SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Am I The Only One?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Arto14

Arto14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Am I the only one who is a little pissed off? King issues a statement that says they are sorry, best way to apologize is to win. This pisses me off because other teams are doing something to try to win back fans.

Just a small rant.

(I'm not new here but I can't get on my old account)

#2 happycat

happycat

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

They should let us pie the players for charity. Everybody wins, we win by avenging the pain of bordom for 3/4 of the season (you know that sad depressed feeling we get during winter, is aggrivated when there is no hockey. So we get this numb lifeless zombie feelig in our heart chakra. (Which in turn increases our Blood pressure, (to sad depressed mode). Someone has to PAY. for making me SADcat, instead of Happycat. And I say let the richy players AND the Flames leadership get pied in the face..... for charity for Flames Foundation, this way, we're appeased, they've humilated themselves for causing us Darth Grevious discomfort, and the community wins by fund raising....

PIE AWAY!.

#3 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

I kind of agree. With King coming from a media(newspaper) background, you would think they would be a tad more forthcoming. However old age and security sometimes brings out the thrift(I'm being really nice here) in some people.

As well with a long waiting list for seasons tickets does he have to pander to the masses? No not really....

#4 Arto14

Arto14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

I kind of agree. With King coming from a media(newspaper) background, you would think they would be a tad more forthcoming. However old age and security sometimes brings out the thrift(I'm being really nice here) in some people.

As well with a long waiting list for seasons tickets does he have to pander to the masses? No not really....

I totally get that just super frustrated...
I moved away from the city for 8 years and now I am back. I was very excited about going to a flames game, then bam lock out. When it's all over all we get is a we're sorry. Spend money we will make the playoffs

#5 happycat

happycat

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I feel your pain arto14, I just came back from China. and bam lock out.

#6 kehatch

kehatch

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I hope there is something to come. Some teams are giving free parking for a period of time. We have increased parking fees by 50 percent. Some are giving away free food. Some are giving free admission to kids etc.

I am not aware of anything coming from the Flames.

#7 oldschool17

oldschool17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Heard through the grapevine of some arena workers that tickets will be cheaper but not sure. Ill be supremely annoyed if there is nothing.

#8 Arto14

Arto14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Heard through the grapevine of some arena workers that tickets will be cheaper but not sure. Ill be supremely annoyed if there is nothing.

This right here or at bare minimum was it the jets 50% off merch.

#9 Arto14

Arto14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Well this helps
http://flames.nhl.co...s.htm?id=650532

#10 hockeypriest

hockeypriest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

The thing that burns my donkey is that if you don't live in an NHL city you just have to accept "We're Sorry"...

Half price merch (which likely still generates a profit) from the Fan Attic and discounted Dome food don't help unless you can go to the game...

I've invested alot of time and money into this game...

If anyone is going to the opener have a couple hot dogs for me...

#11 Arto14

Arto14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

I have not looked into this yet but I was told you can get half off on the fanatic website as well. For you out of towners.

#12 Heartbreaker

Heartbreaker

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

You and me both, Sister.

I live in Leafs Nation, and the centre of the universe. It actually works out well since the whole world revolves around me.

I'm super bummed out I can't be there for 'dome heroin beers, nachos, and a Roman Cervenka jersey at half-price. It's a sad day, but it's still better than being a Leafs fan.

Well done steakin' Navajo fry watermelon Gary Leeman, indeed!

Love.