turns out all right for him and his family.

Officially, his father is in the hospital; he is being given as much time as he needs.

#5 Canada15

Canada15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Poor guy. Big loss for us to start the year, and more importantly tough way to start the season for him. Hope his father will be alright!!!

#6 Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Hokay. So, heres da Earth.

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hes gone home to be with his father who is in the hospital. Wish him all the best and for his father to have a speedy recovery.

#7 ifiwaschucknorris

ifiwaschucknorris

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Best wishes to your family Jiri in your time of need. Hopefully your father recovers.

#8 Samot

Samot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Unfortunately, his father died.

Czech news:
"Ve věku 50 let zemřel Jiří Hudler starší. Bývalý obránce Olomouce a poté dlouholetý trenér zejména ve Vsetíně, kde pomohl vychovat řadu vynikajících hráčů, byl v pondělí hospitalizován v nemocnici, kde v noci na úterý podlehl dlouhé vážné nemoci. Syn Jiří Hudler mladší opustil z rodinných důvodů kemp Calgary před startem zkrácené sezony NHL a vrací se do vlasti."

Translation (sorry for the bad English)
"By age 50, died Jiri Hudler. Former defender Olomouc and especially long-time coach in Vsetin, where he helped raise a number of excellent players, was hospitalized Monday at a hospital, where he died on Tuesday night after long serious illness. Jiri Hudler younger left for family reasons Calgary camp before the start of the shortened NHL season and returns to his homeland."

#9 ScottMacMahon

ScottMacMahon

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Unfortunately, his father died.

Czech news:
"Ve věku 50 let zemřel Jiří Hudler starší. Bývalý obránce Olomouce a poté dlouholetý trenér zejména ve Vsetíně, kde pomohl vychovat řadu vynikajících hráčů, byl v pondělí hospitalizován v nemocnici, kde v noci na úterý podlehl dlouhé vážné nemoci. Syn Jiří Hudler mladší opustil z rodinných důvodů kemp Calgary před startem zkrácené sezony NHL a vrací se do vlasti."

Translation (sorry for the bad English)
"By age 50, died Jiri Hudler. Former defender Olomouc and especially long-time coach in Vsetin, where he helped raise a number of excellent players, was hospitalized Monday at a hospital, where he died on Tuesday night after long serious illness. Jiri Hudler younger left for family reasons Calgary camp before the start of the shortened NHL season and returns to his homeland."

Ahhh sh*t. The loss of a family member is always hard. All the best to Jiri & his family. Id assume that this means that Jiri will be back at home for a while. While unfortunate, it gives some of our other players (like baer) a bit of an opportunity to prove themselves?

#10 DL44

DL44

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK.....

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,832 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Wow... just 50 yrs old. So young. Scary. These stories always make me look around at those i love.. and appreciate.

#11 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Condolences to Jiri.
I pray he passed in peace.

#12 s4xon

s4xon

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

My family's thoughts and prayers go out to Jiri and his family. I only hope he had a chance to see his father and talk to him before he passed.

#13 cmpdave

cmpdave

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

R.I.P with thoughts are prayers from the Sea of Red. This again, put things into perspective take this time to be with your family Jiri the Flames and Fans aren't going anywhere.

#14 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Proper words escape me at times like these. My sympathies and prayers go to you and your family.

#15 Wreckening

Wreckening

GO TEAM REBUILD

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Condolences to the Hudler family

#16 FlamesShine4ever

FlamesShine4ever

Behind the Net

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hard to really say anything other than my condolences to Jiri and the the rest of the Hudler family. :(

#17 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,953 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

Jiri Hudler Sr. had earned and deserved a lot of respect in the hockey world in his lengthy career.

Hudler Sr. at the beginning of the nineties, took over the team in Olomouc, where he later also took over the coaching duties. His own playing career was also then followed by that of his son.

Jiri Hudler Sr. was one of the founders of the school youth hockey club in Olomouc where his coaching and guidance was a benefit to a number of players. He later went on Vsetín hockey club, where he also achieved success.

He will be missed by many...

Condolences to Jiri and family, and we look forward to your return to the Flames...

#18 Mattman456

Mattman456

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Prayers and sorrow extended to Hudler and his family... Hope he takes his time and doesn't rush back too soon. His father raised a very great person and player Jiri Hudler Jr. should be proud.

#19 swtrooper

swtrooper

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

My condolences go out to the Hudler family!

#20 bronco73

bronco73

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Can't imagine how he is feeling right now, especially at the young age of his fathers' passing. Condolences to Jiri and the Hudler family.